ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime?
Bruce Lee 264 62.56%
Mike Tyson 158 37.44%
Voters: 422. You may not vote on this poll
Page 11 of 82
« First < 7891011 121314152161 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Who Would Win in a Fight Between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson?
rico 04:37 PM 03-17-2012
Alright Planeteers, I've been arguing on message boards with people about this off and on for a couple years now and I want to get CP's input on it. The question is this: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime? Let's hear it!
[Reply]
burt 01:44 PM 03-18-2012
Originally Posted by ricoswaff:
Man, I'm starting to assume that 90% of the posters on this board could beat Bruce Lee's ass. A lot of TOUGH mofos on here... well, at least I assume they are
TOUGH given some of their posts. Man, if I can just stick it out for a few more years, I can be a TOUGH mofo also! I can't wait!
I am about to go Tyson up side your head, little fuuzy peach man n00b!

j/k as I was in my last post!
[Reply]
rico 01:45 PM 03-18-2012
Originally Posted by burt:
Um.....actually, for a time, NO ONE had a chance against him. Until Cus died then Tyson got sideways.
Tyson appeared untouchable around the time he fought Berbick and Spinks.
[Reply]
burt 01:52 PM 03-18-2012
Rudiments appeared untouchable around the time he fought Berbick and Spinks.
Before the Spinks Tyson fight, I believed Spinks would win. He had a significant reach advantage and EVERY punch Tyson threw his elbow was lockd in a 445 degree angle(powerful and destructive). If I was Spinks manager, I woulda had Spinks running 5 miles a day backward, throwing jabs. But alas, Spinks had no such strategy and was only in it for a payday.
[Reply]
trndobrd 01:54 PM 03-18-2012
Tale of the Tape:

Tyson is around 5' 10" and weighed in around 215 during his prime. Lee was 5' 7" and around 145. Lee would give up 75lbs but only a few inches in reach.

Assuming a no-rules fight I think Lee has an 80% chance of winning.

70% probability: Tyson comes at Lee in boxers stance, Lee sidekick to Tyson knee or groin. Fight over.

10% probability: Tyson comes at Lee. Lee's side kick misses entirely. Tyson closes the distance and lands a combination. Fight over.

10% probability: Tyson comes at Lee. Lee side kicks and connects, but fails to deliver shot directly on knee or groin. Lee keeps Tyson at bay with kicks until Tyson bull rushes, Lee knees Tyson or gains control of a limb and breaks it. Fight over.

10% probability: Tyson comes at Lee. Lee side kicks and connects, but fails to deliver shot directly on knee or groin. Lee keeps Tyson at bay with kicks until Tyson bull rushes. Tyson catches Lee with an uppercut. Fight over.

Bottom line, Tyson has to close the distance to overcome Lee's kicking ability. Tyson has no experience defending himself from kicks below his waist.
[Reply]
rico 01:55 PM 03-18-2012
Originally Posted by burt:
Before the Spinks Tyson fight, I believed Spinks would win. He had a significant reach advantage and EVERY punch Tyson threw his elbow was lockd in a 445 degree angle(powerful and destructive). If I was Spinks manager, I woulda had Spinks running 5 miles a day backward, throwing jabs. But alas, Spinks had no such strategy and was only in it for a payday.
I have no idea how this auto word thing on my phone substituted "rudiments" when I was trying to type "Tyson."
[Reply]
burt 01:57 PM 03-18-2012
I have no idea how this auto word thing on my phone substituted "rudiments" when I was trying to type "Tyson."
Bullshit. You just really misspelled Tyson, admit it.
[Reply]
burt 02:01 PM 03-18-2012
Originally Posted by trndobrd:
Tyson has no experience defending himself from kicks below his waist.
But Tyson DOES have years of bull rushing in, bobbing enough to make professional boxers pucnes glance off of him ineffectively. Tyson would be difficult to land a decent blow to, feet or hands, as he bull rushed in, throwing short hooks and uppercuts. IN HIS PRIME.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:21 PM 03-18-2012
Tyson keeps getting pimped like he's some great champ.

