ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Seth Keysor (@RealMNshiefsfan) QB Breakdown/Rankings
Dante84 04:27 PM 04-26-2017
This guy is a fun Twitter follow if you are a Chiefs fan.

He's a GIF nerd, who does his own custom metrics when analyzing players. He often posts on Arrowhead Pride.

Anyways, he went through and watched a bunch of games for the top 9 QB prospects, and scored them based on his QB metrics.

Here's what he ended up with:

1. Patrick Mahomes
2. Deshaun Watson (really 1a)
3. Chad Kelly
4. Joshua Dobbs
5. Nathan Peterman
6. DeShone Kizer
7. Mitchell Trubisky
8. Davis Webb
9. Brad Kaaya

I'm assuming this is based on "On the field" analysis only, otherwise Kelly would be much lower.

Here's the link to this ranking, and his breakdown of Kaaya, Kelly & Peterman.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:14 AM 04-27-2017
Chad Kelly is like the anti Alex Smith

Slings it, smokes weed, doesn't give a fuck and will try to DM a slut on Twitter. That's my motherfucking QB, dawg.
[Reply]
Dante84 11:34 AM 04-27-2017
Here's a better link:

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/4...outing-reports
[Reply]
Dante84 11:35 AM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by :
Our own MNChiefsfan wrote about the top quarterbacks in the 2017 NFL Draft class throughout this draft season. I collected those links and put them down below along with a quote since today is the big day.

MNChiefsfan did rank the quarterbacks like this. I know that not many people have Chad Kelly ranked third or Josh Dobbs fourth but he does. These rankings take into account what he saw on the field rather than anything off the field.

1. Patrick Mahomes
Toss in exceptional arm talent and decent scrambling ability and Mahomes checks the boxes I need to see before I’m willing to take a chance on a quarterback in the first round. His “red flags” are, in my opinion, vastly overrated when one considers the situation he’d find himself in with Andy Reid’s coaching and scheme. I think he’d be a marvelous pick at 27, and would even be thrilled if the Chiefs moved up to grab him. He was that impressive.

2. Deshaun Watson (really 1a)
So where does Watson land on my list? I would place him pretty closely behind Patrick Mahomes and a fair distance ahead of Trubisky. I would also be perfectly happy if the Chiefs picked him in the first round or even moved up a bit to grab him. He seems like a good shot at getting the often-discussed Alex 2.0 on a permanent basis and at a bargain price. And that, my friends, is absolutely a quarterback you can win with.

3. Chad Kelly
Overall, though, Chad Kelly’s film (in the two games I watched) was very nearly as impressive as anything else I watched all year. It’s easy to see why some people view him as a first round talent.

4. Joshua Dobbs
Really, though, it was tough to find too much to nitpick about Dobbs. Yes, his role was more limited than some of the other quarterbacks the Chiefs could take. However, if you’re looking for a guy to avoid mistakes, make accurate throws, take a few shots down the field (and do so decently, by the way) and use his legs to make defenses pay for ignoring him ... Dobbs seems ready to be that guy. Whether he could be more is an unknown, but with his athleticism and accuracy and flashes of going through progressions I think there’s reason to believe that it’s possible.

5. Nathan Peterman
However, overall Peterman demonstrates some wildly important traits in pocket presence and ability to progress through reads over the entire field. His accuracy isn’t great, but it’s not bad either. Those traits are enough to make you wonder if he could be a solid NFL quarterback despite a mediocre arm. Pocket presence, the ability to go through reads, and accuracy are all more important than arm strength. I’d definitely be OK with Peterman being drafted by the Chiefs, though I think his arm limits his ceiling to an extent (how much is a total unknown. Could be he has JUST enough in the arm to where it doesn’t affect him at all, in which case I’d say he’s got potential to do very well for himself given his other strengths).

6. DeShone Kizer
Overall, DeShone Kizer is a guy who seems to possess some very important QB traits (arm talent, pocket presence, toughness, ability to read defenses pre-snap) but also has some gigantic red flags (accuracy, staring down receivers) that make it impossible to really trust him, at least for me.

