ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 11
« First < 7891011
Media Center>Old Man Logan - Hugh Jackman's last Wolverine film?
Hammock Parties 07:46 PM 08-11-2016

[Reply]
Buehler445 02:11 PM 04-26-2017
Originally Posted by frankotank:
two things....

1 - so Logan is getting old because the admantium is for some reason...after what...200 years...it's poisoning his body...it that the deal? am I understanding the reasoning for his decline or did I miss something? seems kinda lame. I wasn't happy with the ending....at all....

2 - I ass-u-me since his daughter has the claws that she also has admantium laced bones all over? if so....so much for that growth spurt you've been hoping for. :-)
1. The atomantium was put in in the 80s IIRC much closer to modern time. He wasn't born with that 200 years ago. My grandma smoked for like 50 years. It's reasonable to think you can live with heavy metal poisoning for 40.

2. They only put the metal on her claws I think. Left the rest out. They figured out it was poisoning him.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 03:31 PM 04-26-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
1. The atomantium was put in in the 80s IIRC much closer to modern time. He wasn't born with that 200 years ago. My grandma smoked for like 50 years. It's reasonable to think you can live with heavy metal poisoning for 40.

2. They only put the metal on her claws I think. Left the rest out. They figured out it was poisoning him.
What was the whole bit about them putting poison in the food that was killing mutants?
[Reply]
cabletech94 04:03 PM 04-26-2017
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
What was the whole bit about them putting poison in the food that was killing mutants?
the corporation or whatever added anti-mutant additives to our food.

essentially making mutants sterile.
[Reply]
beach tribe 06:25 PM 04-26-2017
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
the corporation or whatever added anti-mutant additives to our food.

essentially making mutants sterile.
No.

Remember X3 when they invented that "cure" for mutants.

That's what they put in the food.
[Reply]
beach tribe 06:28 PM 04-26-2017
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
It's a really badass flick.

Has there ever been a character in film history that has suffered as much physical pain as Wolverine? That guy has been on the receiving end of a shit ton of torture and maimings over the years.
Dude has seen every wound imaginable.

Including nuclear burn.
[Reply]
cabletech94 06:39 PM 04-26-2017
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
No.

Remember X3 when they invented that "cure" for mutants.

That's what they put in the food.
Yeah but they kind of ignored x3 in the recent wolvy films. I distinctly remember a line about the corn syrup additive from the scientist.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:28 PM 04-26-2017
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
That corn that was being produced by the factory farms that shut off the guys water put in a gene that suppressed the X gene. That's why there were no more. They didn't want any competition for their test tube mutants.
[Reply]
beach tribe 08:54 PM 04-26-2017
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
Yeah but they kind of ignored x3 in the recent wolvy films. I distinctly remember a line about the corn syrup additive from the scientist.
I had rear somewhere that the idea was from X3, but it was an additive to the HFCS that targeted the X gene.
I would have posted the link but im on my sons Nabi..lol
[Reply]
Bowser 09:58 PM 04-26-2017
Actually, the adamantium has been in his body only for around 50-60 years, but we're not exactly sure how old he is. He's about 225 years old, right? Wasn't he a child during the Civil War? Maybe his healing factor had reached the end of his abilities apart from the metal in his body, who knows?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:22 PM 04-26-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Actually, the adamantium has been in his body only for around 50-60 years, but we're not exactly sure how old he is. He's about 225 years old, right? Wasn't he a child during the Civil War? Maybe his healing factor had reached the end of his abilities apart from the metal in his body, who knows?
In the movie adaptation he fought in it along with Sabretooth
[Reply]
Psyko Tek 11:01 PM 04-26-2017
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
In the movie adaptation he fought in it along with Sabretooth
comics, just going off memory think he was born in the 1870s
[Reply]
Jerm 07:07 PM 05-03-2017
Just got done watching this....fucking incredible movie. One of if not the best "superhero" (doesn't even really apply) movies so far and Marvel's best.

Hugh Jackman has been an amazing Logan/Wolverine...did the character an almighty justice.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:22 AM 05-04-2017
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Just got done watching this....fucking incredible movie. One of if not the best "superhero" (doesn't even really apply) movies so far and Marvel's best.

Hugh Jackman has been an amazing Logan/Wolverine...did the character an almighty justice.
This. Just a fucking great movie all around.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:58 AM 05-04-2017
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Just got done watching this....****ing incredible movie. One of if not the best "superhero" (doesn't even really apply) movies so far and Marvel's best.

Yup. First Blu-Ray movie I've purchased in years. Can't wait for it to release!
[Reply]
Page 11 of 11
« First < 7891011
Up