ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>Masters of the Universe 2019
Sure-Oz 09:43 PM 04-26-2017
@EW: The #MastersoftheUniverse reboot is headed to the big-screen in 2019! http://share.ew.com/Qgr5QRz

Sony sets release date for*Masters of the Universe*reboot

DEREK LAWRENCE@DEREKJLAWRENCE

POSTED ON*APRIL 26, 2017 AT 11:24PM EDT

He-Man has the power — and now a release date

The*long-discussed*Masters of the Universe*reboot has finally found a spot on the calendar, launching into theaters on Dec. 18, 2019, EW has confirmed. McG (Charlie’s Angels) has been on board to*direct since early 2016.

EW has also learned from a source familiar with the production that many actors, including A-list talent, are vying for key roles.

Last June,*Twilight*star*Kellan Lutz tweeted about the “amazing meeting” he had with McG and producer Mary Viola. The*director later confirmed the meeting*in an interview with*IGN*and said Lutz would be considered “very, very carefully,” noting how “passionate” he is about the character and story.

Beginning as a line of toys and their accompanying mini-comics from Mattel,*Masters of the Universe*spawned several animated series, and eventually, in 1987, a*live-action film starring Dolph Lundgren*as Prince Adam a.k.a. the warrior He-Man, the defender of Eternia. Frank Langella portrayed He-Man’s nemesis Skeletor.

Similar in tone to the big superhero-driven comic book adaptations made especially popular over the last decade, McG has found inspiration for the upcoming reboot in a very specific place. “We also need to be cognizant of the incredible resonance of what Kevin Feige is doing with Marvel, and the balance of full-bodied entertainment,”*McG previously shared. “That it’s both credible and emotional, action-packed, and the story of a hero’s journey.”
[Reply]
Nickhead 09:45 PM 04-26-2017
the timing of this is funny. i bumped an old thread about this just a few weeks ago :-)
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:14 AM 04-27-2017
Update...

@comingsoonnet: McG no longer directing Masters of the Universe, David Goyer is writing the script #MastersOfTheUniverse #HeMan http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...f-the-universe
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:22 AM 04-27-2017
Good, McG ruined Xmen films before First Class rebounded the series. The problem is the look of the character, you have to go muscular with it. There aren't many actors in Hollywood with that build who can actually act. Putting Kellan Lutz in is just for the muscles, there is no acting ability in there at all, shocking from the Twilight acting tree of greatness. Not that we're getting an Oscar winner of a film here, but it could at least be entertaining and get a 60-70% on RT and that'd be a success imo.
[Reply]
Frosty 09:26 AM 04-27-2017
I'm surprised this is even a thing. Are there still a lot of He-man fans around? I thought that pretty much ended in the '80s.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:34 AM 04-27-2017
Fuck yes!

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:06 AM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Frosty:
I'm surprised this is even a thing. Are there still a lot of He-man fans around? I thought that pretty much ended in the '80s.
Alot of he man fans online and overseas. ..he-man.org there is also a power con for he-man and shera in California.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:07 AM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by ASS11:
Fuck yes!

Lol
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:02 PM 04-27-2017
He's out busting heads. Then he's back to the lab for some more full penetration. Smells crime, back to the lab, full penetration. Crime, penetration, crime, full penetration, crime, penetration... And this goes on and on, and back and forth for 90 or so minutes until the movie just sort of ends.
[Reply]
bowener 04:22 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
He's out busting heads. Then he's back to the lab for some more full penetration. Smells crime, back to the lab, full penetration. Crime, penetration, crime, full penetration, crime, penetration... And this goes on and on, and back and forth for 90 or so minutes until the movie just sort of ends.
I love this show.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 07:12 PM 04-27-2017
I hope there will be Chicken and Ribs in this movie too.
[Reply]
Miles 11:23 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I came here to make a Dolph joke and can't top this reference.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:25 AM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
I hope there will be Chicken and Ribs in this movie too.
Is that a Courtney Cox joke?
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 06:57 PM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Is that a Courtney Cox joke?

[Reply]
Up