ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 11
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Melvin Gordon Wants a New Contract or Out of the Chargers
saphojunkie 10:07 AM 07-13-2019
Reid will get production out of any running back. He's also likely one of maybe 3 or 4 coaches who could do that. He might be the ONLY one.

If you're another team, you do not have that luxury. If you don't have Andy Reid, you need better players. No, Reid doesn't need Saquon Barkley. He doesn't "need" Tyreek Hill. But look what happens when you have Hill and Hunt? Why the hell wouldn't you want that?

Saying that you just would never take a RB at 2nd overall is just limited thinking. Taking Fisher over Barkley is fucking ridiculous.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:07 AM 07-13-2019
When you get wrapped up too much into positional value, sometimes you end up making buttfucking stupid decisions like drafting a Kolton Miller or a Vita Vea over Derwin James.
[Reply]
O.city 10:14 AM 07-13-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
When you get wrapped up too much into positional value, sometimes you end up making butt****ing stupid decisions like drafting a Kolton Miller or a Vita Vea over Derwin James.
Running back is for sure the only spot I’d argue about

Those other ones are dumb, especially Vea. Never really understood what he was supposed to be projection wise? A nt?

Atleast with Miller you hope he could be a good tackle but it’s Jon Gruden thinking so who knows
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:23 AM 07-13-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Running back is for sure the only spot I’d argue about

Those other ones are dumb, especially Vea. Never really understood what he was supposed to be projection wise? A nt?

Atleast with Miller you hope he could be a good tackle but it’s Jon Gruden thinking so who knows
Idiotic. One coach used a first rounder on a RB a year ago and won the Super Bowl largely because of that RB.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:26 AM 07-13-2019
Idiotic. One coach used a first rounder on a RB a year ago and won the Super Bowl largely because of that RB.
That’s where I really disagree with some of these guys.

No RB in the top 5 as a general rule? Fine. I won’t say I’d never do it, but I probably wouldn’t. Even if the Giants didn’t take Darnold, Chubb would’ve been a better option.

But I see absolutely nothing wrong with taking a RB late in the 1st.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:31 AM 07-13-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:

No RB in the top 5 as a general rule? Fine. I won’t say I’d never do it, but I probably wouldn’t. Even if the Giants didn’t take Darnold, Chubb would’ve been a better option.

Taking anyone but Sam Darnold was the wrong move for the Giants. Hands down.

They were stupid enough to think they could build around Eli Manning and win. :-)

Originally Posted by O.city:
And the team before picked one up mid season for a late round pick
I guess you feel that you've got a point here when you really don't.
[Reply]
O.city 10:32 AM 07-13-2019

Atleast in the late first you aren’t having to pay them that much so that’s one benefit

I still wouldnt just because of the five years of cheap labor I could get from another position

Like the Chris Jones situation we’d have been better off taking him instead of trading back
[Reply]
O.city 10:31 AM 07-13-2019
And the team before picked one up mid season for a late round pick
[Reply]
O.city 10:44 AM 07-13-2019
You guys are probably right and I would amend my take on possibly taking a rb in the late first

It’s not ideally what I’d do but you could have a situation where a great talent falls to you there

No way I’d do it early
[Reply]
Redbled 10:53 AM 07-13-2019
https://apexfantasyleagues.com/2019/...-2019-update/#

The Chiefs have gotten and will continue to get more long term value from Fisher who is not a great player than the Giants will from Barkley. Fisher is 28 now and can still play a lot more years. RBs are rarely still effective at 28. A RB in the top half of the 1st round makes little sense.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:56 PM 07-13-2019
Originally Posted by Redbled:
https://apexfantasyleagues.com/2019/...-2019-update/#

The Chiefs have gotten and will continue to get more long term value from Fisher who is not a great player than the Giants will from Barkley. Fisher is 28 now and can still play a lot more years. RBs are rarely still effective at 28. A RB in the top half of the 1st round makes little sense.
Fisher had a horrible rookie year and got a holding call against an old James Harrison that cost us the Steelers playoff game. How have the Chiefs gotten more 'long term value' out of Eric Fisher when Saquon has only played one season? Unlike Fisher, Saquon had a great rookie year.

Such homers on here w the Eric Fisher over Saquon crap.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:53 AM 07-13-2019
A lot of this basically stems from the drought of elite caliber backs since 2000 and it has been twisted into "they have no value"

The Fisher over Barkley thing is pretty funny though. I'm sure the Cardinals still love that they took Levi Brown over Adrian Peterson.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:00 AM 07-13-2019
A lot of this basically stems from the drought of elite caliber backs since 2000 and it has been twisted into "they have no value"

The Fisher over Barkley thing is pretty funny though. I'm sure the Cardinals still love that they took Levi Brown over Adrian Peterson.
Barkley wouldn’t even be on the team at this point, and if he was he’d probably be breaking down and overpaid.

Of course all things even you take a Barkley over a Fisher, but I’d rather have Fisher right now than a overpaid aging RB. That’s the point.
[Reply]
Redbled 11:18 AM 07-13-2019
Barkley wouldn’t even be on the team at this point, and if he was he’d probably be breaking down and overpaid.

Of course all things even you take a Barkley over a Fisher, but I’d rather have Fisher right now than a overpaid aging RB. That’s the point.

Yes

When the Giants are ready to consistently compete Barkley will not be effective. Bad use of a pick.
[Reply]
raidersnumber1 10:55 AM 07-13-2019
chargers are falling apart/Rivers is old as dirt
Chiefs/Mahomes are in for an unprecedented regression.
donks lol

Damn the entire division is shitting the bed. It's like handing the division title to Da Raiders on a silver platter. Love you too AFC West.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 11
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up