ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1750 of 2687
« First < 750125016501700174017461747174817491750 17511752175317541760180018502250 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:02 PM 01-14-2020
Great points by DJ regarding BOB. He’s getting crushed for the fake punt. Which I was on board with. But DJLN has good points about shit changing. I think there is some validity in the either be aggressive or don’t, but damn 24 points still 4 scores. But I’d roll with 4th and inches because they could do no wrong.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:05 PM 01-14-2020
the fake punt was stupid as fuck

you're up 17

just go score on the next drive
[Reply]
saphojunkie 02:06 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
the fake punt was stupid as fuck

you're up 17

just go score on the next drive
That was when I knew we were coming back. If you’re playing scared up 17, then you know you got lucky and can’t actually hang. Dirty Dan with the play of the year... up to that point. Then Mahomes has five more
That beat it.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:45 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Be honest - did you?

I was in the stadium and that place had puckered up in a BIG way. "Because Chiefs" was looking more and more inevitable.

Seriously - how many teams get off the mat there? How many fans? At 21-0 it's absolutely a reasonable expectation that this whole thing is about to go up in smoke in Arrowhead. Things were DOUR for the Mudville 9 at the moment. Yes, there was a faint whisp of 'hey, we have Mahomes' in the air, but to say that the idea of a wall-to-wall ass whupin wasn't at the forefront of your thinking at that moment in time would be dishonest, IMO.

But man, EVERYTHING changed on that scoring drive. And it wasn't even the return that convinced me of it. It was Kelce's catch/run. He gets up when we're down 24-0 and still only at the 20ish yard line and he's fist pumping and fired up. The crowd is suddenly as alive as it was on the opening kick.

Brotha - that shit doesn't happen. Look at the Ravens game when they were down 13 in the 2nd half. They looked finished. The stadium sounded finished.

Conventional wisdom says that at 24-0 that team is done because in the annals of the NFL that team is ALWAYS done. Then a relatively innocuous catch and run by a TE who had been bumbling around the field to that point has him acting like he just scored a TD in overtime and the crowd is responding in kind.

And suddenly BoB is looking around and realized that this is not a normal day.

You cannot judge O'Brien for not recognizing that this thing that ALWAYS happens wasn't going to happen on this day. He's not omniscient. And again, even if you DO hold that against him (again, I think he should have gone for it), it has absolutely nothing to do with his decision on the fake punt.

He had to do something and he knew it. He suddenly realized that this wasn't going to go the way 99% of games that start like this goes.

The fake punt was a good call.
Totally agree with everything you’ve said. Spot on.

Even Reid made it a point to mention that he knew BOB would get ripped for the fake punt, but he thought it was a good call. It seemed genuine.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:55 PM 01-14-2020

[Reply]
RunKC 03:25 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Outside of last year, there typically seems to be one conference championship game each year that isn’t particularly close.

I’m not predicting that — but with our offense, it’s more likely for us than anyone.
Mahomes was right back to work immediately after the AFFCG loss last year. He was furious according to Terez.

Now we are at home with the same chance and Mahomes himself will be damned if some ****ing RB on a 9-7 team will come into HIS house and have the Super Bowl taken away from him again.

This team had their worst quarter of the season, Mahomes took control and they followed the rest of that game up with the most complete game of the season.

51 points
7 allowed
ST’s 50+ yard run back, fake punt stop and forced fumble

This team was already on a roll going into the Texans game. After that quarter Mahomes unleashed this team into el fuego.

The Titans can say all the shit they want, but when they step on the field and hear the loudest stadium in the world with the best player in this ****ing game, they’ll know they’re ****ed and some RB won’t save them.

Mahomes is taking this shit personally and the Titans are the unlucky victims walking into a buzz saw
[Reply]
KC Dan 03:28 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Mahomes was right back to work immediately after the AFFCG loss last year. He was furious according to Terez.

Now we are at home with the same chance and Mahomes himself will be damned if some ****ing RB on a 9-7 team will come into HIS house and have the Super Bowl taken away from him again.

This team had their worst quarter of the season, Mahomes took control and they followed the rest of that game up with the most complete game of the season.

51 points
7 allowed
ST’s 50+ yard run back, fake punt stop and forced fumble

This team was already on a roll going into the Texans game. After that quarter Mahomes unleashed this team into el fuego.

The Titans can say all the shit they want, but when they step on the field and hear the loudest stadium in the world with the best player in this ****ing game, they’ll know they’re ****ed and some RB won’t save them.

Mahomes is taking this shit personally and the Titans are the unlucky victims walking into a buzz saw
From your mouth to God's ear.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:31 PM 01-14-2020

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:34 PM 01-14-2020
Jesus.

Mahomes doesn't really have a window to throw to Kelce here due to the pass rushers, so he creates one by leaning way to his right and altering his arm angle. Still absolutely pinpoint.

This is hilarious. pic.twitter.com/lMwt4XOlvV

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) January 14, 2020

This is the EASY stuff. This is a boring Patrick Mahomes play. And it took him quasi-launching himself to his left while going sidearm to get the throw an inch past the outstretched hands of the DL.

In real time that looks like an easy pitch/catch. As it turns out, it's damn near as spectacular as any of the deep throws he's made.

Kid's just a savant.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:37 PM 01-14-2020
like a shortstop
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:50 PM 01-14-2020
Was it in this thread where someone talked about how Pat's new contract won't screw up our cap until after next season and how gambling will increase the cap to the point that the Chiefs should have little problem absorbing it?

Some people need to be put in their place on Twitter and Pat's contract is their last gasp for desperate air.
[Reply]
Halfcan 03:51 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Mangina trying to out-douce Skip as the biggest Mahomes hater.

He talks like the Chiefs are just a bumbling turnover machine that made a few lucky plays in the passing game last week. :-)
[Reply]
Mecca 04:08 PM 01-14-2020
Eric Mangini is such a bitch.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:16 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by ARROW2:
Ass whoopin was imminent. That's why they did it. So we drive 65 yards instead of 35. NEXT. Again, the ass whoopin was imminent. We had already shifted momentum. We scored and forced a 3 and out. O'Brien knew what was coming.....
This guy gets it.

It was palpable from my fucking couch. No doubt O'Brien felt it on the sideline. He was attempting to win back some momentum.
[Reply]
ARROW2 04:22 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
This guy gets it.

It was palpable from my ****ing couch. No doubt O'Brien felt it on the sideline. He was attempting to win back some momentum.
Yeah, like that one play caused 7 straight TD drives by us. FUCK the tits and Frankenstein. We are gonna whoop they muhfuckin asses!!!
[Reply]
Page 1750 of 2687
« First < 750125016501700174017461747174817491750 17511752175317541760180018502250 > Last »
Up