He's not.

He wouldn't take an Ali, Foreman, Frazier, or Joe Lewis.

Tyson had absolutely no technique, skill, or strategy in the ring. HE was a frothing pit bull...
[Reply]
Ebolapox 02:38 PM 03-18-2012
a few points of contention...

1) instead of saying 'ass' or 'butt,' you go to the trouble to type "(_|_)" ...this is completely retarded.

2) haven't heard about whether tyson had any grappling/wrestling training. it's highly unlikely, though, given his upbringing/background. he only got into boxing after being sent to juvenile detention/ boy's school. this part of his life is well documented, with NO mention of 'grappling/wrestling' training.

3) your avatar is retarded.

4) you are retarded.

5) this thread is offensive to all of mankind, second only in scope to the holocaust. you should be ashamed of yourself.

6) sex with your mother > brady quinn > matt cassel > sex with your sister > this thread > your retarded use of (_|_) > you.

7) Die in an aidsfire you cocksucking maggot piece of shit, drink a gallon of antifreeze while gargling your father's testicles. I am a draftabulator and the smartest person on the fucking planet you piece of assnugget rabes mouth-breathing shit.

8) wait, what?
[Reply]
CoMoChief 02:50 PM 03-18-2012
Bruce Lee was about 140lbs.

Do you realize how small that is?!?!? :-)

I think I weighed more than that in 6th grade.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 02:50 PM 03-18-2012
Originally Posted by H5N1:
a few points of contention...

1) instead of saying 'ass' or 'butt,' you go to the trouble to type "(_|_)" ...this is completely retarded.

2) haven't heard about whether tyson had any grappling/wrestling training. it's highly unlikely, though, given his upbringing/background. he only got into boxing after being sent to juvenile detention/ boy's school. this part of his life is well documented, with NO mention of 'grappling/wrestling' training.

3) your avatar is retarded.

4) you are retarded.

5) this thread is offensive to all of mankind, second only in scope to the holocaust. you should be ashamed of yourself.

6) sex with your mother > brady quinn > matt cassel > sex with your sister > this thread > your retarded use of (_|_) > you.

7) Die in an aidsfire you cocksucking maggot piece of shit, drink a gallon of antifreeze while gargling your father's testicles. I am a draftabulator and the smartest person on the ****ing planet you piece of assnugget rabes mouth-breathing shit.

8) wait, what?
:-)
[Reply]
pr_capone 02:54 PM 03-18-2012
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Tyson was all talent and no technique...
:-)

I agree with 98% of what you post. This is the 2%.
[Reply]
listopencil 03:14 PM 03-18-2012
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Tyson keeps getting pimped like he's some great champ.

He's not.

He wouldn't take an Ali, Foreman, Frazier, or Joe Lewis.

Tyson had absolutely no technique, skill, or strategy in the ring. HE was a frothing pit bull...

Yep. Very true. He was not a skilled fighter at all.
[Reply]
The Iron Chief 03:19 PM 03-18-2012
Is this really even in question?

Both my sons are closing in on their black belts and I can tell you I could pick many of their teachers that could kick his a$$.
It might take them a minute to penetrate his thick skull or a few more hits than the average joe but were talking Bruce Lee here.. this is a no brainer.

The only way Tyson wins is if the high level black belt has a complete and total brain lock for a moment and Tyson gets one of his patented hay makers in right to the head.

In fact I can think of one or two of my sons Lady teachers/masters that I'd place money on.

This argument should last all of 1 minute not days.

To any of us that take part in the Karate world at all know size is a non issue.
I'm Not going to go so far as to say a child black belt could take on Tyson..I'm saying an adult Master.
[Reply]
burt 03:26 PM 03-18-2012
Originally Posted by H5N1:

8) wait, what?
Attached: NTtks.jpg (68.4 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 11 of 82
« First < 7891011 121314152161 > Last »
Up