ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Doubters repent thread:
Chris Meck 06:29 PM 01-12-2020
Here it is. Come clean.

Andy bashers, Clark bashers, Spags sucks, Honey Badger makes business decisions, whatever-anything you want to get off your chest.

Admit your specific sins, admit you were wrong, and apologize.

AND THEN GET ON THE GODDAMNED BUS!

edit:
the intent of this thread was not to lord anything over anyone about however frustrated or dejected you might have been during the 1st quarter of the Texans game. It was intended as a thread in which folks could talk about all the things they'd had a knee-jerk reaction to during the season which had turned out to be wrong. I thought it'd be fun and then we could all get on the bus the rest of the way to the 'ship. But of course, we can never all be pulling in the same direction, because Chiefsplanet. Carry on.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:45 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by Katie:
Was I Pissed? Absolutely. But my philosophy has always been "never give up, never surrender". Not til time runs out.
Damn right, girl.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:46 PM 01-12-2020
Never committed any of these sins. I suppose I doubted the Clark signing at one point, but I don’t remember bashing him.
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 11:46 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
2 hail Patrick's, 3 fat Andy's and pour a shot out for Marty.
I will not pour a shot out for Marty because he is not dead, instead I will drink a very large shot of Jameson for Marty and do my best to remember it. Because Marty was a great coach and I remember the good times with him and the bad times make these good times so much better.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:48 PM 01-12-2020
People actually left the stadium for good in the first qtr? I can see stepping away for a while to go have a smoke or a beer or something...

But to go to the trouble and expense of a fucking playoff game just to leave...?

In the first fucking quarter...?

Wow. Just wow.
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 11:49 PM 01-12-2020
Nobody has ever had a QB as good as mahomes. If Marty had mahomes,we would have won 9 super bowls.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 12:00 AM 01-13-2020
I was fucking pissed at that shitshow start. The team looked completely inept and unprepared to play.

The repeated drops, blown coverage, punt block, pubt muff, it was so much bad all at once it didn't seem possible.

I reminded my dad and my brother at 24-0, that last year twice against NE Pat put up 31 points in the second half, so if the offense got ANY points in the first half, we had a shot.

Then Hardman took the kick back 57 yards, 2 plays later the comeback was on. 3 TDs in 3 minutes and everything flipped.

I certainly didnt see us taking the lead before half at 24-0. I was just hoping they could get back in it to try to make a late game run at stealing a win.
[Reply]
F150 12:08 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
I was ****ing pissed at that shitshow start. The team looked completely inept and unprepared to play.

The repeated drops, blown coverage, punt block, pubt muff, it was so much bad all at once it didn't seem possible.

I reminded my dad and my brother at 24-0, that last year twice against NE Pat put up 31 points in the second half, so if the offense got ANY points in the first half, we had a shot.

Then Hardman took the kick back 57 yards, 2 plays later the comeback was on. 3 TDs in 3 minutes and everything flipped.

I certainly didnt see us taking the lead before half at 24-0. I was just hoping they could get back in it to try to make a late game run at stealing a win.
all of this
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:11 AM 01-13-2020
I have nothing to be ashamed of.

Will Fuller fucked us up. And we needed a lot more than 28 to win.

But in the end. Mahomes.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 12:20 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by EPodolak:
I keep forgetting Pat is a way better QB than I am a fan.
Bwaaahahaha
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 12:50 AM 01-13-2020
I quit in the first quarter for sure. I’m an asshole and a shitty fan. I suck.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 12:56 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Not going to blame anyone for getting the PTSD. I know I sure as fuck did.
Yeah, it's easy to get the, OHFUCKPLEASENOTAGAIN, panic button going in your brain after a start like that.
[Reply]
Bugeater 01:07 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll:
I quit in the first quarter for sure. I’m an asshole and a shitty fan. I suck.
Sooo you what....shut the game off and never turned it back on? Again, i get walking away for a bit, i do it all the time. But my God...how does someone not cool off and come to their senses or at least be somewhat curious? It was the first fucking quarter....
[Reply]
JD10367 01:16 AM 01-13-2020
You guys are funny.

Before the game: “The Texans are awful, we’re gonna kill them!”
After one quarter: “We suck!”
After the game: “We’re the best ever, woooohoooo!!1!”

Well which is it?

Truth is... all of it. There’s a reason they say “any given Sunday”. From the best team to the worst, the margin is slim. Ask the Saints and Ravens. The Patriots won 6 Super Bowls, and it easily could’ve been 8 or easily could’ve been 0.

There’s no crime in getting pissed off when your team plays like shit. There’s no crime in getting excited when they turn it around and win. But it’s not like “HOW COULD YOU DOUBT?!?” Nothing is given.
[Reply]
Bugeater 01:23 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by KurtCobain:
Yeah, it's easy to get the, OHFUCKPLEASENOTAGAIN, panic button going in your brain after a start like that.
Anyone who says that they didn't get at least a touch of that is either lying, or just became a Chiefs fan last year.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 04:11 AM 01-13-2020
Yeah, once it was 21 zip I was getting really bummed. My nephew and brother in law both went to go take a nap. I never quit watching, it was like watching a train wreck. I started thinking about the 28 point 2nd quarter against the Raiders. Started letting a little bit of hope creep back in. If they can just get 7, then if they can just get 14, then if they can just get to 21 before half.

Now... I can't sleep...

The Chiefs have always been on the wrong end of these games. We now have that guy at QB, the one that refuses to give up.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Up