ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 11
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What if the refs called a penalty on Sorensen
notorious 08:48 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Someone help me because I really don't know the answer. Let's say the play is exactly the same - helmet to helmet hit, ball fumbled into end zone & out of bounds - only difference is that they call the helmet to helmet penalty on Sorenson. Where is the ball placed and who has it?
It’s essentially a 1” penalty.
[Reply]
Mav 09:26 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Someone help me because I really don't know the answer. Let's say the play is exactly the same - helmet to helmet hit, ball fumbled into end zone & out of bounds - only difference is that they call the helmet to helmet penalty on Sorenson. Where is the ball placed and who has it?
It would of been added on to the end of the run. The play essentially stops where the foul occurred meaning the fumble would have never happened. First and goal at the one. Doesn’t matter. Wasn’t called, Browns lost. Go win another super bowl. 🤙
[Reply]
warrior 09:01 AM 01-18-2021
The what ifs I remember them well lol
[Reply]
stevieray 09:03 AM 01-18-2021
What if the LB gets called for a horse collar on Mahomes.?
[Reply]
joethomas 09:06 AM 01-18-2021
Why does anyone care what "Browns fans are aruging"?

It's stupid that a player can go in with their shoulder and if the runner moves in a certain way so that the defender's helmet gets them instead, it's a penalty on the defender. That's the rule that ought to be changed. If the runner goes to the ground, lowers his own head, or is diving that it's not a foul because it's not the fault of the defender and there's no way for a defender to make the play in that situation.

But anyway, who cares what "Browns fans are arguing"?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:18 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by joethomas:
Why does anyone care what "Browns fans are aruging"?

It's stupid that a player can go in with their shoulder and if the runner moves in a certain way so that the defender's helmet gets them instead, it's a penalty on the defender. That's the rule that ought to be changed. If the runner goes to the ground, lowers his own head, or is diving that it's not a foul because it's not the fault of the defender and there's no way for a defender to make the play in that situation.

But anyway, who cares what "Browns fans are arguing"?
I really don't care except that it creates this false narrative that this was a close game. As if this flipped penalty would have turned around the Chiefs throttling the browns. And it takes away from mahomes' masterful performance. What turned the game around was mahomes injury not this overturned td, and very good chance that if the browns score this td mahomes never gets hurt.
[Reply]
vonBobo 01:29 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I really don't care except that it creates this false narrative that this was a close game. As if this flipped penalty would have turned around the Chiefs throttling the browns. And it takes away from mahomes' masterful performance. What turned the game around was mahomes injury not this overturned td, and very good chance that if the browns score this td mahomes never gets hurt.
Did you not see the gruff that the cheatriot fans have taken over the years? This is just part of being the best and something we have to get used to.
Patrick is going to break a lot of hearts and it isn't going to be pretty.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 09:21 AM 01-18-2021
What if my aunt had a Willy? She’d be my uncle!
[Reply]
joethomas 09:21 AM 01-18-2021
I think you must not have watched the same game the rest of us did.
[Reply]
redfan 09:42 AM 01-18-2021
If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass a-hoppin'!
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 09:52 AM 01-18-2021
What else was Sorensen supposed to do? The opposing player is diving head first. He wasn't a defenseless player. He's just trying to make a play for his team. Not a dirty hit.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:29 AM 01-18-2021
They lost a TD (maybe), we lost Mahomes.

I think it’s safe to say between the two of those plays, Cleveland got the better deal.

Give Cleveland that TD and give us Mahomes for the rest of the game and we still win comfortably and don’t have to sweat it out at the end.

I like Browns fan, but this is a dumb argument from Browns fan.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 10:35 AM 01-18-2021
Is there really anything else that Sorenson could have done? He was trying to keep the Browns player, who was going low, out of the end zone. I personally think that he made a great play. I get player safety. But I still like the play.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:40 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Is there really anything else that Sorenson could have done? He was trying to keep the Browns player, who was going low, out of the end zone. I personally think that he made a great play. I get player safety. But I still like the play.
It's just a dumb fucking argument. Two guys going at the same point like missiles. Shit happens in a contact sport. I bet if you ask Dan what his "intention" was on that play, he would say that it was to get his head on the football.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:51 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
It's just a dumb fucking argument. Two guys going at the same point like missiles. Shit happens in a contact sport. I bet if you ask Dan what his "intention" was on that play, he would say that it was to get his head on the football.
And he has 2-3 strides after the reception to figure it out.

Slow down the game to quarter speed on youtube and play 20/20 hindsight in slow-mo, but unfortunately Sorensen doesn't have the benefit of calling a timeout and weighing his options first.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 11
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up