ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime?
Bruce Lee 264 62.56%
Mike Tyson 158 37.44%
Voters: 422. You may not vote on this poll
Page 52 of 82
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Who Would Win in a Fight Between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson?
rico 04:37 PM 03-17-2012
Alright Planeteers, I've been arguing on message boards with people about this off and on for a couple years now and I want to get CP's input on it. The question is this: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime? Let's hear it!
[Reply]
redfan 10:26 AM 01-26-2016
Originally Posted by KC native:
Just realized I never voted in this ridiculous poll.

Tyson would murder Lee.
And get DQ'd. Lee wins!
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 10:36 AM 01-26-2016
No contest. Chuck Norris wins.
[Reply]
OldSchool 10:38 AM 01-26-2016
Originally Posted by Saul Good:
Yes you should have. 70% of this place thinks a tiny actor who never really fought could beat Mike freaking Tyson...because of some super lightning fast karate shit that is so rad that he'd kick Tyson in the head before Mike could even touch him and OMG it would be sweet!

In reality, the actor would get stomped because there's nothing inherently special about martial arts, hitting people is hitting people, and Tyson was the best at it (not to mention bigger, stronger, and more experienced).
While I don't think Lee could have beat Tyson simply due to the fact that Tyson is simply bigger, stronger, and still a damn fast puncher, you're selling Lee way short by calling him a simple actor. The dude was a premier martial artist, first and foremost, with skills that would have translated well to the MMA of today. His speed, quickness, striking power, hand eye coordination, etc, would have made him a great pound for pound champ.
[Reply]
rico 02:14 PM 01-26-2016
Originally Posted by redhed:
Lee had spatial prowess.
Tyson would have zero chance.
Have you guys heard of ninjas?
Well, Lee was like a ninja, but more.
I guess you are right. Ninjas are really tough in street fights as proven in the NES game, Ninja Gaiden.
[Reply]
Saul Good 02:25 PM 01-26-2016
Originally Posted by rico:
I guess you are right. Ninjas are really tough in street fights as proven in the NES game, Ninja Gaiden.
Yes, but boxers who own tigers can fly around the ring as proven in NES game, Mike Tyson's Punchout.
[Reply]
Msmith 02:40 PM 01-26-2016
The question is whether Tyson can take Lee's jabs before he corners Lee for a kill.
[Reply]
rico 02:53 PM 01-26-2016
Originally Posted by Msmith:
The question is whether Tyson can take Lee's jabs before he corners Lee for a kill.
That "bob and weave" approach may work against professional boxers who never use jabs, but not against a legit Beverly Hills Ninja like Bruce Lee!!!! He'd be too fast, too fast, too fast!!!
[Reply]
Toby Waller 02:57 PM 01-26-2016
Is recess over? Who's the 6th grader that made this topic?
Batman would kick both their asses
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:02 PM 01-26-2016
Originally Posted by rico:
I should have made this a public poll. GOD DAMMIT I should have made it a public poll. I want to know who you all are. You know who you are, the errrrr...70 freaking percent!!!!!!! WTFWTFWTF
People should have to screen capture their vote (with the little italics at the name).

Because this still remains one of the most absurd poll results on this site.

I feel like there are two or three versions of this thread that don't all have polls and for some reason the consensus remains that Mike Tyson was some lumbering idiot that would just let Bruce Lee kick him in the knees or Tyson's knees would explode if he did get kicked in them.

Tyson was a force of nature with speed and power unlike anybody we've ever seen, IMO. Tyson in his prime would wreck any fighter out there. He was a friggen killer.
[Reply]
rico 03:03 PM 01-26-2016
Originally Posted by smellypitts:
Is recess over? Who's the 6th grader that made this topic?
Batman would kick both their asses
You are right, not making this a public poll was a 6th grade mistake!!!
[Reply]
Saul Good 03:17 PM 01-26-2016
How is Lee going to out jab someone with a 6" reach advantage?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:25 PM 01-26-2016
Google "Mike Tyson and Reggie Gross" and you'll have your answer.

Tyson almost certainly wouldn't 'take' very many of Lee's jabs. He'd dodge a fair amount of them, step back froma few more, absorb a handful and then put his fist through the back of Lee's head.
[Reply]
Halfcan 03:31 PM 01-26-2016
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
People should have to screen capture their vote (with the little italics at the name).

Because this still remains one of the most absurd poll results on this site.

I feel like there are two or three versions of this thread that don't all have polls and for some reason the consensus remains that Mike Tyson was some lumbering idiot that would just let Bruce Lee kick him in the knees or Tyson's knees would explode if he did get kicked in them.

Tyson was a force of nature with speed and power unlike anybody we've ever seen, IMO. Tyson in his prime would wreck any fighter out there. He was a friggen killer.
Yep I heard all of this hype right before this fight.
[Reply]
rico 03:34 PM 01-26-2016
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Yep I heard all of this hype right before this fight.
Buster Douglas would beat Bruce Lee's ass as well. Talk about a dude who could jab!!!
[Reply]
Pablo 03:35 PM 01-26-2016
Bruce Lee was 5'7" and 135 pounds. Two inches taller and 30 pounds lighter than your average American woman.
[Reply]
Page 52 of 82
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662 > Last »
Up