ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Buh buh TOUGH PHYSICAL 49ERS buh buh
RealSNR 06:53 PM 01-26-2020
I'm a derptastic anal-cyst on TV! Buh buh buh PHYSICAL PHYSICAL PHYSICAL PHYSICAL PHYSICAL PHYSICAL buh buh buh buh....
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:53 PM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
They're physical...

...except their backs are all speed backs, running behind a line that runs an outside zone system.

...except the strength of their front 7, and their defense in general, lies with their stable of outside speed rushers.

If you look beyond the false "running equals physical" narrative, one could pretty easily argue that we play a more physical style of ball than they do, on both sides of the ball, but particularly on defense. We've completely dominated every team we've faced the last 8 weeks that's tried to physically attack us, and we've completely dominated every team that's tried to run the ball on us over the same period.

We beat them the same way we beat Tennessee. Even if we don't start hot (we really should...), keep the game close early, start to pull away in the second quarter once we've adjusted to whatever they're doing, and turn the game into Mahomes versus Jimmy G.

They need us to make mistakes to win the game. Ugly it up the way the Titans tried to.
Whereas we just need to do what we do. A few 9ers turnovers would be a nice bonus, sure, but we can win without it. They can't. If we play a clean game,.we win.
We may not be able to cover their speed to the edge. That's really the only thing I'm worried about.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:54 PM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
They're physical...

...except their backs are all speed backs, running behind a line that runs an outside zone system.

...except the strength of their front 7, and their defense in general, lies with their stable of outside speed rushers.

If you look beyond the false "running equals physical" narrative, one could pretty easily argue that we play a more physical style of ball than they do, on both sides of the ball, but particularly on defense. We've completely dominated every team we've faced the last 8 weeks that's tried to physically attack us, and we've completely dominated every team that's tried to run the ball on us over the same period.

We beat them the same way we beat Tennessee. Even if we don't start hot (we really should...), keep the game close early, start to pull away in the second quarter once we've adjusted to whatever they're doing, and turn the game into Mahomes versus Jimmy G.

They need us to make mistakes to win the game. Ugly it up the way the Titans tried to.
Whereas we just need to do what we do. A few 9ers turnovers would be a nice bonus, sure, but we can win without it. They can't. If we play a clean game,.we win.
Exactly. They run the Gibbs zone scheme just like Shanny’s dad did. Everybody said the Titans would smack the Chiefs in the mouth and the 49ers run game isn’t even remotely as physical as the Titans.
[Reply]
Chiefaholic 09:58 PM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by Deebo19:
You’re out of you mind
Just like the movie Friday...Deebo "got knocked the f out!". Just rtemember that Superbowl Sunday.
[Reply]
old_geezer 10:12 PM 01-26-2020
We just curb stomped a "physical" team to get into the Super Bowl. I ain't afraid of anybody "out-toughing" this team. Come on San Fran, "Bring out your dead". :-)
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:28 PM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by old_geezer:
We just curb stomped a "physical" team to get into the Super Bowl.
Titans went into Baltimore (14-2)...and beat them down. This same Ravens team beat the 49ers in week 13.

All KC heard was how dominant/aggressive/physical Tennessee is...for a week straight.

Same shit now...if I were to follow how this actually played out in the real world..Titans>Ravens>49ers.

When the Chiefs/Reid played Denver's historic pass rush (Ware/Miller)...they smoked them to the outside. That's what speed can do...
[Reply]
carcosa 10:33 PM 01-26-2020
We're gonna beat the shit out of them!!!
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:35 PM 01-26-2020
Lots of fans of teams with sub par QBs praying 49ers win. They hate the forward pass.
[Reply]
TEX 10:49 PM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
We may not be able to cover their speed to the edge. That's really the only thing I'm worried about.
My concern as well..They jave a much different running attack than Tenn.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:53 PM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by TEX:
They contained Lamar Jackson’s outside runs early this n the season when the defense was still playing like crap. Clark is healthy and they have Suggs. The OLB’s have improved as the season went on. If they stay disciplined, it won’t be a huge issue. Denver runs some of the same zone concepts and they did fine. Now if they should incorporate those speed backs into the passing game, that could be an issue.
[Reply]
eDave 11:09 PM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They contained Lamar Jackson’s outside runs early this n the season when the defense was still playing like crap. Clark is healthy and they have Suggs. The OLB’s have improved as the season went on. If they stay disciplined, it won’t be a huge issue. Denver runs some of the same zone concepts and they did fine. Now if they should incorporate those speed backs into the passing game, that could be an issue.
Defending the run game is a tricky bitch.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:13 PM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Defending the run game is a tricky bitch.
Primarily because these guys want to make splash plays. Defending the run is all about sticking to the plan and doing your job. I have a lot of confidence that they get it. Chris Jones went from being a liability early in the season to the disruption we saw against the Titans because he finally decided to trust Spags instead of relying solely on his physical gifts.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 11:17 PM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by TEX:
It's the same damned thing his father ran in Denver. There is a shitload of film on that zone run crap. The fact that teams still can't seem to figure it out is mind bottling [sic].
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:21 PM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
The mushrooms were supposed to be ate up after the sb
In.
[Reply]
eDave 11:25 PM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
In.
Want me to send you some? Fresh harvest.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:34 PM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Want me to send you some? Fresh harvest.
PM me brah
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up