ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Sam Mellinger on Chris Jones/"Basketball-Gate"
FloridaMan88 11:15 AM 01-14-2020
From Sam Mellinger's column in today's KC Star:

Originally Posted by :
First, Chris Jones did not injure himself playing basketball. A source I’ve known for years and who has never lied to me (and, in fact, who has corrected others who’ve lied to me) offered an emphatic denial of the Internet rumor. Jones’ calf was hurt during Thursday’s practice. It’s awful luck, and worse timing.

Second, yes, absolutely, that basketball hoop needs to go. This has nothing to do with Jones. I’ve thought this all season. I’m all for guys being able to blow off steam, and there’s some genuine team building that can happen around that hoop. But the games have slowly moved from shooting around to H-O-R-S-E to friendly one-on-one to heated two-on-two.

Once, earlier in the season, Marcus Kemp went flying into a wall. On another day, a tile fell from the ceiling, crashing to the ground directly in front of Mecole Hardman’s locker.

Give them a ping pong table. Or pool. Corn hole. Pop-a-shot. Whatever.

But this hoop has been a bad idea for a long time.

[Reply]
Mecca 11:17 AM 01-14-2020
Does this mean Marcus Kemps knee is feeling pretty good?
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:18 AM 01-14-2020
Romo said he hurt his calf on the second to last play of practice.
[Reply]
stevieray 11:20 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Romo said he hurt his calf on the second to last play of practice.
ugh.

Once before a game I asked coach to throw just "one more pass" and jammed my thumb.

I was the RB, PR and CB.

I was so pissed.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:22 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
ugh.

Once before a game I asked coach to throw just "one more pass" and jammed my thumb.

I was the RB, PR and CB.

I was so pissed.
Just proves that injuries are a fluke fucking thing.
[Reply]
Kman34 11:22 AM 01-14-2020
Any game where ultra competitive guys are together is a chance to get hurt... unless it’s bags,, checkers, ping pong, cards.. games like that..
[Reply]
stevieray 11:24 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Just proves that injuries are a fluke ****ing thing.
Yup. Amazing we are even here considering the injuries.

It's what Championship teams do.

Damn it feels good to say that.
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:26 AM 01-14-2020
Hoop has to go. Same deal as why the scooters had to go from training camp after Percy Snow destroyed his ankle.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:27 AM 01-14-2020
Competitive corn hole in the locker room sounds interesting.
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:30 AM 01-14-2020
Everyone in the know denied it, it was literally only Petro who implied that it was during basketball. And he didn't even SAY that, just "I saw him go down, and then he was on the injury report, draw your own conclusions" [sic]. But people took some misremembered version of an 810 radio host's word as gospel over and above refutations from everyone else at all levels.

I hope everyone who was questioning Jones' heart and commitment when he was inactive on Sunday will reserve judgement about someone who doesn't deserve to have those things questioned.
[Reply]
O.city 11:38 AM 01-14-2020
Let them circle jerk in the locker room or something. Shit we'll all chip in for some lube and tube socks.

Just get rid of the basketball goal.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:38 AM 01-14-2020
Clay and I met someone at the game who claimed to have some relation to someone who worked with equipment (I'm not going further into detail there deliberately). That person said he absolutely hurt it playing basketball and everyone was basically forced to sign NDAs afterward. Also mentioned Watkins hurt himself earlier in the year doing the same thing.

Can't speak to this person's credibility, but it was an awfully creative lie if it's not true.
[Reply]
UK_Chief 11:39 AM 01-14-2020
Interesting but in the interviews I’ve seen with Reid I’ve got the feeling he isn’t happy with Jones so not sure what to make of it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:42 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Clay and I met someone at the game who claimed to have some relation to someone who worked with equipment (I'm not going further into detail there deliberately). That person said he absolutely hurt it playing basketball and everyone was basically forced to sign NDAs afterward. Also mentioned Watkins hurt himself earlier in the year doing the same thing.

Can't speak to this person's credibility, but it was an awfully creative lie if it's not true.
Sounds like complete horseshit.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:44 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by UK_Chief:
Interesting but in the interviews I’ve seen with Reid I’ve got the feeling he isn’t happy with Jones so not sure what to make of it.
Body language never lies. Go with your gut.:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up