ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Media Center>I'm going to stab Comcast in the face...
BWillie 10:12 AM 07-07-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Well after calling several times and dealing with several people I finally got a guy who knew what he was talking about...

I ended up changing to a different plan, before I was paying 85 plus 50 for uncapped. Now I upgraded to the gig speed with a no modem and it has unlimited internet and my bill is 80 a month, so I'm happy now.
Glad you didn't have to murder anyone.

:-)
[Reply]
kcxiv 02:06 AM 07-08-2020
I am seriously tired of the ISP bullshit game, data caps are a farce, no competition is a joke, the entire thing is idiotic.
Well after calling several times and dealing with several people I finally got a guy who knew what he was talking about...

I ended up changing to a different plan, before I was paying 85 plus 50 for uncapped. Now I upgraded to the gig speed with a no modem and it has unlimited internet and my bill is 80 a month, so I'm happy now.
nice, glad it worked out for you.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:52 AM 08-04-2020
You know it's like 1 step forward 2 steps back, I'm basically a month in with this new service and I'm fucking frustrated. My last service/modem was for basically 300 down, I always got that speed consistently, no drops always worked no issue.

Now with this one my speeds are all over the fucking place, it drops, my speeds are shit, I have a printer that is online then off then on then off, I'm pissed.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:02 AM 08-04-2020
You know it's like 1 step forward 2 steps back, I'm basically a month in with this new service and I'm fucking frustrated. My last service/modem was for basically 300 down, I always got that speed consistently, no drops always worked no issue.

Now with this one my speeds are all over the fucking place, it drops, my speeds are shit, I have a printer that is online then off then on then off, I'm pissed.
Cable internet is terrible. You are sharing bandwidth with all your neighbors. So when everyone is on, you won't be able to get anywhere near the advertised speeds.

The small print admits to all that, so you have no real recourse.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:16 AM 08-04-2020
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Cable internet is terrible. You are sharing bandwidth with all your neighbors. So when everyone is on, you won't be able to get anywhere near the advertised speeds.

Why is a gigabit modem/router giving me worse speeds than a 300mbps one?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:43 AM 08-04-2020
Why is a gigabit modem/router giving me worse speeds than a 300mbps one?
It's possible it's not the right kind of modem for your cable signal. They're supposed to be backwards compatible but they aren't always foolproof.

Have them replace your cable modem for starters.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:44 AM 08-04-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's possible it's not the right kind of modem for your cable signal. They're supposed to be backwards compatible but they aren't always foolproof.

Have them replace your cable modem for starters.
It's been replaced once....

I'm not super knowledgeable about modems but it's this...

https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/6/21...urity-ces-2020

If you know anything about it that would be great.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 03:35 PM 08-04-2020
I hope you are not so stupid to think that a simple waterproof connection not being waterproof couldn't be the problem. You are responsible for inside your house and Comcast will test it up to that point for free.

You should log the time and dates when you are not getting acceptable service to be taken seriously.

PS Buy the gig service

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:58 AM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
I hope you are not so stupid to think that a simple waterproof connection not being waterproof couldn't be the problem. You are responsible for inside your house and Comcast will test it up to that point for free.

You should log the time and dates when you are not getting acceptable service to be taken seriously.

PS Buy the gig service
What was that babble about? Good God man.

As to service, if you could read and comprehend, you would see above that I have ATT's gigabit fiber service. Get the advertised speeds, have no issues as I always did with cable with slowdowns, and am paying just $60/month all fees included.

BTW, I did let Cox, who is the cable ripoff provider in my city, know times and speeds to no avail. They just pointed to the fine print.

Cable internet SUCKS. Unless your provider is using fiber.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:34 PM 08-05-2020

Interesting. I'm not having that problem. At all. Now I wonder why.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:46 AM 08-04-2020
Could be that it isn't configured correctly.

Are you hard wired, or on wireless?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:50 AM 08-04-2020
Could be that it isn't configured correctly.

Are you hard wired, or on wireless?
Yeah, I noticed that he said he has a printer that keeps disconnecting. Is the printer wireless or wired?

If your modem has a built in wireless router, turn it off. They're generally junk. Have Comcast configure for modem/bridge mode and get your own router. That would be one other general piece of advice I could offer before getting more specific.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:55 AM 08-04-2020
I use both but yea it's the all in one, the thing about the printer is, it's wireless and it connects to one computer fine yet the other one no, even though it worked yesterday.

The way the entire thing works is entirely annoying.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:59 AM 08-04-2020
I use both but yea it's the all in one, the thing about the printer is, it's wireless and it connects to one computer fine yet the other one no, even though it worked yesterday.

The way the entire thing works is entirely annoying.
I've seen that issue before with Netgear wireless routers. Do you have any special characters in your SSID or preshared key (assuming you're using WPA2-PSK)?
[Reply]
Mecca 12:09 PM 08-04-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I've seen that issue before with Netgear wireless routers. Do you have any special characters in your SSID or preshared key (assuming you're using WPA2-PSK)?
I do not
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up