7. Mitchell Trubisky
The problem for me when watching Trubisky is I see a lot of the same weaknesses I see in Alex Smith (worse pocket presence than Smith, better deep ball, way worse about staring down first receiver). While the hope could be that he’d be a similar but IMPROVED version, I don’t know if that’s what I saw from him. Instead, I see a guy whose ceiling might be the version of Smith we currently have, just a little better down the field (still not at all consistent) and a little worse going through reads. That’s not ideal in my mind.

8. Davis Webb
Webb is not a prospect I would take in the first round. While his pocket presence and arm talent (I’d peg him as decent in the latter, perhaps a shade above Trubisky) make him a guy that has potential, there are too many things he doesn’t seem to do well to make me think he’ll be more than meh as a professional. If I were plugging him into the rankings of quarterbacks I’ve already viewed, I’d place him at the bottom. He goes below Kizer because I don’t see the ceiling you can see with Kizer’s superior arm talent and athleticism.

9. Brad Kaaya
Kaaya just isn’t a guy that gets me excited, in that he’s not particularly good at any one thing. With a guy like that, it’s hard to imagine him ever being even a decent pro quarterback.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:39 AM 04-27-2017
Im all in for Chad Kelly if we're not going for an early round prospect.

He's the nephew of Jim Kelly FFS!!

Winning is in his DNA!
[Reply]
kccrow 12:07 PM 04-27-2017
I'd have zero problem with KC drafting Kelly on day 3. I think he has some talent. I don't think you can justify spending a day 1 or 2 pick on the kid with all the red flags. I wouldn't.

I probably would say 5th round is where I'd consider pulling the trigger. He'd certainly be a 2nd option type if I'm looking at draft 2 QBs, which the Chiefs may be well off to do given the current stable.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:15 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I'd have zero problem with KC drafting Kelly on day 3. I think he has some talent. I don't think you can justify spending a day 1 or 2 pick on the kid with all the red flags. I wouldn't.

I probably would say 5th round is where I'd consider pulling the trigger. He'd certainly be a 2nd option type if I'm looking at draft 2 QBs, which the Chiefs may be well off to do given the current stable.
People rave about Watson's NC game against 'bama, but Kelly had a better game against them. Sure, it wasn't a NC game, but he shredded that defense.

If Watson gets credit for his game against 'bama, then Kelly should too.
[Reply]
Sfeihc 12:20 PM 04-27-2017
Kelly was my favorite during the CFB season. His ability outweighs the baggage. Grab some studs for the D and scoop Kelly with that comp 3rd. Please don't cry about it being too soon because K. Russell.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:04 PM 04-27-2017
Sports Science loves Kelly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:25 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

Winning is in his DNA!
I would be ok with trading up and taking mahomes in the first and then taking Kelly with a comp 3rd.

Let's get fucking serious about this shit
[Reply]
DRM08 08:44 AM 05-02-2017
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Sports Science loves Kelly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
John Elway took him as Mr. Irrelevant, the very last pick in the draft. Good move by Elway. Kelly's upside is off the charts, but he has a ton of baggage and being picked dead last is a good way to provide some humility for the guy. He could end up the steal of the draft.

Mahomes has similar upside to Kelly, but zero baggage. He's a great kid who never got in any trouble at Tech. High GPA in school and Academic All-American. Just needs to fix some fundamental issues on the field with footwork/decision-making. Andy Reid is a great QB coach and hopefully can help him straighten out those issues.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:21 PM 05-07-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

Winning is in his DNA!

Well...almost winning is in his DNA.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:45 PM 05-07-2017
"In the 2 games I watched" :-)
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 06:37 AM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
"In the 2 games I watched" :-)

[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:34 PM 05-11-2017
This thread needs to be deleted. There's way too many positive things being said about Kelley.He's scum now. well, he was before but now he's Horseface scum.
[Reply]
Up