ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 23
« First < 131920212223
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>****OFFICIAL Walterfootball.com Mock Draft Thread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 10-14-2016
www.walterfootball.com

I'll try and update this periodically throughout the season.

17. Charles Harris, DE/OLB, Missouri

The Chiefs currently aren't getting any pressure on the quarterback. That's obviously because Justin Houston is out, but Dee Ford, starting in his place, has done nothing. Tamba Hali doesn't have much longer remaining as a pro, so the Chiefs will need to find a suitable replacement for him.

49. Anthony Walker, ILB, Northwestern

The Chiefs could spend a second-day selection on an inside linebacker, given that Derrick Johnson is nearing retirement.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:01 AM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I'd be happy with that honestly. He plays like a wideout.
He reminds me a lot of Aaron Hernandez (the player, not the criminal).

We'd presumably be running almost exclusively 2 TE sets at that point. So the problem with Engram becomes one of wasted personnel. You can't run a 3-wide with 2 TEs on the field unless you're using an empty backfield (which defeats the purpose of the 2 TE set as there's no reason to respect a run).

Presuming that Tyreek becomes the primary X this year with Maclin at the Z, you've effectively eliminated Conley as part of the offense. And frankly, physically Engram and Conley are very similar guys. Engram is a little bit thicker but not a ton.

I mean ultimately I kinda wonder what the point would be. Is Engram going to be so much better in a seam kind of role than Conley would be from the slot that he justifies taking Conley off the field? And at the cost of a 1st rounder in an incredibly deep draft?

I dunno....at first blush I kinda like the idea but when combined with the roster we have, it feels a little early be grabbing a pure pass-catching TE.
[Reply]
Dave Lane 10:09 AM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Even if you think that we won't trade up......****ing stay at 27 and draft Kizer.
I'm going to say it I think Davis Webb is going to be the shit. I'd put him ahead of Mahomes who I really like.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:11 AM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Dave Lane:
I'm going to say it I think Davis Webb is going to be the shit. I'd put him ahead of Mahomes who I really like.
If you can protect him, I think you can get a close approximation to Matt Ryan for your troubles.

I'd be completely content with taking him at 27 unless Foster (or Mahomes) were there. If Foster were there, I'd spend my entire time on the clock trying to work a trade up for 28 as well so I could just take them both and go to sleep for the next 2 days.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:34 AM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Unsmooth-Moment:
Kiper has us taking Evan Engram TE/WR... anyone know anything about him? Sounds like he would be a sneaky pick for us if he's there at 27 and QB/RB start to thin out at the top. Him and Kelce would be near impossible to cover in the middle of the field.
Love Engram. I wouldn't put him at TE, I'd put him out there at WR. Kid is big, fast, silky smooth, and has great fucking hands. Dude is going to be a stud.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:43 AM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Love Engram. I wouldn't put him at TE, I'd put him out there at WR. Kid is big, fast, silky smooth, and has great fucking hands. Dude is going to be a stud.
Alex Smith won't throw to Engram. He'd never utilize a weapon like Kelvin Benjamin because he's not going to get open in 2 steps so Smith will have to trust him to use size/length to get the ball.

Smith will absolutely not do that. And if you've taken Engram, you're stuck with Smith for the foreseeable future, are you not?

Like you, I'm intrigued by the player (I'd line him up in-line, personally; with plays that wills use pre-snap motion to move him around), but I just don't think he fits here.
[Reply]
kccrow 11:01 AM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Alex Smith won't throw to Engram. He'd never utilize a weapon like Kelvin Benjamin because he's not going to get open in 2 steps so Smith will have to trust him to use size/length to get the ball.

Smith will absolutely not do that. And if you've taken Engram, you're stuck with Smith for the foreseeable future, are you not?

Like you, I'm intrigued by the player (I'd line him up in-line, personally; with plays that wills use pre-snap motion to move him around), but I just don't think he fits here.
Only thing I care about KC doing is trading up for Mahomes. Anything other than that is a failure in round 1 to me. So, after that, it's kind of whatever to me. If it's Engram, great. I can think of worse options.

I hate Smith and how he holds this team back so much, that I don't know if I'm capable of providing any valuable insight in that regard anymore. That said, I'd have to agree that I very much doubt he'd use Engram in a capacity to further the offense.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:04 AM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Only thing I care about KC doing is trading up for Mahomes. Anything other than that is a failure in round 1 to me. So, after that, it's kind of whatever to me. If it's Engram, great. I can think of worse options.

I hate Smith and how he holds this team back so much, that I don't know if I'm capable of providing any valuable insight in that regard anymore. That said, I'd have to agree that I very much doubt he'd use Engram in a capacity to further the offense.
Prepare to be disappointed. I already am.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:09 AM 04-27-2017
I've talked myself into Davis Webb at 27.

That is the single saddest statement I've ever made on this board.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:11 AM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I've talked myself into Davis Webb at 27.

That is the single saddest statement I've ever made on this board.
I don't even think we'll come out of this with a QB. I'm fully expecting Zach Cunningham at 27.
[Reply]
Frosty 11:20 AM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
I don't even think we'll come out of this with a QB. I'm fully expecting Zach Cunningham at 27.
I'm fully prepared for Jackson at 27 and the Chiefs throwing a day three pick at a QB that won't be on the roster in 2-3 years. It's just the way it is.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:01 PM 04-27-2017
If there's no one left, KC should not bother with wasting a 2nd round pick on Peter-eater or any of the other QB's that would likely go in rounds 3-5 in most other years.

At that point, I'd use my picks to build the other areas of the team and pick up Chad Kelly from the dollar tree after the draft.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 23
« First < 131920212223
Up