ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 53 of 144
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763103 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Titans (AFC Championship edition) thread
TLO 05:12 PM 01-12-2020
The AFC Championship runs through Arrowhead.
[Reply]
arrwheader 08:40 AM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by TurdsMckenzie:
Ravens and Patriots were both flat out better on both sides of the ball too. At least against other teams, just not against the Titties.
Yep which means Titans will lose if the chiefs don't get in their own way.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:09 AM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by RollTide22:
23-188-2
32/38-522-6
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:12 AM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by Jeff.Fisher:
I was here last time too. I wasnt very confident that game. Then mary threw that pass to himself..

Seriously though, i'm not trying to troll. You guys have a good team. Mahomes is out of this world. Seems like a good kid too. I'll be pulling for the chiefs if they get past the Titans. I just dont think they do. With all the crazy ways the titans beat the chiefs, there must be some voodoo stuff between adams and hunt. Chiefs will never beat the titans until...
In case you hadn’t noticed, Mahomes has made a habit of doing things that the Chiefs rarely or never do.

It will take a lot of mistakes for the Chiefs to lose this. It’s hilarious how confident Titans fans are after seeing them erase a 24-0 deficit in a few minutes on their way to seven straight TD drives. Ol’ Tenny’s going to waltz in with a secondary almost as weak as Houston’s and you feel GOOD about this?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:16 AM 01-15-2020
I rewatched a good portion of the week 10 game and, outside of last week’s game, it may be the worst that anyone has defended the Chiefs in well over a year. Someone was wide open on every damn play. Receivers were consistently getting big chunks of yardage after the catch. If the Chiefs had really been on that day, they’d have dropped well over 40 points.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:17 AM 01-15-2020
https://youtu.be/fFGLxBv6gIU
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:20 AM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
In case you hadn’t noticed, Mahomes has made a habit of doing things that the Chiefs rarely or never do.

It will take a lot of mistakes for the Chiefs to lose this. It’s hilarious how confident Titans fans are after seeing them erase a 24-0 deficit in a few minutes on their way to seven straight TD drives. Ol’ Tenny’s going to waltz in with a secondary almost as weak as Houston’s and you feel GOOD about this?
And they did that to a team that the Tits LOST to...
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:23 AM 01-15-2020
I was here last time too. I wasnt very confident that game. Then mary threw that pass to himself..

Seriously though, i'm not trying to troll. You guys have a good team. Mahomes is out of this world. Seems like a good kid too. I'll be pulling for the chiefs if they get past the Titans. I just dont think they do. With all the crazy ways the titans beat the chiefs, there must be some voodoo stuff between adams and hunt. Chiefs will never beat the titans until...
I have been on the other side of a lot of these playoff games in my life, where the Chiefs had a good defense and a powerful running game. Those teams always lost in the postseason to a team that had a better offense and a better quarterback. No disrespect to Tannehill, he's been playing well, but... really.

It's true that if your defense contains our offense for 60 minutes - something nobody has a lot of luck doing when we're healthy - and if you can play mistake-free football on the ground, you'd have a good chance to win. I've just seen so many times in our team's history that in the postseason when you play games so close to the vest like that, you're only one mistake or one great play away from losing. And teams in the final four generally are good at making great plays and forcing mistakes.

This is going to be a whale of a game I think, but I like our chances because I'm always going to like the passing game over the running game in today's NFL, I like the matchup between our passing game and the Titans' secondary, I like the matchup between Reid and Vrabel. It will be a fascinating test of opposite styles though.
[Reply]
FringeNC 09:27 AM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I rewatched a good portion of the week 10 game and, outside of last week’s game, it may be the worst that anyone has defended the Chiefs in well over a year. Someone was wide open on every damn play. Receivers were consistently getting big chunks of yardage after the catch. If the Chiefs had really been on that day, they’d have dropped well over 40 points.
That's exactly right. In my view, we went to a short passing attack that game to try to limit the hits Mahomes took, and the Titans made it easy -- just hitting wide open guys all over the place. The last thing the Titans want is a replay of that game -- won't be a fluke for the ages ending this time.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:39 AM 01-15-2020
I agree that the forward progress call on mariota's fumble was some bs. I would have been mad myself. But to say thats why you guys lost that one is grasping. That fg made it 21-3. Your non show offense in the 2nd half was the culprit. Oh and derrick henry running all over you. Look for more of that this sunday
Well considering we upgraded majorly at the QB position and DC since that game, I'd say we have a pretty good chance of avoiding that again.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 10:10 AM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
I have been on the other side of a lot of these playoff games in my life, where the Chiefs had a good defense and a powerful running game. Those teams always lost in the postseason to a team that had a better offense and a better quarterback. No disrespect to Tannehill, he's been playing well, but... really.

