ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 320 of 332
« First < 220270310316317318319320 321322323324330 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Rasslin is YES! YES! YES!
Reaper16 09:58 AM 04-08-2014
Last thread has well over 10,000 replies. Its body is breaking down like The Undertaker's. Seeing as we might have crossed the threshold into a new era in the business, here's a fresh new thread.

[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:02 AM 04-08-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Don't know if you guys watched the post event press conference, but Nick Khan apparently tracked down the Rolex Dusty pawned off to send Cody to acting school and presented it to him after he got backstage.
I watched part of it, but didn’t hear that.

That’s awesome.

The entire WWE seems legitimately happy for Cody.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:04 AM 04-08-2024
Don't know if you guys watched the post event press conference, but Nick Khan apparently tracked down the Rolex Dusty pawned off to send Cody to acting school and presented it to him after he got backstage.
I'd better see it on the A&E show where Mick Foley barters for it.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:23 AM 04-08-2024
Nah. He still needs a month or two of dealing with Rock after Reigns gets booted from the Bloodline.
Outside of maybe tonight, you're not gonna see the Rock again for a long time.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:49 AM 04-08-2024
There was a lot of narrative cohesion in that match that I didn't pick up on having only watched intermittently since 2010 or so.

Seth, who turned on the Shield and cost Roman at 31 comes out in Shield gear, and when Roman has the chance to finish Cody with the chair, he turns and hits him in the same spot Seth hit him. Seth falls the same way Roman did when betrayed, and that delay allows Cody to recover enough to counter and finish him.

Thus, Seth's initial betrayal creates a need for Roman to surround himself with blood, act as a dictator, but when faced with the biggest threat to his reign, he chooses vengeance, which costs him the title.

That's as sophisticated an arc as I've seen them do by a fair margin.
[Reply]
Jerm 10:51 AM 04-08-2024
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
There was a lot of narrative cohesion in that match that I didn't pick up on having only watched intermittently since 2010 or so.

Seth, who turned on the Shield and cost Roman at 31 comes out in Shield gear, and when Roman has the chance to finish Cody with the chair, he turns and hits him in the same spot Seth hit him. Seth falls the same way Roman did when betrayed, and that delay allows Cody to recover enough to counter and finish him.

Thus, Seth's initial betrayal creates a need for Roman to surround himself with blood, act as a dictator, but when faced with the biggest threat to his reign, he chooses vengeance, which costs him the title.

That's as sophisticated an arc as I've seen them do by a fair margin.
Seth even cut a promo earlier in the feud where he told Cody he'd be his "shield"....so good.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:24 AM 04-08-2024
Plus, Cody tried multiple times to hit Roman with the Triple Cross Rhodes.

Even at Mania 39. Then Roman said you can’t beat anyone with that move when he used it on Cody.

Cody finally got Roman with it and won. So, Cody didn’t beat Roman with something he’d kicked out of before.

Little details like that really help.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 11:47 AM 04-08-2024
The only question I have is what do you do with Gunther? Trade Orton over to RAW so Gunther can get the rub of winning a feud against Orton?
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:52 AM 04-08-2024
I’d kind of like to see Randy go after Cody but that’s just me.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:58 AM 04-08-2024
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
The only question I have is what do you do with Gunther? Trade Orton over to RAW so Gunther can get the rub of winning a feud against Orton?
A LOT of people would pay to see Gunther chop the shit out of Logan Paul and take his belt.

Doesn’t do much for Gunther, since he’s probably ready to chase a higher title. US title is probably a baby step down from the inter continental title.

Gunther vs Priest could be fun.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:00 PM 04-08-2024
Bron Breakker probably isn't going to go after any major title until Wrestlemania 41. Honestly, he probably should've been the one to dethrone Gunther.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:01 PM 04-08-2024
Bron Breakker probably isn't going to go after any major title until Wrestlemania 41. Honestly, he probably should've been the one to dethrone Gunther.
I wasn’t a fan of Gunther losing his title at the same event (albeit a different night) as Roman.

Gunther’s reign ending is really an afterthought right now.

Summerslam would’ve been better.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:05 PM 04-08-2024
Always seems to pan out that way at least. Have an emotional climax at each Wrestlemania with a 0 (Benoit and Guerrero, Daniel Bryan, and now Cody Rhodes), and then each Wrestlemania with a 1 they strap the rocket to the next generation of main eventers (Cena and Batista, Reigns and Rollins)
[Reply]
Jerm 12:06 PM 04-08-2024
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
For me he's the guy to take the title eventually of Cody...right now though? I don't really know.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:11 PM 04-08-2024
Nah. Nothing against Gunther, but he tops out as a secondary world title kind of guy. Maybe a program with Cody but that's it. As fun as he is to watch as a wrestler there's just not much I can see them doing to make him the lead horse.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:56 PM 04-08-2024
Really good interview here. Actually acknowledges AEW a lot more than I thought he would, and a certain someone as well.

[Reply]
Page 320 of 332
« First < 220270310316317318319320 321322323324330 > Last »
Up