ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 106 of 144
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110116 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Titans (AFC Championship edition) thread
TLO 05:12 PM 01-12-2020
The AFC Championship runs through Arrowhead.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:03 PM 01-17-2020
Colin Cowherd picks KC over TEN.
[Reply]
FringeNC 12:03 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:

Chiefs/Titans is the 1st game they do, solid breakdown.
Good breakdown. I'd like to reiterate a point they made -- the Chiefs "won" most of the plays on offense, and the Titans didn't match up. Mahomes missed a few big plays in that game. In all honesty, that Tennessee defense was the worst we faced all year. If they bring that same D on Sunday, forget about it. Maybe they made big strides like we did, but that was just an AWFUL D we played.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:06 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
He’s a full on Mahomo these days. Glad he saw the light...even if it took Andrew Luck retiring.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:10 PM 01-17-2020
PAYBACK TIME

[Reply]
ModSocks 12:11 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
After listening to the pundits all morning, I have the same feeling as I had last year right before the Colts divisional game, we are being overlooked. A lot of people picking the Tits and their awesome o-line and running back... Same as the Colts last year. We spanked the Colts. Our defense is better and Mahomes is healthy and more mature, we roll.
The Titans are Sooooo overhyped (looking at you too Chris Meck /cheap jab). They backed into the playoffs because the Steelers sucked enough dick to close the season.

Then they landed two highly favorable match-ups for their playoff run. The Chiefs and Texans were the only two teams in this year's AFC's playoffs that could exploit the Titan's weaknesses and KC eliminated the Texans for them.

Any other year this Titans team gets one and done'd.

Seriously, the Patriots? They couldn't have asked for a better match-up there.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:12 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Jones is practicing
Ohhhhh fuck. And with a healthy Suggs and Clark on each end? This is going to be fucking glorious.
[Reply]
Nzoner 12:17 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
He’s a full on Mahomo these days. Glad he saw the light...even if it took Andrew Luck retiring.
The same CC who said at the end of October that the AFC race was OVER :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:23 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
The Titans are Sooooo overhyped (looking at you too Chris Meck /cheap jab). They backed into the playoffs because the Steelers sucked enough dick to close the season.

Then they landed two highly favorable match-ups for their playoff run. The Chiefs and Texans were the only two teams in this year's AFC's playoffs that could exploit the Titan's weaknesses and KC eliminated the Texans for them.

yeah okay. Whatever.

They are overhyped NOW. When I started talking about them they were unlikely to even make the ****ing play-offs. Because of their 2-4 start.

then they go on the road and embarass the defending champs and #3 seed (who, yeah, are in decline, but still at home) and then roll into Baltimore and WHIP the #1 seed with the presumptive MVP.

and you're all like, well YEAH, of course, who didn't see that coming.

Whatever, dude.

NOW, everyone is saying they're OMG THE BESTEST EVER and they're going to STEAMROLL THE CHIEFS WITH JIM BROWN/WALTERPAYTON REINCARNATED

so yeah. I thought they were UNDERRATED when they WERE.

Now I think they're being OVERRATED.

I don't know why you can't understand that.

I expected and predicted that WE would go to NE and knock off the Pats, and then go to Baltimore and knock them off because that was probably going to be our path.

Glad the Titans took care of that for us, and we'll beat them by 20 and move the fuck on.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:24 PM 01-17-2020

I don't think they are necessarily over-hyped. They do have the best running game in the league. They do have a solid run-stopping DL and some good DBs. They did win four games in a row on the road to get to Arrowhead. Tannehill has thrown a high percentage of TDs recently. You can't argue any of that.

But I think they're ultimately over-matched defensively. Their defense can't stop the Chiefs offense, period. They're only real option is to try and keep the ball away from Mahomes. And they haven't proven that they can do that. They are going to give us about 10 possessions. So we're going to score 5-6 TDs. Especially when you consider that since Tannehill became their QB, their RZ defense gives up a TD about 68% of the time, only better than HOU RZ defense. And we saw what Pat and Andy did to HOU inside the 25.

Meanwhile, regardless of who the Titans play, they only score TDs about 35% of the time. Period.

The only way they win this game is to suddenly and substantially increase their offensive efficiency. Get up to about 60%, or nearly twice what they've done all season, and in the playoffs. This never happens.

So, the only other possibility is that the Chiefs turn the ball over on their side of the 50 at least 5-6 times. We average less than 2 T/Os a game.

The odds are stacked against them. But I think it'll be a very interesting game in the beginning.
[Reply]
Shag 12:32 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by JCBRAVE:
dont confuse soft zone D as being a weakness of ours, we allow teams to dink and dunk between the 20's, then tighten up in the RZ and force ppl to kick FG's
You sure about that?

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/sta...ne-scoring-pct

28th in RZ TD%. :-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:33 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
yeah okay. Whatever.

They are overhyped NOW. When I started talking about them they were unlikely to even make the ****ing play-offs. Because of their 2-4 start.

then they go on the road and embarass the defending champs and #3 seed (who, yeah, are in decline, but still at home) and then roll into Baltimore and WHIP the #1 seed with the presumptive MVP.

and you're all like, well YEAH, of course, who didn't see that coming.

