ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>To the out of town fans like me.
Chiefs4TheWin 09:16 PM 01-19-2020
To all of us out of towners, props to us! We have to listen to all the BS that locals never have to. For some reason we picked the Chiefs.

I got no less than 60 texts today congratulating me. It sucked that when the Chiefs screwed up I was who people thought of.

Now that we are going to the SB. I have gotten nothing but congratulations from everyone who associates myself with The Kansas City Chiefs.

To all of us out of towners who had to deal with the constant pain after every embarrassing failure, and for some reason picked this team. A salute to you!

We did it my bretheren! Win or lose we are in the dance! Woo!
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 01:05 AM 01-20-2020
I grew up in the philadelphia area being a chiefs fan and now im living in southern ca where there's a hodgepodge of fans of different teams. I haven't met many fellow chiefs fans over the years. All of my friends who are fans of different teams are rooting for the chiefs to win it this year. One of these days im going to get out to arrowhead for a game with my fellow fans, but in the meantime, let's win this fucking thing.
[Reply]
Chiefs4TheWin 01:12 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by Lilmrp117:
I grew up in the philadelphia area being a chiefs fan and now im living in southern ca where there's a hodgepodge of fans of different teams. I haven't met many fellow chiefs fans over the years. All of my friends who are fans of different teams are rooting for the chiefs to win it this year. One of these days im going to get out to arrowhead for a game with my fellow fans, but in the meantime, let's win this ****ing thing.
We should all organize it. We deserve to go.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 01:23 AM 01-20-2020
SAME.

it was SO good to not get the same amount of same old texts that all say the same thing "Sorry about the Chiefs."
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:32 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
My phone and FB is crazy. Everyone knows I am a Chiefs fan. My truck is very well known here. It has been a great day.

Just took Feb 3 off.
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Likewise, my phone blew up.
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
Hard time remembering who half the fuckers were sending me texts.
Yep, everyone I know has been texting and messaging at an insane rate
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 01:38 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefs4TheWin:
To all of us out of towners, props to us! We have to listen to all the BS that locals never have to. For some reason we picked the Chiefs.

I got no less than 60 texts today congratulating me. It sucked that when the Chiefs screwed up I was who people thought of.

Now that we are going to the SB. I have gotten nothing but congratulations from everyone who associates myself with The Kansas City Chiefs.

To all of us out of towners who had to deal with the constant pain after every embarrassing failure, and for some reason picked this team. A salute to you!

We did it my bretheren! Win or lose we are in the dance! Woo!
I used to live in the Altoona area and have immediate family in Ashville that I visit every couple years.

I never knew other Chiefs fans existed in that area.

I got a ton of well-wishers and congratulations after the game. Apparently, I was the only Chiefs fan they knew.
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 01:40 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefs4TheWin:
We should all organize it. We deserve to go.
I got my wife on board for a trip but we now we have a 1 month old baby so it might be year or two before i can make it out. My 7 year old son is a huge fan now too so i might have to take him. Im usually yelling at the tv all crazy and i was all calm today and my wife was saying that something is wrong bc i was too calm, but it's starting to hit me. I know a lot of you have been waiting way longer but I've been waiting 27 years for this and it feels longer when you're the only chiefs fan you know. It really makes me wish I could be there now. When i do finally get there for a game, ill be sure to meet up with as many as you crazy people as i can. I know im kind of new here but after lurking for the last 8-9 years, i feel like i know a lot of you. It's gonna be a long 2 weeks.
[Reply]
Chiefs4TheWin 03:04 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by MMXcalibur:
I used to live in the Altoona area and have immediate family in Ashville that I visit every couple years.

I never knew other Chiefs fans existed in that area.

I got a ton of well-wishers and congratulations after the game. Apparently, I was the only Chiefs fan they knew.
I remember you mentioning to me before you were once in toon town. There's a few of us Chiefs fans here but it's literally a handful. Glad ya got out of the area. I'm in the back roads of HBurgh so it's not that bad living in the middle of nowhere. Next time your around lemme know I'll grab ya a beer.
[Reply]
Pushead2 04:57 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Yup, I got so many texts and messages today. Chiefs fans are like unicorns in NYC!

We did it!
As a fellow NYC fan, I can attest to this statement!
[Reply]
The Iron Chief 05:07 AM 01-20-2020
Same here.
My text were insane.
I could barely reply.
People that I haven't seen in yrs as well as those I see daily.
Everyone excited for me and our Chiefs.

It's true it's not easy being an out of towner thru the yrs
Nobody to share a sad loss with
I'd just hear...
Oh yeah right sorry about your Chiefs...occasionally.

My wife and boys were like wtf as my phone literally would have 10 new texts at a time

After the game I had to go back to make sure I replied to each
[Reply]
DTVietnam 05:13 AM 01-20-2020
My first Chiefs game in New York:

Tailgating in NY is not nearly as fun as in KC

[Reply]
Spott 05:35 AM 01-20-2020
I am going to be insufferable at work for a while. Best victory Monday ever (so far).
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:36 AM 01-20-2020
Yep, my phone wouldn’t shut up either... got real old real quick
[Reply]
njchiefs 05:44 AM 01-20-2020
Chiefs fanatic from the armpit of the nation, with a son who is a Broncos fan. We have been to both Arrowhead and Mile High to watch Chiefs Donkeys games. There is nothing better than this!
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 06:54 AM 01-20-2020
Yeah..

Being in SF I am going to have to hear a whole lot of smack talk for 2 weeks. Already I'm getting texts and phone calls from mostly bandwagon fans. The real SF fans have been pretty humble and know that the chiefs just broke a 50 year drought...and I have gotten some nice texts from some of them....

I was at a bar watching the game yesterday and there were actually 2 dudes from missouri in there , KC fans...I bought them a round when mahomes scored the running TD...(glennfiddich)

I still get shit when I wear chiefs stuff about "hey were you a montana fan???" Like I should explain that my entire family is from the KC area.. and I have been a fan longer than they have been alive..

Anyhoo..

Yeah... out of towner here..beem reppin chiefs in SF area throughout all these years....watching SF get titles....so I think its our turn boys
[Reply]
threebag 07:00 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut:
Yeah baby! All those years hearing go cowboys in texas. It worth it to see this team in the superbowl! Fuck yeah!
Fuck yeah!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up