[Reply]
loochy 01:03 PM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by nychief:
He no good.
No, he good?
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:06 PM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Agreed. Reid knows the truth (whatever that is).

If he really is going to miss the AFC playoffs because he ****ed around playing basketball after practice, then tag and trade. Get as much as you can from some shit NFC team. Let them pay him.

It was already debatable whether or not we should pay him. An argument could be made for either.

How Reid/Veach handle this will tell us plenty.
I thought this had already been put to rest and he was hurt in practice, did I miss something or are people still making shit up?
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 01:22 PM 01-15-2020
You don't let an interior pass rusher that consistently gets pressure go because of a freak accident playing Nerf basketball (debatable if it went down that way).

Pay him, draft a cover Linebacker and the Defense will be just fine under Spags.
[Reply]
SAGA45 01:26 PM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I thought this had already been put to rest and he was hurt in practice, did I miss something or are people still making shit up?
Its possible its not made up and that the practice story is for optics and not having to deal with a huge ongoing distraction during the playoffs.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:35 PM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
Its possible its not made up and that the practice story is for optics and not having to deal with a huge ongoing distraction during the playoffs.
Anything is possible but that would mean this is a lie from Mellinger -

Originally Posted by :
First, Chris Jones did not injure himself playing basketball. A source I’ve known for years and who has never lied to me (and, in fact, who has corrected others who’ve lied to me) offered an emphatic denial of the Internet rumor. Jones’ calf was hurt during Thursday’s practice. It’s awful luck, and worse timing.

Second, yes, absolutely, that basketball hoop needs to go. This has nothing to do with Jones. I’ve thought this all season. I’m all for guys being able to blow off steam, and there’s some genuine team building that can happen around that hoop. But the games have slowly moved from shooting around to H-O-R-S-E to friendly one-on-one to heated two-on-two.

Once, earlier in the season, Marcus Kemp went flying into a wall. On another day, a tile fell from the ceiling, crashing to the ground directly in front of Mecole Hardman’s locker.

Give them a ping pong table. Or pool. Corn hole. Pop-a-shot. Whatever.

But this hoop has been a bad idea for a long time.
And not a single credible source has disputed it and literally NOBODY in national media is covering it.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:36 PM 01-15-2020
Petro never said he was for sure hurt during bball and even he doesn't believe it happened in the game anymore
[Reply]
Stinger 01:42 PM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
So it sure doesn’t sound like he’s playing based on the Carrington tweet.

On Chris Jones’ calf, the #Chiefs won’t know if he can injury himself more by playing and they’re not putting him in that position. It is not a pain thing. It’s whether Jones can play to a certain ability is what they’re looking at. Jones will not practice today.

— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) January 15, 2020

[Reply]
suzzer99 02:35 PM 01-15-2020
That tweet makes no sense. Is it a further injury risk or a play to a certain ability thing?
[Reply]
TinyEvel 02:57 PM 01-15-2020
I say shoot him up with horse cocaine and put a helmet on him. We need to win. :-)
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:59 PM 01-15-2020
The way they're talking I'll be shocked if he plays Sunday.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 03:01 PM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Petro never said he was for sure hurt during bball and even he doesn't believe it happened in the game anymore
Yeah, he backed away from that yesterday and said he accepts that it happened in the next-to-last snap in practice. He also said that Nate Taylor has a different recollection -- he remembers the game continuing after Jones went down, while Petro thinks it never resumed.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:01 PM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
I say shoot him up with horse cocaine and put a helmet on him. We need to win. :-)
Out of curiosity where can I find horse cocaine
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:01 PM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Sounds like they aren't expecting him to practice much this week. I'm gonna guess that he doesn't play.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/platf...afc-title-game
Those calf injuries can take some time to heal. Especially when you need that calf to push off 300 lb men.
[Reply]
wheeler08 03:36 PM 01-15-2020
Maybe if there’s risk of worse injury if he plays, maybe they shelve him to don’t hurt trade value?
[Reply]
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Up