ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime?
Bruce Lee 264 62.56%
Mike Tyson 158 37.44%
Voters: 422. You may not vote on this poll
Page 16 of 82
« First < 61213141516 171819202666 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Who Would Win in a Fight Between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson?
rico 04:37 PM 03-17-2012
Alright Planeteers, I've been arguing on message boards with people about this off and on for a couple years now and I want to get CP's input on it. The question is this: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime? Let's hear it!
[Reply]
rico 07:02 AM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
I posted before reading this thread...

You guys are hilarious.
Hahahaha....hahahaha.....Why????

[Reply]
Rausch 07:04 AM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by rico:
Hahahaha....hahahaha.....Why????

I resemble-ment that...
[Reply]
rico 07:07 AM 01-29-2014
What makes you think Bruce Lee was even the best Wing Chun guy, let alone the best in the entire world?

I mean seriously what is this all based on? He was in movies and taught it to famous people?
BOOM shaka-laka cus' the shaka-laka goes BOOM. Lee was a talented Hollywood guy...had a lot of charisma...shit, his son did too...if it weren't for The Crow, Brandon Lee would still be kickin.' The Crow is an awesome movie....and Brandon Lee aint kickin.' Neither is his daddy-McPoppypants....because they are both dead, yo.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:26 AM 01-29-2014
What makes you think Bruce Lee was even the best Wing Chun guy, let alone the best in the entire world?

I mean seriously what is this all based on? He was in movies and taught it to famous people?
He was no Chuck Norris, that's for sure.
[Reply]
Rausch 07:27 AM 01-29-2014
...if it weren't for The Crow, Brandon Lee would still be kickin.'
Careful there...
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 07:41 AM 01-29-2014
MMA is poop

Tyson
[Reply]
rico 07:45 AM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He was no Chuck Norris, that's for sure.
I would put Lee mehhhh....about the same slot as I would put Norris and.......KAREEM ABDULLAH-JABBAR-KcDERKA-DERKAPANTS!!!!!!

fUCK, I AM WASTED.
[Reply]
rico 07:50 AM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Careful there...
Oh shit....sorry, y'alls.....did Brandon Lee.....not die?????

Well he did...after his father.

I don't care whether he did or didn't.... I love the soundtrack. LOVE YOU, TRENT!!!! That band, Medicine, was cool as hell. Trent's cover of Joy Division's Dead Souls was cool too.
[Reply]
FRCDFED 07:58 AM 01-29-2014
I don't really think Tyson cared much for the rules. If he could have broken every one of them and gotten away with every one of them, he would have broken them....just as he would break every bone in Bruce Lee's body if those two were to fight.
This X infinity! Lee was a great martial artist but keep in mind, the side of Bruce Lee that was seen by the public was ACTING!
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:04 AM 01-29-2014
I would put Lee mehhhh....about the same slot as I would put Norris and.......KAREEM ABDULLAH-JABBAR-KcDERKA-DERKAPANTS!!!!!!

fUCK, I AM WASTED.
:-)
[Reply]
Dayze 08:14 AM 01-29-2014
one fight I would like to see is Foreman in his prime against Tyson. Both have devastating punches.

as far as a fight between them, IMO
Pros for Foreman - A Jab that was almost as strong as most fighters hooks. His body punches could kill a man. Long Jab. Tough jaw.
Cons for Foreman - Tall against Tyson. Slower head movement

Pros for Tike Myson - Short, quick hooks. Deadly uppercuts. quick head movement. Being short?
Cons for Tike Myson - Being short? Short jabs, could be harder to get inside of Foreman. Has Tyson ever been hit by a huge punch? (not being sarcastic, just trying to remember one).

I would LOVE to see that fight.
[Reply]
J Diddy 08:15 AM 01-29-2014
Buster Douglas the whole thing.
[Reply]
blaise 08:19 AM 01-29-2014
Bruce Lee could not knock out Mike Tyson. You ever watch a boxing match with guys the size of Bruce Lee? They land like 150 punches to the face and there's no K.O. most of the time.
And one Tyson punch basically anywhere on Lee's body would inflict serious pain.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:25 AM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by Dayze:
one fight I would like to see is Foreman in his prime against Tyson. Both have devastating punches.

as far as a fight between them, IMO
Pros for Foreman - A Jab that was almost as strong as most fighters hooks. His body punches could kill a man. Long Jab. Tough jaw.
Cons for Foreman - Tall against Tyson. Slower head movement

Pros for Tike Myson - Short, quick hooks. Deadly uppercuts. quick head movement. Being short?
Cons for Tike Myson - Being short? Short jabs, could be harder to get inside of Foreman. Has Tyson ever been hit by a huge punch? (not being sarcastic, just trying to remember one).

I would LOVE to see that fight.
Being short was a BIG advantage for Tyson. His height (and arm length) were directly proportional to the short powerful punches he threw. He always had upward leverage because everybody was taller than he was.

As for whether or not Tyson ever took a huge punch, watch the last few rounds of the Buster Douglas fight. He took more than 1 in that fight alone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9thIYw6yirY
[Reply]
VAChief 08:31 AM 01-29-2014
I'm sure you probably came to this conclusion after watching Enter the Dragon opposed to actually watching him participate in a competitive professional fight. Brilliant.
When I was about 6 years old I had just finished watching one of those cheesy Elvis Presley movies where he beats the crap out of everyone and I asked my dad..."Is Elvis the toughest guy in the world." I remember my dad looking at me like WTF?
[Reply]
Page 16 of 82
« First < 61213141516 171819202666 > Last »
Up