ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Buh buh TOUGH PHYSICAL 49ERS buh buh
RealSNR 06:53 PM 01-26-2020
I'm a derptastic anal-cyst on TV! Buh buh buh PHYSICAL PHYSICAL PHYSICAL PHYSICAL PHYSICAL PHYSICAL buh buh buh buh....
[Reply]
eDave 08:03 PM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Their D brings the heat after the QB while the secondary sits back in a zone. I have never heard anyone call that secondary being overly physical.
All I know is that when he rolls out, I throw my arms up because something great is coming. I've called a lot of TD's out when he's rolled out away from shit.

Make Pat beat you and he will.
[Reply]
All22 08:16 PM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
They acquired Jimmy G after the 2017 Draft. I think the Niners would be unbeatable if they drafted Mahomes. They have a great roster on both sides of the ball. You can lump in the Niners right next to the Browns, Bears, Bills, Bengals, Jaguars and others who look like complete idiots for passing on Mahomes.

Chargers might be the worst one of all. He ended up in their division and now they are stuck trying to "move on" from old ass Rivers. They could have had Mahomes instead of having to start over from scratch, but now they have to try to beat Mahomes every year in the division. Good luck to them! Haha
Had we gotten Mahomes we wouldn't have gotten Bosa but we'd have more cap space for the next couple years. Once Mahomes resets the QB market the Chiefs could struggle to put enough talent around him to win Superbowls. That's pretty much what happened with Rodgers, Brees, and Wilson.

Drafting between 25-31 every year sucks... Ask the Seahawks and Packers. While the great offense can be created through scheming, the great defense is largely talent so eventually you end up with a great offensive team with a horrific defense as GB, NO, and a lot of top QBs have had over the years.
[Reply]
Chieftain 08:20 PM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by Deebo19:
You’re out of you mind
Am I?

The Chargers have by far a superior secondary with James, Adderley, Hayward, King. That's why Pat's numbers were down against them because they are loaded with stars in their secondary. But this won't be the case against a sub-average Niners secondary.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:21 PM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by All22:
Had we gotten Mahomes we wouldn't have gotten Bosa but we'd have more cap space for the next couple years. Once Mahomes resets the QB market the Chiefs could struggle to put enough talent around him to win Superbowls. That's pretty much what happened with Rodgers, Brees, and Wilson.

Drafting between 25-31 every year sucks... Ask the Seahawks and Packers. While the great offense can be created through scheming, the great defense is largely talent so eventually you end up with a great offensive team with a horrific defense as GB, NO, and a lot of top QBs have had over the years.
Chiefs had one of the worst defenses ever last season and they were inches from a Super Bowl. They had the Patriots beat, even with a shitty defense. Your boy Dee Ford completely screwed Mahomes and the rest of the Chiefs team.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:21 PM 01-26-2020
What does it mean to be more physical? Will their scat backs truck our defenders? Will the lineman block harder or tackle harder? I never understood that whole “more physical team” concept.
[Reply]
Chieftain 08:27 PM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Chief fans know better, we have been in the 49er shoes many times before. Great defense with a game manager QB. Always get beat by the team with the franchise QB.
THIS!:-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:29 PM 01-26-2020
Drafting between 25-31 every year sucks... Ask the Seahawks and Packers.
I'm not gonna do that because the Chiefs have basically had that draft slot since the 2016 draft. We know just as much about drafting in that spot as they do, if not more.

And somehow we built a complete Super Bowl team out of drafting in that slot for the past many years. The number of players on this team that we've drafted with 1st round picks higher than the 21st slot basically amounts to.... Eric Fisher. That's about fucking it. Mahomes was acquired by combining draft picks to trade up from our low draft slot-- a strategy that any team can use. And guys like Sammy Watkins, drafted with a top 10 pick, were free agent signings.

GG. Get wrecked, kid.
[Reply]
rydogg58 08:32 PM 01-26-2020

I'm trying to figure out what that means? Are you saying you would prefer Bosa over Mahomes?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by tredadda:
What does it mean to be more physical? Will their scat backs truck our defenders? Will the lineman block harder or tackle harder? I never understood that whole “more physical team” concept.
The 49ers are practicing without sleeves this week bud.
[Reply]
Frosty 08:36 PM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The 49ers are practicing without sleeves this week bud.
But did they shave their beards?
[Reply]
Chieftain 08:42 PM 01-26-2020
All our star players outside Mahomes were picked in later rounds.

Kelce - 3rd round
Jones - 2nd round
Hill - 5th round
Thornhill - 2nd round

Hunt was a 3rd rounder.

We got Buttkicker, who is arguably the 2nd best kicker in the league from the Panthers practice squad. Our starting corner Ward was traded from the Cowboys for a scrub offensive lineman who is out of the league.

We have Brett Veach, the best GM in the league. That's why there is no worry whatsoever that we get to pick at the bottom of the barrel.
[Reply]
TLO 08:50 PM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I'm not gonna do that because the Chiefs have basically had that draft slot since the 2016 draft. We know just as much about drafting in that spot as they do, if not more.

And somehow we built a complete Super Bowl team out of drafting in that slot for the past many years. The number of players on this team that we've drafted with 1st round picks higher than the 21st slot basically amounts to.... Eric Fisher. That's about ****ing it. Mahomes was acquired by combining draft picks to trade up from our low draft slot-- a strategy that any team can use. And guys like Sammy Watkins, drafted with a top 10 pick, were free agent signings.

GG. Get wrecked, kid.

[Reply]
trndobrd 09:30 PM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by tredadda:
This.

[Reply]
keg in kc 09:44 PM 01-26-2020
They're physical...

...except their backs are all speed backs, running behind a line that runs an outside zone system.

...except the strength of their front 7, and their defense in general, lies with their stable of outside speed rushers.

If you look beyond the false "running equals physical" narrative, one could pretty easily argue that we play a more physical style of ball than they do, on both sides of the ball, but particularly on defense. We've completely dominated every team we've faced the last 8 weeks that's tried to physically attack us, and we've completely dominated every team that's tried to run the ball on us over the same period.

We beat them the same way we beat Tennessee. Even if we don't start hot (we really should...), keep the game close early, start to pull away in the second quarter once we've adjusted to whatever they're doing, and turn the game into Mahomes versus Jimmy G.

They need us to make mistakes to win the game. Ugly it up the way the Titans tried to.
Whereas we just need to do what we do. A few 9ers turnovers would be a nice bonus, sure, but we can win without it. They can't. If we play a clean game,.we win.
[Reply]
Chieftain 09:50 PM 01-26-2020
I really believe it will be a carbon copy of the Titans win, at least in the later stages of the game. We may or may not start out sluggish but the Offense will take over the game in the second quarter and The Defense will shut down their offensive attack in the second half. This has been pretty much the formula for every opponent we have faced these past 2 1/2 months. The Niners will fall into the same trap. They will be very surprised to realize how difficult it is to try and score against our D in the second half.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up