ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>Buh buh TOUGH PHYSICAL 49ERS buh buh
RealSNR 06:53 PM 01-26-2020
I'm a derptastic anal-cyst on TV! Buh buh buh PHYSICAL PHYSICAL PHYSICAL PHYSICAL PHYSICAL PHYSICAL buh buh buh buh....
[Reply]
FringeNC 10:07 AM 01-27-2020
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
From PK’s article today. Verdict: we’re good.

“ The challenge of the 49er pass rush. I asked my friends at Pro Football Focus for some statistical help this week on the formidable San Francisco pass-rush, which has nine sacks and 26 hits/significant hurries on the quarterback in two postseason games. Logically, with the Niners front healthy and playing productively, you’d figure it could be the biggest factor in the Super Bowl. Now I’m not so sure.

With a fit front in these playoffs, San Francisco pressured Kirk Cousins, on average, 2.43 seconds after the snap; and, with Aaron Rodgers, 2.58 seconds after the snap. On average, that means San Francisco is pressuring the quarterback about 2.5 seconds after every passing snap. Patrick Mahomes, over the past two years, has a 120.3 rating and 5,248 passing yards when throwing in 2.5 seconds or faster. That’s the best in the NFL since the start of 2018.”
The problem there is it's an average. For instance, the times they got to Cousins sooner than that -- was it significantly faster than the overall average. If so, the 49ers pressure could still be an issue.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:13 AM 01-27-2020
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
The problem there is it's an average. For instance, the times they got to Cousins sooner than that -- was it significantly faster than the overall average. If so, the 49ers pressure could still be an issue.
Both sides will win plays. It won’t be all or nothing in either direction.
[Reply]
Skyy God 10:14 AM 01-27-2020
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Pssst.

The faster than 2.5 part applies to Mahomes as well.
[Reply]
bobbything 10:21 AM 01-27-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
That means you have a good defense. It doesn't make you TOUGH PHYSICAL GRAAAHHHHHHHHH
For some reason I ended up on a Bills message board (just lurking) during the playoffs. It was a fun read throughout. Anyway, there was this guy on there who was convinced that we would get trounced by Tennessee because our defense was "soft" and that our offense wouldn't be able to compete with how physical Tennessee's defense was.

It was obvious he was from an older school and hates the new NFL. He mentioned numerous times during the Texans game that what he was watching "wasn't football." And that a good defense will always stop an offense like ours. People were calling him nuts for saying that Tennessee would win easily and would just demolish Mahomes. He attempted to make several avatar bets with people.

I went back over there about a week ago and he was nowhere to be found. It's difficult for people to comprehend how dynamic this offense is. It's practically unstoppable unless we drop passes. I don't care how "physical" the defense is. If you can't keep up with someone, stride-for-stride, you're going to get beat.

Edit: I just went back onto the Bills board and found the guy. There's a thread on the 2nd page where he's spouting the same stuff about the 49ers that he did about the Titans. Their defense is too good, pass rush is too good, will disrupt WR routes, etc. He is simply not listening to anyone saying, "Yeah...no." He is determined for KC to get shut down by SF's defense. Also said that is basically a foregone conclusion that SF will score 30, so KC can only come up empty on two possessions. Good stuff.
[Reply]
FringeNC 10:21 AM 01-27-2020
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Pssst.

The faster than 2.5 part applies to Mahomes as well.
Yeah, good point. But his analysis is too simplistic -- just based on the averages, it doesn't really tell you much about the pressure rate, knockdown rate, and sack rate. We know it's not going to be 100% nor 0%.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 12:30 PM 01-27-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
You fools REALLY need to lay off the sports media.

There are a few guys I REALLY like and they got a bunch of shit wrong about the Chiefs. The moron ass yokels have no chance at getting any real objective analysis done.
BINGO !!
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:37 PM 01-27-2020
Originally Posted by bobbything:
For some reason I ended up on a Bills message board (just lurking) during the playoffs. It was a fun read throughout. Anyway, there was this guy on there who was convinced that we would get trounced by Tennessee because our defense was "soft" and that our offense wouldn't be able to compete with how physical Tennessee's defense was.

It was obvious he was from an older school and hates the new NFL. He mentioned numerous times during the Texans game that what he was watching "wasn't football." And that a good defense will always stop an offense like ours. People were calling him nuts for saying that Tennessee would win easily and would just demolish Mahomes. He attempted to make several avatar bets with people.

I went back over there about a week ago and he was nowhere to be found. It's difficult for people to comprehend how dynamic this offense is. It's practically unstoppable unless we drop passes. I don't care how "physical" the defense is. If you can't keep up with someone, stride-for-stride, you're going to get beat.

Edit: I just went back onto the Bills board and found the guy. There's a thread on the 2nd page where he's spouting the same stuff about the 49ers that he did about the Titans. Their defense is too good, pass rush is too good, will disrupt WR routes, etc. He is simply not listening to anyone saying, "Yeah...no." He is determined for KC to get shut down by SF's defense. Also said that is basically a foregone conclusion that SF will score 30, so KC can only come up empty on two possessions. Good stuff.

Bills fans are still bitter bitches their team traded away the Babe Ruth of football.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:54 PM 01-27-2020
Every week in the postseason they pick out something to fixate on and over exaggerate that thing. Remember last year before we played the Colts? All we heard about was there powerful dominating impenetrable offensive line and how our defense didnt stand a chance, but our defense absolutely dominated the Colts. Last week it was how Derrick Henry was the best player in the NFL, hell one guy said in a draft he'd take Henry first overall, and would have atleast a mile's worth of rushing yards and any player that tried to tackle him would disintegrate right on the field.

Now we get to hear all about the 49ersand there punishing defense. I heard someone call them a historic defense. That doesn't make much since because they weren't even the best D in the league. I dont understand why these idiots have to over exaggerate things considering this is the SB. They could just tell us facts and itd be impressive enough. The media is filled with a bunch of idiots.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up