ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Heres a good game to watch on Watson
Titty Meat 06:43 PM 04-24-2017
https://youtu.be/4klc-1-Brvc

This one has it all. 3:41 is an awful red zone INT and 10:55 is a horrible pass thats picked off.l will say if hes a noodle arm I dont notice it this game. Shows some zip for the td at 7:25. A few plays before he shows some zip while on the run. This guy is the best QB prospecf in the pocket from ive watched. Unlike Alex Smith he can make throws outside the numbers too.

This is the guy I want. Great fit for this offense go ahead and flame me :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:20 AM 04-25-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
One guy has been successful since 08, when they started recording mph, throwing under 55. Tyrod at 54.

Guys don't have to have a howitzer, but there has to be a baseline met of arm strength.
And Dane pegged this 4 months ago when he said that Watson's ceiling was Tyrod. I kinda pinched my chin and nodded a bit when I read that, but didn't give it much more thought than that.

As draft season has continued, it looks positively prescient. He's Tyrod Taylor without the good sense to realize when he shouldn't be throwing it. Doesn't that just kinda make him a taller, less doucherockety Johnny Manziel?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:23 AM 04-25-2017
Originally Posted by Coogs:
maybe he was concentrating on doing the drills correctly, and throwing the ball so the receivers could catch it. Some of the guys who were firing fastballs were missing their receivers by several yards.
:-)

Making excuses already
[Reply]
Coogs 10:26 AM 04-25-2017
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
:-)

Making excuses already
No, not really. Just looking for discussion.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:38 AM 04-25-2017
Originally Posted by Coogs:
No, not really. Just looking for discussion.
If he has to dial a throw down that much to make it accurately, isn't that just as damning as the possibility that he doesn't throw it much harder than that?

I'm not convinced that 49 mph is as hard as he can possibly throw because jesus, most decent HS quarterbacks can throw harder than that.

But I'm worried that in a situation where he knew he was on the radar, that was what he put forward. Why? And if nothing else, doesn't that tell you that he doesn't have the 'easy velocity' that you see from the truly elite guys? For instance, when they're talking about his release on those passes, how much zip is he actually getting on those? If he throws 49 when he dials it down to the .35 seconds, it doesn't do you a ton of good; you give back the gains. And if he's at .60 when he tries to rifle it at 53, you're equally boned.

But someone who just naturally snaps the ball off (i.e. Mahomes) is going to look great in all those drills.

That's why I say that the SS clip just isn't comprehensive enough. What's the respective velocities on their quickest release times. What's the respective release times on their quickest throws? Or deepest throws? We really learned absolutely nothing from that and that's fairly disappointing.

But we still know that on a timed throw, Watson did exceptionally poorly and like it or not, there's a reason there. We may not know what it is, but it cannot possibly be a good thing.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:29 AM 04-25-2017
Surprised me that Kizer got it out in .36 seconds. Dude needs to work on his mechanics though.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up