ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 14
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sammy Watkins
DenverChief 06:47 AM 01-14-2020
In all the celebration about Mahomes/Kelce let’s not forget about Watkins “quiet” contributions on Sunday. A 48 yard catch and run in the first drive of the 3rd quarter to put us deep in Texans territory and set up the first Williams TD run. A14 yard jet sweep run to help set up Damian Williams second TD run and a 28 yard 4th quarter reception that set up the 8 yard TD pass to Bell. Watkins is dangerous and must be accounted for in the field, anytime he can help get chunks of yards to move the offense up and down the field is a good days work
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:50 AM 01-14-2020
Yes, it's so nice of Patrick to think of the little people every once in awhile!
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:51 AM 01-14-2020
He’s definitely getting hot again, and here’s hoping he stays that way these next two games... but either way, this needs to be his last season in KC
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:55 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
He’s definitely getting hot again, and here’s hoping he stays that way these next two games... but either way, this needs to be his last season in KC
He has a lot of talent but only plays 4-5 games a year. He's got money now, maybe he will take Robinson money to stay now? If not, @$15 million, no thanks.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 07:03 AM 01-14-2020
It was great to see. Especially since the rest of the receivers pretty much played like shit. Would be nice to see Hill earn his money on this playoff run. He’s been pretty silent the last month or so outside of that muffed punt Sunday.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 07:06 AM 01-14-2020
I forgot he existed until I saw him catch it. It was relief followed by a wtf have you been?
[Reply]
notorious 07:07 AM 01-14-2020
He better produce. Been a huge waste of money if he doesn’t payoff big in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Dartgod 07:07 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
It was great to see. Especially since the rest of the receivers pretty much played like shit. Would be nice to see Hill earn his money on this playoff run. He’s been pretty silent the last month or so outside of that muffed punt Sunday.
He's constantly being doubled which opens up other opportunities for people like Kelce. Even though he may not show up in box score, he's contributing. I'm not concerned.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 07:11 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Well, the Texans played a lot of zone to take away his deep threat. That's why Kelce thrived. He put out a tweet yesterday about being excited to face the Titans because they play a lot of man defense. I look to see him have a big game Sunday as the Titans try to take away Kelce. That's the beauty of our offense. No matter what you do, someone is going to be left open to make a play.
[Reply]
srvy 07:11 AM 01-14-2020
Yeah he shouldnt even be a consideration to sign. He is glass had to limit hold him out just to get him to crunch time not worth it.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 07:15 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
He's constantly being doubled which opens up other opportunities for people like Kelce. Even though he may not show up in box score, he's contributing. I'm not concerned.
As long as Reid learned his lesson and sticks with his pro bowl returner. I don’t want to see Hill back there anymore when we have a guy that’s one of the best returners in the NFL
[Reply]
HemiEd 07:18 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Exactly what I was going to say. They can't take everyone away with the doubles.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:18 AM 01-14-2020
Also, props to him for not forcing some stupid throw downfield on the trick play.
[Reply]
Spott 07:28 AM 01-14-2020
I still want him on the team next year. The more weapons for this offense, the better.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:29 AM 01-14-2020
If I'm Veach, I put it on the table that he can sign an extension with not much new money to get the cap number down and actually collect that 21M over 4 years or get dumped, lose the 21M and take your chances on the market after not producing with 2 years of Mahomes.

It won't happen, and someone will give him the money, but I'm OK with Watkins here at like $5.5 per (21M +1M new money over 4) or even $7.3 per (21M +1M new money over 3). Remember Albert Wilson made 8 this year.

Like I said, it won't happen. Someone will fork over the cash, but I put it out there.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 14
1 234511 > Last »
Up