ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Sam Mellinger on Chris Jones/"Basketball-Gate"
FloridaMan88 11:15 AM 01-14-2020
From Sam Mellinger's column in today's KC Star:

Originally Posted by :
First, Chris Jones did not injure himself playing basketball. A source I’ve known for years and who has never lied to me (and, in fact, who has corrected others who’ve lied to me) offered an emphatic denial of the Internet rumor. Jones’ calf was hurt during Thursday’s practice. It’s awful luck, and worse timing.

Second, yes, absolutely, that basketball hoop needs to go. This has nothing to do with Jones. I’ve thought this all season. I’m all for guys being able to blow off steam, and there’s some genuine team building that can happen around that hoop. But the games have slowly moved from shooting around to H-O-R-S-E to friendly one-on-one to heated two-on-two.

Once, earlier in the season, Marcus Kemp went flying into a wall. On another day, a tile fell from the ceiling, crashing to the ground directly in front of Mecole Hardman’s locker.

Give them a ping pong table. Or pool. Corn hole. Pop-a-shot. Whatever.

But this hoop has been a bad idea for a long time.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:45 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Sounds like complete horseshit.
Had no reason to doubt this guy. Didn't seem full of shit.

If NDAs were signed, official media will never get the story.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:46 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Clay and I met someone at the game who claimed to have some relation to someone who worked with equipment (I'm not going further into detail there deliberately). That person said he absolutely hurt it playing basketball and everyone was basically forced to sign NDAs afterward. Also mentioned Watkins hurt himself earlier in the year doing the same thing.

Can't speak to this person's credibility, but it was an awfully creative lie if it's not true.
What the Chiefs do with Jones in the offseason will probably tell us something.
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:48 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Sounds like complete horseshit.
I think you're giving it too much credence.
[Reply]
O.city 11:54 AM 01-14-2020
I don't know that the players union would be up for the NDA thing.

The legality of it is weird.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:56 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Had no reason to doubt this guy. Didn't seem full of shit.

If NDAs were signed, official media will never get the story.
So everyone signed NDAs but this one dude is blabbing it to anyone and everyone at Arrowhead during the game? Sure thing.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:56 AM 01-14-2020
Yeah, that seems like someone having a bit of "fun" trying to rile other fans up.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:59 AM 01-14-2020
I didn't want to believe it either, but did you guys see Andy Reid's reaction when asked about it? That was absolutely abnormal.
[Reply]
stevieray 12:01 PM 01-14-2020
I didn't want to believe it either, but did you guys see Andy Reid's reaction when asked about it? That was absolutely abnormal.
????
[Reply]
stonedstooge 12:01 PM 01-14-2020
Bring in Kellen Winslow Jr. for a discussion on how to properly make use of locker room spare time
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:06 PM 01-14-2020
And his reaction legitimately could be him getting pissed off that the
media was basically trying to insinuate something by asking him what specific play he got hurt on. They were being morons about it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:07 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yeah, that seems like someone having a bit of "fun" trying to rile other fans up.
he was very matter of fact about it

seemed legit to me, older guy
[Reply]
Eleazar 12:10 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I don't know that the players union would be up for the NDA thing.

The legality of it is weird.
Right... a guy falls down in a locker room and then a team of lawyers hands out NDAs? The Chiefs going to sue one of their players if they talk about it? :-)

BuT sOmE dRuNk dUde aT aRrOwHead SaiD iT wAs tRue
[Reply]
Eleazar 12:11 PM 01-14-2020
Because people were spreading BS a few days before a playoff game that caused people to question how he's running his locker room and create a distraction? I'm sure he was angry.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 12:12 PM 01-14-2020
Here we go with one of Clay's inside sources.

Can it be Kickoff please?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:13 PM 01-14-2020
I mean, I guess he could've meant NDAs to all the staff that saw it. Still skeptical.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up