Whatever, dude.

NOW, everyone is saying they're OMG THE BESTEST EVER and they're going to STEAMROLL THE CHIEFS WITH JIM BROWN/WALTERPAYTON REINCARNATED

so yeah. I thought they were UNDERRATED when they WERE.

Now I think they're being OVERRATED.

I don't know why you can't understand that.

I expected and predicted that WE would go to NE and knock off the Pats, and then go to Baltimore and knock them off because that was probably going to be our path.

Glad the Titans took care of that for us, and we'll beat them by 20 and move the fuck on.
:-) why you so defensive over the Titans? It's like your trying to flex your football-knowledge muscle and you're using the Titans as your vessel.

Yes, it's possible to be be both overhyped and have favorable match ups. Don't "whatever dude" me with that shit. This team woulda got bounced last year.

Using words like "whooped" and "embarassed?" Give me a break. They were beating the Patriots to a tune of 14-13 until the Brady pick 6 to end the game. You call that "embarrassed"? It was a 1 point freaking lead ffs.

They backed into the playoffs, squeaked by a Patriots team that just lot to Miami and was a horrible match-up for them, and beat a good Ravens team by doing exactly what we all said needed to be done to beat the Ravens.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:36 PM 01-17-2020
:-) why you so defensive over the Titans? It's like your trying to flex your football-knowledge muscle and you're using the Titans as your vessel.

Yes, it's possible to be be both overhyped and have favorable match ups. Don't "whatever dude me" with that shit. This team woulda got bounced last year.

Using words like "whooped" and "embarassed?" Give me a break. They were beating the Patriots to a tune of 14-13 until the Brady pick 6 to end the game. You call that "embarrassed"? It was a 1 point freaking lead ffs.

They backed into the playoffs, squeaked by a Patriots team that just lot to Miami and was a horrible match-up for them, and beat a good Ravens team by doing exactly what we all said needed to be done to beat the Ravens.
naw, man. I flex my football knowledge muscles all the time.

because I'm usually right. :-)

This just happens to be the topic this week.

And if you look back through the last year, I've been right a lot more than I've been wrong.

And if you can't crow a little bit on a fucking football message board, then what point is there?
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:39 PM 01-17-2020
I don't think they are necessarily over-hyped. They do have the best running game in the league. They do have a solid run-stopping DL and some good DBs. They did win four games in a row on the road to get to Arrowhead. Tannehill has thrown a high percentage of TDs recently. You can't argue any of that.

But I think they're ultimately over-matched defensively. Their defense can't stop the Chiefs offense, period. They're only real option is to try and keep the ball away from Mahomes. And they haven't proven that they can do that. They are going to give us about 10 possessions. So we're going to score 5-6 TDs. Especially when you consider that since Tannehill became their QB, their RZ defense gives up a TD about 68% of the time, only better than HOU RZ defense. And we saw what Pat and Andy did to HOU inside the 25.

Meanwhile, regardless of who the Titans play, they only score TDs about 35% of the time. Period.

The only way they win this game is to suddenly and substantially increase their offensive efficiency. Get up to about 60%, or nearly twice what they've done all season, and in the playoffs. This never happens.

So, the only other possibility is that the Chiefs turn the ball over on their side of the 50 at least 5-6 times. We average less than 2 T/Os a game.

The odds are stacked against them. But I think it'll be a very interesting game in the beginning.
While i agree with a lot of what you said, they're still way over hyped. Any team with a competent passing game would work this Titans team.

The Titans are lucky that there were only two competent passing attacks in the playoffs this year and we eliminated one of them.
[Reply]
JimNasium 12:41 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Shag:
You sure about that?

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/sta...ne-scoring-pct

28th in RZ TD%. :-)
I know I shouldn’t feed the troll, but this guy is such a dipshit....
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:44 PM 01-17-2020

Yes, it's possible to be be both overhyped and have favorable match ups. Don't "whatever dude" me with that shit. This team woulda got bounced last year.

well, yeah, I think last year's Patriots team was better than this year's. Shocking insight.

As for 'embarassed'? well I'd call a 9-7 #6 seed beating the world champs at home is a bit embarassing, yeah. Judging by all those delicious Patriot fan tears, I'd say definitely embarassed. Burn those Brady jerseys, ya ****s! LOL.

As for 'doing exactly what we all said was needed to beat the Ravens'? Nope. I think just about everyone expected that WE would have to beat the Ravens and nobody was saying that we'd have to run for 180 yards and beat them on the ground. We would've outscored them through the air; totally different gameplan. Unless you think it's a genius call to say you would have to play good run defense to shut down Jackson and force him to beat us with the pass. If that's what you mean, then yeah, okay, genius, you win.

Almost nobody was concerned with Tennessee in week 16, and certainly on this board.

I was watching Henry ****ing shit up and saying, " This may be a problem for the play-offs if they get in."

So, yeah, I'll whatever you.

Defensive? what?
No. We'll beat them. They're a tough team, won't be easy.

I called them as a worthy opponent early.

I don't know why that has your panties in such a bunch.
[Reply]
Page 106 of 144
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110116 > Last »
Up