and slowed down

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:20 PM 07-04-2018
Finally saw this. Fucking awesome.

[Reply]
Stryker 11:17 AM 07-05-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

This. It is on HBO right now. Good flick, awesome ending and plenty of action!
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:38 PM 07-05-2018
I tried to watch a while back on a plane and got bored. I suppose I'll have to try again.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:44 PM 07-05-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
- Kingsmen get their shit blown up
- Kingsmen go to their American counterparts for help
- Statesmen don't like Kingsmen and fight them to measure their dicks
- Kingsmen prove themselves, Statesmen agree to help them hunt down Julianne Moore for blowing up their shit
- Kingsmen find an amnesiac Harry working for the Statesmen

I agree with you, DJ, I'm nervous. But, I'll give Mattew Vaughn the benefit of the doubt. He's earned it.

And how does Julianne Moore get billing ahead of Taron Egerton? Is she sleeping with Matthew Vaughn?
Man, this guy knew what he was talking about.

I liked the movie just fine, but I felt Julianne Moore was terribly miscast in this. Maybe I need to watch it again to make sure.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 04:08 PM 07-05-2018
Man, this guy knew what he was talking about.

I liked the movie just fine, but I felt Julianne Moore was terribly miscast in this. Maybe I need to watch it again to make sure.
I get what you're saying.. but idk who else could pull off the most bubbly drug kingpin / mass murderer role that well.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:24 PM 07-05-2018
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
I get what you're saying.. but idk who else could pull off the most bubbly drug kingpin / mass murderer role that well.
Yeah, true. Maybe she was like Jesse Eisenberg in Batman vs. Superman - really good in a role that should have never been written that way in the first place? I dunno. At least I never get tired of watching her onscreen. :-)
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:20 AM 07-07-2018
Yeah, true. Maybe she was like Jesse Eisenberg in Batman vs. Superman - really good in a role that should have never been written that way in the first place? I dunno. At least I never get tired of watching her onscreen. :-)
Yeah but can you have 'straight' villain in a series like the Kingsman though? Especially since it seems like the point of the movie was (kind of) to point out the hypocrisy of the War on Drugs when harmful substances like booze, tobacco and sugar are still legal.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:27 AM 07-07-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Better

[Reply]
cabletech94 05:49 PM 07-07-2018
this was a great one. i think i liked the original just a smidge better. but all in all, a great popcorn flick.

would watch again. again.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:45 PM 07-07-2018
Matthew Vaughn is an underrated talent.

Kick Ass, X Men First Class, Kingsman series, Stardust, Layer Cake

All really great films.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:20 PM 07-09-2018
Saw it last night on HBO. I enjoyed it. But it got a little too cartoonish for me. There was a good bit of it in the first one, but the ratio of visceral stuff to cartoonish stuff was in line enough. They went way over the top IMO.

That being said, it was still fun. There was some pretty wicked kills, which is always awesome. I laughed pretty hard when the antagonist died. And I could listen to Colin Firth read the phone book and be enthralled. And both the chicks he bangs have rocking bodies if not so classically beautiful faces. Holy shit man.

But yeah, fun flick. Watch it if you can.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up