ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 144
« First < 414748495051 5253545561101 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Titans (AFC Championship edition) thread
TLO 05:12 PM 01-12-2020
The AFC Championship runs through Arrowhead.
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 05:13 PM 01-14-2020
Has the new Tennessee place kicker actually kicked a FG yet in a game?

I recall he hadn't as of the New England game.:-)
[Reply]
Jeff.Fisher 05:14 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Again, you don't know what you're talking about.

"Inefficient" offenses kick a lot of FGs. And punt the ball a lot. Like the Titans punting 6 times a game. Only scoring on 35% of your possessions. That's called inefficiency. Look it up.
Guess you'll be extra disappointed losing to such an inept titans team then
[Reply]
T-post Tom 05:15 PM 01-14-2020

[Reply]
dirk digler 05:15 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Same here. Biggest thing for Chiefs RB during the Mahomes era is going to be if they can catch the ball. Damien Williams fits that.

I’m down with trying to find a RB on day 2/3 that fits that, but not to change the run/pass balance as much as to keep the position stocked and cheap.

Really? I think the Chiefs offense was so much more potent with Hunt in the backfield because defenses had to then defend the run. I don't think they need to worry much about it right now.
[Reply]
Jeff.Fisher 05:15 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan:
Has the new Tennessee place kicker actually kicked a FG yet in a game?

I recall he hadn't as of the New England game.:-)
Nope. He's kicked a whole lot of extra points though. Titans only score touchdowns
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:17 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Jeff.Fisher:
Nope. He's kicked a whole lot of extra points though. Titans only score touchdowns
A whole lot, he says. Six is it?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:19 PM 01-14-2020
About five whole days until Jeff Fisher logs off CP for good.
[Reply]
Halfcan 05:22 PM 01-14-2020
We had your present team back in the 90's plus an amazing defense much better than yours. We thought nobody could stop us with Word and Okoya. But the Bills always had a much better QB and passing attack.

You guys will be destined to be also-rans with that retread Miami QB.
[Reply]
Halfcan 05:23 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
:-) Truth!
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:24 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Really? I think the Chiefs offense was so much more potent with Hunt in the backfield because defenses had to then defend the run. I don't think they need to worry much about it right now.
Hunt was a very good runner, no question. But teams really defended his RAC. Once he caught the ball in space against a LB, he could go all the way. That's what scared DCs. They had to not only defend Hill and Kelce, but also Hunt as a receiving threat out of the backfield, which meant trying to cover him with a LB. If Hunt were on this team still, DCs would be pulling their hair out trying to figure out how to cover everyone. And if we changed it up and ran Hunt, once he got past the LoS, who's there to tackle him? If they miss, he's running downhill with only a S/CB in front of him, and he loved to straight run over those guys.

Right now we flat lack a RB that runs with that kind of violence. But it still works with a RB that can out-run people and one that can juke the pants off people. It's just not quite the same thing,because DCs can cover our backs with a CB/S and expect them to make a tackle.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05:31 PM 01-14-2020

I came last year and we didn’t win. I’m gonna stay home on this one so we can get it done this year Brodie. https://t.co/KdMj4b4jTR

— Brandon Flowers (@BFlowers24) January 14, 2020

[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:53 PM 01-14-2020
Seems like a lot of ex-Chiefs are Chiefs fans after retirement, even those who bounced around the league a bit.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:58 PM 01-14-2020
Guys, go and check out the play-by-play of the HOU vs TEN game this year. Texans won 24-21, btw.

Check out how that game unfolded.

Henry ran 21 times for 88 yards, but as a team TEN ran for 166 yards, so they established their run game.

Watson had a respectable game, but screwed the team over by throwing two INTs.

But they scored 2 TDs in the first half and led 14-0 coming out of the half.

It took TEN 9 minutes and 16 plays to score their first TD. Run, run, pass. Run, run, pass . . .

But it eats up the entire 3rd quarter.

Then HOU goes on a long drive and scores another TD eating up 3 minutes.

And then TEN goes on another long drive for a TD.

And then HOU goes on another long drive TD.

And so on.

My point is, at the end of the game, when TEN needed to score fast to have a chance to even tie, they couldn't do it. That grind it out heavy run game is also their anchor. They can't score fast. They literally ran out of time because they took so much time to score on each drive. They ate up their own chance to get the ball back and tie.

Even against the worst scoring defense in the playoffs TEN couldn't score quickly.

Think about that.

Andy and Pat know this. They're going to score fast out of the gate; they aren't going to try to eat up clock in the first half. They're going to drop bombs on TEN and force them to try and score fast. Which they can't do.

We got this.
[Reply]
Jeff.Fisher 06:06 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I was here last time too. I wasnt very confident that game. Then mary threw that pass to himself..

Seriously though, i'm not trying to troll. You guys have a good team. Mahomes is out of this world. Seems like a good kid too. I'll be pulling for the chiefs if they get past the Titans. I just dont think they do. With all the crazy ways the titans beat the chiefs, there must be some voodoo stuff between adams and hunt. Chiefs will never beat the titans until...
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:22 PM 01-14-2020
I was here last time too. I wasnt very confident that game. Then mary threw that pass to himself..

Seriously though, i'm not trying to troll. You guys have a good team. Mahomes is out of this world. Seems like a good kid too. I'll be pulling for the chiefs if they get past the Titans. I just dont think they do. With all the crazy ways the titans beat the chiefs, there must be some voodoo stuff between adams and hunt. Chiefs will never beat the titans until...
this Sunday...
[Reply]
Page 51 of 144
« First < 414748495051 5253545561101 > Last »
Up