ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 415 of 460
« First < 315365405411412413414415 416417418419425 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:38 AM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
That was Cam Smith on Saturday - couldn't hit a putt to save his soul until #18. Then, that dude took off like a rocket. His game is absolutely perfect for St. Andrews. He keeps the ball in play and he can putt like a God.
The GF was going for that Cameron - I was going for Joe dirt
[Reply]
scho63 08:50 AM 07-19-2022
I don't get the hate for guys taking guaranteed money and going to the LIV Tour.

Guys are getting BIG bucks that could take them years of winning to get that much.

I think 99.9% of you would do the same.
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:56 AM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
I don't get the hate for guys taking guaranteed money and going to the LIV Tour.

Guys are getting BIG bucks that could take them years of winning to get that much.

I think 99.9% of you would do the same.
I don't care what they do. If they want to play 54-hole exhibition golf and get filthy rich, go for it. But, it's nothing more than the Saudi Circus League. The Saudis' will eventually get tired of losing billions per year (even though that's meaningless to them) when they realize it's doing nothing to change their image.
[Reply]
scho63 09:00 AM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I don't care what they do. If they want to play 54-hole exhibition golf and get filthy rich, go for it. But, it's nothing more than the Saudi Circus League. The Saudis' will eventually get tired of losing billions per year (even though that's meaningless to them) when they realize it's doing nothing to change their image.
If it winds up collapsing or goes nowhere and these guys are left hanging so be it. Then that is the downside of their choice.

But like EVERYTHING today, people want to pick one side and vilify the other.

I love the PGA Tour but I'm curious to see new courses and new tournaments.

This may work or it could be like Arena Football.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:19 AM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Putting. The dumbest thing about golf.
[Reply]
O.city 09:34 AM 07-19-2022
Rory getting talked about being a choke artist in a tourney he set the all time scoring record in a major and lost.
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:52 AM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Putting. The dumbest thing about golf.
Explain please.
[Reply]
philfree 10:02 AM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Explain please.
BWillie can't putt.

My putting sucks but it only shows me the importance of putting.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:30 AM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Rory getting talked about being a choke artist in a tourney he set the all time scoring record in a major and lost.
I was just watching the Greg Norman 30 for 30 last night. Rory clearly isn't as big a choker as him, but there are some parallels there (he's never won the Masters, he had his own Masters collapse shooting an 80 with a four stroke lead on Sunday, a huge major drought of 8 years in the prime of his career, etc.). Now he's already got 4 majors which is a great career, but with all his talent, he should have had more by now.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:48 AM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by philfree:
BWillie can't putt.

My putting sucks but it only shows me the importance of putting.
Correct. And its dumb. Boring to watch. Why should it really be a skill? Just put circles around hole. Inside 6 feet, auto one putt. Outside of it 2 putt. No 3 putts for anyone! Think of how much faster golf would be.

I hit 16/18 GIR in my club championship. Shot 76. 38 putts. Just cuz I miss 3 footers. Rory, Sergio strike the golf ball great. I want ball strikers rewarded. Not Patrick Reeds or Brad Faxons. Oh cool, ur good at not missing from 5 feet. Who gives a shit. I wanna see Rory send the ball into the abyss or Morikawa stuff iron after iron.
[Reply]
R Clark 12:36 PM 07-19-2022
Correct. And its dumb. Boring to watch. Why should it really be a skill? Just put circles around hole. Inside 6 feet, auto one putt. Outside of it 2 putt. No 3 putts for anyone! Think of how much faster golf would be.

I hit 16/18 GIR in my club championship. Shot 76. 38 putts. Just cuz I miss 3 footers. Rory, Sergio strike the golf ball great. I want ball strikers rewarded. Not Patrick Reeds or Brad Faxons. Oh cool, ur good at not missing from 5 feet. Who gives a shit. I wanna see Rory send the ball into the abyss or Morikawa stuff iron after iron.
Not a golfer but this sounds like a dumbass idea
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:41 PM 07-19-2022
I’m with Willie, I want ball striking more rewarded. My fave golfer Serge gave me 20 years of frustration watching him lose putt-putt contests
[Reply]
philfree 12:59 PM 07-19-2022

LOL it's one of many aspects of the game and it's always been the most important part of the game. If you can't get in the hole you suck.

Those knee knockers separate the men from the boys and chokers don't get to win because they're chokers.

You still get to see those things.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 01:57 PM 07-19-2022

Maybe work on 3 foot putts so you aren't terrible at putting?
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:00 PM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Maybe work on 3 foot putts so you aren't terrible at putting?
Putt to a tee
[Reply]
Page 415 of 460
« First < 315365405411412413414415 416417418419425 > Last »
Up