ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Texan fan game thread
jerryaldini 10:26 PM 01-13-2020
I posted this in the Titans forum thread but thought it deserved its own thread. Having lived in Houston as a Chief fan during the Warren Moon years I wanted to see how the Houston fans reacted to the game. These fans have suffered even more than Chiefs fans, and there’s a huge because Houston vibe with several memorable meltdowns, including the largest in playoff history.

They haven’t seen their team even make the AFCCG since consecutive losses to the Steelers in 78-79 with Dan Pastorini as QB, and not before that (only titles were 60-61 AFL). Despite seven consecutive years of playoffs behind HOFer Moon, they never made it out of the divisional round. Their last shot with Moon was against the Chiefs in 93, the year after the Frank Reich game, when Montana led the Chiefs’ last best playoff comeback until yesterday. The Oilers were a 12-win team coming off the bye. Then the franchise moves to TN and within three years goes to the SB. I feel for these guys.

After last year’s AFCCG, it’s cathartic to be on the other side and see such similar emotions. Page 33 is the Hardman return. Before that they are in as much shock as we were. Within 15 minutes it becomes because Houston and Frank Reich memories. It’s worth a read.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?...303106/page-33
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:42 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Oh and the Pats board is just insane. It’s littered with people saying the Chiefs always get favorable calls and they are extremely unlikeable.

It is unreal that they can’t see the irony.

Asterisk. :-)
Have you ever met a Bostonian? They all are insufferable pricks
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 11:42 PM 01-13-2020
Oh and the Pats board is just insane. It’s littered with people saying the Chiefs always get favorable calls and they are extremely unlikeable.

It is unreal that they can’t see the irony.

Asterisk. :-)
They are already scared of Pat eclipsing Brady’s legacy and Mahomes is only 24 years old :-)

It’s gonna be a long 15+ years for them.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:43 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
They are already scared of Pat eclipsing Brady’s legacy and Mahomes is only 24 years old :-)

He doesn’t even have to get the 6 rings to do that IMHO. Especially when you consider that New England’s ‘rings’ are tainted with scandal.

I can see clear as day who the superior QB is.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:06 AM 01-14-2020

OMG these guys are delusional
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:07 AM 01-14-2020

They hate Rodgers too for some reason - even though there's no way he eclipses Brady. They can't stand any other QB getting all the attention.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:09 AM 01-14-2020
He doesn’t even have to get the 6 rings to do that IMHO. Especially when you consider that New England’s ‘rings’ are tainted with scandal.

I can see clear as day who the superior QB is.
Tainted with scandal, plus he has the GOAT defensive coach helping him. It's basically like the MJ and Bill Russell comparison. If Mahomes gets to 4, I think he takes the GOAT title.

But obviously that is a long, long ways off. They gotta get the first title before they can think about any others. His teammates need to show up ready to play in the first quarter this time, no bullshit like we saw yesterday.
[Reply]
cdcox 12:28 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
When you guys are done with this, go read the GT from the Mane. Priceless read.
:-) Broncos fans complaining about the rule stating that the QB's entire body must be past the line for illegal forward pass. :-)

Cluelessness.
[Reply]
carcosa 02:11 AM 01-14-2020
https://www.patsfans.com/new-england...exans.1151277/
lmao

Too much success has given them all brain worms
[Reply]
carcosa 02:26 AM 01-14-2020

Ah yes, Patrick Mahomes's famous flaw: he's not competitive enough
[Reply]
carcosa 02:27 AM 01-14-2020
Half the posts on that patsfans thread are dumber than the dumbest post on here, and we have some real dumb fucks
[Reply]
DRM08 02:53 AM 01-14-2020
I realize they want to put all the blame on O'Brien, Romeo, and the defensive talent/coaches. But I will say this about the two QB's in this game. Mahomes was forced by a horrific defense in college/high school to keep his foot on the gas at all times. He is far more geared for the shootout mentality than Deshaun.

My belief is if Mahomes went up 24-0 even with a garbage defense, he would still keep scoring in bunches...and would NOT finish with 31. Houston fans can try to put all the blame on everyone else in their organization, but I think their "Michael Jordan" level QB deserves some of the blame as well. Chiefs do not have a 1985 Bears defense.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:09 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I realize they want to put all the blame on O'Brien, Romeo, and the defensive talent/coaches. But I will say this about the two QB's in this game. Mahomes was forced by a horrific defense in college/high school to keep his foot on the gas at all times. He is far more geared for the shootout mentality than Deshaun.

My belief is if Mahomes went up 24-0 even with a garbage defense, he would still keep scoring in bunches...and would NOT finish with 31. Houston fans can try to put all the blame on everyone else in their organization, but I think their "Michael Jordan" level QB deserves some of the blame as well. Chiefs do not have a 1985 Bears defense.
Watson has a little magic to him. It's true.

But the MJ stuff is just silly.

He is not in Mahomes' league.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 08:52 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

OMG these guys are delusional
LOL that is hillarious. First of all he thinks the league is fixed but that the Patriots have won 6 titles by refusing to take part in the fixing. Of course if this was the case then why would they have to worry about the league giving the next "annointed QB" titles? If the league is so inept at fixing the games that the Patriots can overcome the leagues tactics to win the previous 6 titles, why wouldn't they be able to keep doing it?
[Reply]
burt 09:04 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Watson has a little magic to him. It's true.

But the MJ stuff is just silly.

He is not in Mahomes' league.
100% this^^

I am beginning to believe that you ARE right much more often than you are wrong!
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:25 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
LOL that is hillarious. First of all he thinks the league is fixed but that the Patriots have won 6 titles by refusing to take part in the fixing. Of course if this was the case then why would they have to worry about the league giving the next "annointed QB" titles? If the league is so inept at fixing the games that the Patriots can overcome the leagues tactics to win the previous 6 titles, why wouldn't they be able to keep doing it?
If you came at a NE fan like that, it would give them such a case of cognitive dissonance it would cause brain bubbles.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up