ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1747 of 2687
« First < 747124716471697173717431744174517461747 17481749175017511757179718472247 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
DRM08 12:12 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
That's just insane. Six defenders right there.

He's a prodigy. Football version of Mozart. Been thinking that based on his insane throws/plays all the way back to 2014 when he was 19 years old.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:56 AM 01-14-2020

[Reply]
jjjayb 02:03 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
That's just insane. Six defenders right there.
But don't you know he can only make that throw that NOBODY in the league would have even attempted because "he's got all the weapons". So tired of hearing that crap. It's not like other great QB's didn't have weapons. It's not like he hasn't had fantastic games with the likes of Robinson, Pringle or even Albert fucking Wilson.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 05:56 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
He's a prodigy. Football version of Mozart. Been thinking that based on his insane throws/plays all the way back to 2014 when he was 19 years old.
It never gets old watching what this young man can do on the field
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:33 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by KS Smitty:
I think this game can put to rest the Mahomes has regressed talk. This game showed he can still take the offense down the field and score in a short amount of time. It also shows, in retrospect, how much he's matured as a QB this past season by taking what is given by opposing Ds without relying on his shootout capabilities. Love our QB!
Anyone who said he had regressed was just looking at stat sheets and not the games. He is a way way better QB this year.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:47 AM 01-14-2020
That's twice now that Mahomes has been compared to Mozart!
[Reply]
CervezaChill 07:28 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
But don't you know he can only make that throw that NOBODY in the league would have even attempted because "he's got all the weapons". So tired of hearing that crap. It's not like other great QB's didn't have weapons. It's not like he hasn't had fantastic games with the likes of Robinson, Pringle or even Albert ****ing Wilson.
Yep, the weapon that’s it. Or maybe it’s Andy Reid. Oh wait, better yet, the year he sat behind Alex Smith. That must be why he is doing well. Not because he is just better at his craft than everyone else. That’s boring no one wants to hear that.
[Reply]
Danguardace 08:32 AM 01-14-2020

Patrick Mahomes girlfriend doesn't seem annoying pic.twitter.com/dca9STjiFG

— ESPN Drunk (@EspnDrunk) 13 January 2020

[Reply]
neblo 08:50 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Danguardace:

Great that reminds me to order my Kentucky Derby tickets (stolen)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:06 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Patrick has some nice feet I'll bet...

Every Monday after a win I just get people to bring me mindless busy work to do so I can ingest as much Chiefs content as possible. I had that up when it was going on and I gotta say, that little clip from McAfee was outstanding.

When he points out that a lot of fake punts get called/killed, it really gave a new level of understanding on some of those plays. For instance, I'm killing Winchester for the gack job against NE like "Well what the fuck man? Why didn't you know they called a fake?"

Okay - well maybe they have called for a fake punt 6 times this year and killed every one of them. And maybe he thought he heard a kill on that call (or maybe he was partially responsible for the read that would've given it).

And if anyone's gonna know that, it'll be McAfee.

Just a really good guest to have on there and it kinda lets Bill O'Brien off the hook a little. If that was a 'go with it if it's there' call, it's completely defensible. Hell, I think it was defensible anyway. But as Reid is surveying the field he HAS to see Sorensen spying him. If so, how can he not have killed out of that play? At that point, blaming BoB for the blown fake punt isn't terribly dissimilar to blaming Andy for the drops early in the game.

When your players fuck up, they fuck up. They clearly should've checked out of that fake and didn't. It was a ballsy play with an escape hatch for the Texans and there's very little BoB can do when his players simply vapor-lock.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:09 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Every Monday after a win I just get people to bring me mindless busy work to do so I can ingest as much Chiefs content as possible. I had that up when it was going on and I gotta say, that little clip from McAfee was outstanding.

When he points out that a lot of fake punts get called/killed, it really gave a new level of understanding on some of those plays. For instance, I'm killing Winchester for the gack job against NE like "Well what the **** man? Why didn't you know they called a fake?"

Okay - well maybe they have called for a fake punt 6 times this year and killed every one of them. And maybe he thought he heard a kill on that call (or maybe he was partially responsible for the read that would've given it).

Just a really good guest to have on there and it kinda lets Bill O'Brien off the hook a little. If that was a 'go with it if it's there' call, it's completely defensible. Hell, I think it was defensible anyway. But as Reid is surveying the field he HAS to see Sorensen spying him. If so, how can he not have killed out of that play? At that point, blaming BoB for the blown fake punt isn't terribly dissimilar to blaming Andy for the drops early in the game.

When your players **** up, they **** up. They clearly should've checked out of that fake and didn't. It was a ballsy play with an escape hatch for the Texans and there's very little BoB can do when his players simply vapor-lock.
I'd be willing to bet a really expensive cup of coffee that Reid simply thought there was no way Dirty Daniel ****ing Sorenson was going to run him down before he got the 1st down. And he was wrong.
[Reply]
Molitoth 09:11 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

When he points out that a lot of fake punts get called/killed, it really gave a new level of understanding on some of those plays. For instance, I'm killing Winchester for the gack job against NE like "Well what the fuck man? Why didn't you know they called a fake?"

When your players fuck up, they fuck up. They clearly should've checked out of that fake and didn't. It was a ballsy play with an escape hatch for the Texans and there's very little BoB can do when his players simply vapor-lock.
Good take.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:11 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
This is basically a meme that needs no words. Priceless.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:20 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I'd be willing to bet a really expensive cup of coffee that Reid simply thought there was no way Dirty Daniel ****ing Sorenson was going to run him down before he got the 1st down. And he was wrong.
That's be my guess as well.

I meant to include the possibility of raw arrogance in there and forgot to as I was typing it.

Yeah, I'm betting he saw Sorensen on the other side and thought "I'm just gonna beat him to the edge..."

The myth of "Dirty Dan: Scrappy White Hustler" strikes again. People have been calling that guy a stiff box safety for his entire career and treating him like Rich Scanlon. The guy's actually damn athletic and that's why he's been among our better playmakers for years.

Reid looked across the line, saw the white special teams guy with an undeserved rep of being unathletic, and thought he was gonna just run right by him.

In either event, BoB almost certainly gave his team a way out and be it incompetence or raw hubris, Reid botched the decision.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:31 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
That's twice now that Mahomes has been compared to Mozart!
oh man can you wait for the amadeus parody

[Reply]
Page 1747 of 2687
« First < 747124716471697173717431744174517461747 17481749175017511757179718472247 > Last »
Up