ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Nzoner's Game Room>This second quarter scoring spree the Chiefs go on seems suss...
Nickhead 12:25 AM 01-27-2020
does andy script second quarter plays, letting random shit fly in the first?

or is it simply once pat gets past andy's first quarter script, pat takes over? :-)
[Reply]
A Salt Weapon 12:35 AM 01-27-2020
I think they see what the defense is doing and adjust accordingly. I think is a Mahomes thing more than a Reid thing. The kid studies and memorizes defenses, then once the receivers start catching the throws it’s game over.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:49 AM 01-27-2020
I'm rewatching every game this year - losses and wins - leading up to the Superb Owl.

Just mindblowing that we had like 2nd and 12 on our 4 yard line vs. the Raiders with 2:50 left - score 14-10. At :45 left we were up 28-10.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:36 AM 01-27-2020
I think it is a combination of Reid, Mahomes, and Bienemy making adjustments to the defense. Or as was the case in the Texans game, the receivers finally pulled their heads out of their bums and started catching balls.
[Reply]
wachashi 10:03 AM 01-27-2020
There's not a better second quarter team in the league!

OFFENSIVE POINTS PER 2nd QUARTER:

POINTS ALLOWED PER 2nd QUARTER:

[Reply]
bobbything 10:06 AM 01-27-2020
Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon:
I think they see what the defense is doing and adjust accordingly. I think is a Mahomes thing more than a Reid thing. The kid studies and memorizes defenses, then once the receivers start catching the throws it’s game over.
It's possible but those first three plays of the AFCCG looked about as "do this and nothing but this" as anything I've seen from them since the infamous "Throw this to Blake Bell and Blake Bell ONLY" play.

Regardless, I would at least agree that the first few series are relatively "conservative" just to see what the defense is doing.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 10:42 AM 01-27-2020
This is my feeling, as well. I believe Andy and Mahomes both said after the AFCCG that the first series they wanted to see how the Titans reacted and handled what they were showing them and then adjusted.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:43 AM 01-27-2020
It's both of them. They script a bunch of plays to gauge the defense and look at their tendencies.

By the way, the defense does something similar under Spags and as we've seen over the last 8 weeks or so, he's very good at it as well.
[Reply]
Up