ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 99 of 99
« First < 49899596979899
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
Woogieman 10:44 AM Today
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
There is, or used to be, a huge area just on the north side of 470 and Douglas/Lee's Summit Road that would have been a good spot for stadium and surrounding developments.

I honestly don't care if it's in KCMO or KCKS, as long as it, you guessed it, has a retractable roof. I would prefer it to be in Kansas City, MO, or at least Jackson County, but whatever keeps them in the metro area, with the best option for a new stadium works for me.
The area you mention is already under construction with new apartments, hotels, office, retail, lakes etc. The area along the east side of 470 is wide open, but with little flavor around it.
[Reply]
Woogieman 11:05 AM Today
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
He is one of the worst Mayors this city has ever had. He is more concerned with his Q rating and media exposure instead of running a city while looking out for the city's and the residents' best interests.
Somebody convinced that jagoff he is the next Obama. He literally does nothing but offer occasional sound bites and hold a meaningless press conference; even KC Tenants has publicly stated he has failed in his afforable housing projects. He can't even get more detectives hired like he promised. He's s small-time grifter that pees sitting down
[Reply]
Mecca 11:21 AM Today
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
The area you mention is already under construction with new apartments, hotels, office, retail, lakes etc. The area along the east side of 470 is wide open, but with little flavor around it.
You don't want the stadium on Todd George Rd?
[Reply]
DRM08 02:04 PM Today
Sheesh, lol

Kansas House Rep. Sean Tarwater, chair of the commerce committee, had this message for Missouri voters concerning Question 1: #ksleg #moleg #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/Zuk1mGAp5V

— Nick Sloan (@NickSloanKCK) April 30, 2024

[Reply]
vonBobo 02:14 PM Today
Originally Posted by -King-:
If they don't want a new stadium in the TSC, I don't know where else they can build inside KC city limits if people had such a problem with the downtown Royals stadium.

I also don't see what the legends has that they can't replicate in the TSC. Some outlet stores a movie theater and a couple bar and grills? Maybe it's cause I've lived on the Missouri side basically my whole life but I can't imagine if those same things were at the TSC, people wouldn't rather go there than drive to Kansas.

If Clark matched what Sherman was putting in for the stadium to build a new one and it included some kind of roof, voters would have said yes to the last vote. I just don't get the strategy the Chiefs are using and how the legends are is so appealing if that's what they're threatening the city and county with.
"I just don't get...."
You are refusing to see the reality. If a shopping development would have worked at TSC they would have done it a long long time ago (instead they rebuilt the independence area). What makes you think your hunch is better than the people that do this for a living?

There are two areas better for downtown baseball that the People wanted but the royals took the third option which was what they wanted. There is still room in KC for a stadium that wouldn't infuriate the locals.... "Save our old asbestos warehouses!!!!".
[Reply]
DRM08 02:16 PM Today
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
At the expense of natural grass and open-air for the main attraction? No effin' way. You'd get one SB in your lifetime, probably one FF for a waning sport...no dome, thank you
I would think an older version of Mahomes would prefer to not play in freezing weather. It's a nice advantage against warm weather teams during his prime years. But as he goes beyond age 35, I would guess the dome or retractable roof is much better for him.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 02:17 PM Today
A big, domed, overpriced, artificially turfed, monstrosity filled with rich people and not the common fan that make Arrowhead what it is, way out in the western burbs surrounded by chain retail to suck up the tailgating scene.

What a dream.

Can’t believe so many clowns on this board are actually cheering for it to happen. I mean it’s probably inevitable, but the game day experience is about to get so much worse for the common fan.

What a bummer.
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:27 PM Today
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
A big, domed, overpriced, artificially turfed, monstrosity filled with rich people and not the common fan that make Arrowhead what it is, way out in the western burbs surrounded by chain retail to suck up the tailgating scene.

What a dream.

Can’t believe so many clowns on this board are actually cheering for it to happen. I mean it’s probably inevitable, but the game day experience is about to get so much worse for the common fan.

What a bummer.
How many people is that... two? :-)
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:29 PM Today
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
And besides those events, they would only need a roof like once a decade when the wind chill is -30⁰ or there's a 100⁰ September afternoon game or afternoon summer concert.
A dome would make the venue far more attractive to a wider range of year around events.

You could schedule things in winter that you likely wouldn't otherwise.

You could schedule things knowing there is zero chance of rain.

Just saying. Not that I have a dog in this fight.
[Reply]
Pablo 03:03 PM Today
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:

What a dream.

What a bummer.
:-)

Maybe they can build a FCA building and a Taco Bell to emulate the gameday experience you'll be missing.

Oh that's right, you won't be making the trip because it's in Kansas! Too bad, so sad!
[Reply]
Page 99 of 99
« First < 49899596979899
Up