ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How does our Defense personnel adjust to stop Henry?
chiefzilla1501 02:09 PM 01-14-2020
What adjustments do we make to stop Henry? Even with a healthy Chris jones, we would want a heavier dose of Saunders, Pennel, and suggs anyway, right? Probably see Ragland in on a lot more snaps?
[Reply]
DaFace 04:37 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
One thing I noticed was how Henry carries the ball. Send 2 guys on him and just lock onto the arm carrying the ball. Try to pop it out while stomping on his calf.

If you can't tackle him, strip him.
It's a worthy goal, but he also has monstrous arms. I'm sure that prying the ball loose from him is easier said than done.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:40 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's a worthy goal, but he also has monstrous arms. I'm sure that prying the ball loose from him is easier said than done.
Fumbled 5 times this year.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 04:41 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
D has to win their one-on-one battles. That's all there is to it.
How fucking insightful. Is there ever a game where that isn't the goal?
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 04:51 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Need to bracket AJ Brown. Do the best you can to nullify him.
I agree with this. stopping henry is first priority, but if we can do that plus take aj brown out of the game, then i think tannehill is not good enough and the rest of titans weapons not good enough for their O to thrive.
[Reply]
ILChief 04:57 PM 01-14-2020
If we win the coin toss we should take the ball. Try to jump on them early and force them to pass
[Reply]
Wilson8 05:05 PM 01-14-2020
I agree with others that you aren't going to stop the run but just slow it down some and KC offense scores more points than the Titans.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 05:11 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
How ****ing insightful. Is there ever a game where that isn't the goal?
That's exactly my point you dumb ****... This isn't complicated. If you want to stop the run you gotta win one-on-one battles. You can stack the box sure but lets not going to work for long.. Titans will just hit you with PA passes.

Chiefs gotta grind it out on D and not let the Titans bully them around. That's how you stop Henry and the Titans oline.
[Reply]
ljmhawk 05:14 PM 01-14-2020
make him go east/west and hit him LOW. you aren’t tackling him up high....low low low
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:28 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Fumbled 5 times this year.
I can't believe he hasn't been benched.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:35 PM 01-14-2020
I’m just curious why he picked year 4 to bust out?

He’s always been good, but inconsistent a lot too.

I guess it took a few years for Marshawn Lynch to breakout too.
[Reply]
SupDock 05:40 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by ILChief:
If we win the coin toss we should take the ball. Try to jump on them early and force them to pass
I don't know

Arrowhead will be rocking, the D will be amped up. A quick stop will be huge as well
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:46 PM 01-14-2020
You're looking at this the wrong way. What Derrick Henry does really doesn't matter.

We're the team that needs to be stopped....

So the question is two-fold: how do they hold us under 40 points (answer: they probably don't) and how do they keep up with us if they can't.

We're not the Patriots, who did nothing on offense the entire season. And we're not the Ravens, with a run-oriented scheme that fell apart whenever they got behind.

We didn't lose the first game because Henry ran for 180 yards. We lost because of a special teams mistake and a fluke fumble return. We beat ourselves, much like the first quarter Sunday.

That's not to say we can't or won't stop Henry, but it ultimately doesn't matter as much as simply playing with focus in all three phases and eliminating mistakes. At the end of the day he could go for 200 yards and they could hold the ball for 40 minutes and we could still blow them out.

What they saw us do Sunday had to terrify them, whether they acknowledge it consciously or not.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:50 PM 01-14-2020
Load the box at times but don’t be too focused between the tackles, he may not run a 4.4 but is fast enough to get to the edge... they love to give him pitchouts to get him in space against smaller guys

And as others have said, when our guys get there go low, low, low... snap his fucking shins in half
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:51 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
You're looking at this the wrong way. What Derrick Henry does really doesn't matter.

So the question is two-fold: how do they hold us under 40 points (answer: they probably don't) and how do they keep up with us if they can't.

We're not the Patriots, who did nothing on offense the entire season. And we're not the Ravens, with a run-oriented scheme that fell apart whenever they got behind.

We didn't lose the first game because Henry ran for 180 yards. We lost because of a special teams mistake and a fluke fumble return. We beat ourselves, much like the first quarter Sunday.

That's not to say we can't or won't stop Henry, but it ultimately doesn't matter as much as simply playing with focus in all three phases and eliminating mistakes. At the end of the day he could go for 200 yards and they could hold the ball for 40 minutes and we could still blow them out.

What they saw us do Sunday had to terrify them, whether they acknowledge it consciously or not.
Fucking this.

You beat the Titans by going up big early. Don’t fuck yourself over with mistakes and you’ll be good.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 05:53 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:

Good point but if Henry is having a lot of success Titans will look to use that clock and limit our offenses opportunities to score. We're going to have to stop him at least a little.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up