It's true that if your defense contains our offense for 60 minutes - something nobody has a lot of luck doing when we're healthy - and if you can play mistake-free football on the ground, you'd have a good chance to win. I've just seen so many times in our team's history that in the postseason when you play games so close to the vest like that, you're only one mistake or one great play away from losing. And teams in the final four generally are good at making great plays and forcing mistakes.

This is going to be a whale of a game I think, but I like our chances because I'm always going to like the passing game over the running game in today's NFL, I like the matchup between our passing game and the Titans' secondary, I like the matchup between Reid and Vrabel. It will be a fascinating test of opposite styles though.
The titans remind me very much of the '90 chiefs.

Deberg was playing his best football of his life, and taking care of the ball.

We pounded the running game, with a few long passes via play-action.

The difference here is: the titans defense is nowhere near as good as the 90 chiefs.

If mahomes has time to throw (like he did Sunday), we'll be just fine.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:25 AM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
The titans remind me very much of the '90 chiefs.

Deberg was playing his best football of his life, and taking care of the ball.

We pounded the running game, with a few long passes via play-action.

The difference here is: the titans defense is nowhere near as good as the 90 chiefs.

If mahomes has time to throw (like he did Sunday), we'll be just fine.
Gonna be a big game for Wiz, Reiter and LDT.

Casey is the wild-card. I'm not worried about Brantley blowing things up and Wake' injury leaves them without a complementary pass-rusher. So if they're going to wreak havoc, it will have to come from the inside.

Jurrell Casey is a good player and a solid interior rusher. But he's not Aaron Donald or even Chris Jones. He's not Dontari Poe. He can be dealt with.

But if we DON'T deal with him, he can make for a long day for Patrick just as he did for Jackson. So it will be critically important for the IOL to step up and neutralize him.

If they do, this game probably goes pretty smoothly. He's the only guy on that team I can see really messing things up for us because if he's making trouble, that's when someone like Byard can go make a play. Byard's not gonna fool Mahomes if he has time. But if Mahomes is under pressure, that's when Byard can make some things happen.

Neutralize Casey and you do a lot to neuter the Titans defensive playmakers. From that point, the Chiefs can cruise to 30+
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:28 AM 01-15-2020
The Chiefs didn't have much of a problem with Tennessee's defensive line in the first match-up considering Mahomes was still gimpy with his knee/ankle and the Chiefs were down multiple starters on their offensive line.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:29 AM 01-15-2020
If the Chiefs don’t fuck up the beginning of that Texans game....then I probably have no thoughts about this being a tough game for us. But going down 24-0 that quick puts a lot of thoughts in your head. I hope to God they saw that happen and then wanted to make sure it never happened again.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:30 AM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The Chiefs didn't have much of a problem with Tennessee's defensive line in the first match-up considering Mahomes was still gimpy with his knee/ankle and the Chiefs were down multiple starters on their offensive line.
Only sacked him twice.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:35 AM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
I don't know that I agree with you there.

I mean, yes - the line was in tatters. But they DID have plenty of trouble with the Titans DL. Mahomes played one of the best games I've ever seen him play and it was due in large part to Mahomes ability to survive in the maelstrom. He flat willed some of those yards into being.

Now the reinforcements on the line since then should make a big difference. But SHOULD is different that DOES. We just have to wait and see.

That's really the only place I can see Tennessee really creating problems, though.
[Reply]
Page 53 of 144
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763103 > Last »
Up