Page 26 of 38
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Hall of Classics>CUT RICH SCANLON NOW!
Ultra Peanut 11:06 AM 12-06-2004
Or I'm selling off my season tickets!
[Reply]
David. 09:26 PM 12-06-2004
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
I bet Kawika Mitchell would whip Scanlon in a fight.
:-) the man WAS thrown from a speeding vehicle and walked away fine.
[Reply]
ROYC75 09:26 PM 12-06-2004
Originally Posted by Vlad Logicslav:
Unlike LJ the evidence on the field says otherwise.
What evidence Jim, other than a few preseason games, nobody outside of Mitchell or Biesel has seen the MLB position.

You can't judge a book until you read it, how can you judge a player until he has played the same amount of reps, for that matter any reps ?
[Reply]
|Zach| 09:27 PM 12-06-2004
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
What evidence Jim, other than a few preseason games, nobody outside of Mitchell or Biesel has seen the MLB position.
Think about this Roy...do you really think this is true?
[Reply]
ROYC75 09:28 PM 12-06-2004
Originally Posted by David.:
:-) the man WAS thrown from a speeding vehicle and walked away fine.
So he was either lucky or blessed from God, depending what you believe .

What does that have to do with playing ability and making tackles ?
[Reply]
ROYC75 09:29 PM 12-06-2004
Originally Posted by ZachKC:
Think about this Roy...do you really think this is true?

Yes, who else has played MLB in any games this year ?
[Reply]
David. 09:29 PM 12-06-2004
So he was either lucky or blessed from God, depending what you believe .

What does that have to do with playing ability and making tackles ?
I'm just saying he's a hardass. Nothing more. Nothing less.
[Reply]
Logical 09:30 PM 12-06-2004

You can't judge a book until you read it, how can you judge a player until he has played the same amount of reps, for that matter any reps ?
Roy, I was talking about Mitchell, calm down and take a deep breath.:-)
[Reply]
|Zach| 09:30 PM 12-06-2004
Yes, who else has played MLB in any games this year ?
Oh, so now its games? Thats not what you said earlier.
[Reply]
ROYC75 09:32 PM 12-06-2004
Roy, I was talking about Mitchell, calm down and take a deep breath.:-)

I'm sorry, I thumbed over it and didn't read it clearly, my mistake.

Question Jim, If you feel that Mitchell sucks, wouldn't you want to see the other LB's we have, see wether they fit the teams future plans ?
[Reply]
ROYC75 09:35 PM 12-06-2004
Originally Posted by ZachKC:
Oh, so now its games? Thats not what you said earlier.

Again, yes I have seen enough, BTA, it doesn't take to much to surpass Mitchells lack talents. Biesel did and he never played MLB before. But he got hurt, Mitchell was saved for the rest of the season.

Question Zach, do you feel that Mitchell sucks ? You have stated before he does. Why do you feel we shouldn't start somebody else to see if they can play ?
[Reply]
Logical 09:36 PM 12-06-2004
I'm sorry, I thumbed over it and didn't read it clearly, my mistake.

Question Jim, If you feel that Mitchell sucks, wouldn't you want to see the other LB's we have, see wether they fit the teams future plans ?
Actually I sort of liked how Beisel played and would have preferred they leave him inside. If you want my honest opinion on Scanlon, though I do not trust DV to know a decent linebacker from a lousy defensive tackle, I assume Gunther could judge linebacker talent pretty well. If Scanlon is not playing I would say he probably either lacks the talent or the skills to make it at this time.
[Reply]
Skip Towne 09:37 PM 12-06-2004

I would ask you the same question.
[Reply]
ROYC75 09:38 PM 12-06-2004
Actually I sort of liked how Beisel played and would have preferred they leave him inside. If you want my honest opinion on Scanlon, though I do not trust DV to know a decent linebacker from a lousy defensive tackle, I assume Gunther could judge linebacker talent pretty well. If Scanlon is not playing I would say he probably either lacks the talent or the skills to make it at this time.
Fair take since Biesel did do OK in only a few games.

Do you feel we should try anybody else out at that position now since Mitchell sucks so bad ? Or stick with a sick Mitchell.
[Reply]
|Zach| 09:39 PM 12-06-2004
Again, yes I have seen enough, BTA, it doesn't take to much to surpase Mitchells talents. Biesel did and he never played MLB before. But he got hurt, Mitchell was saved for the rest of the season.

Question Zach, do you feel that Mitchell sucks ? You have stated before he does. Why do you feel we shouldn't start somebody else to see if they can play ?
You missed the point I was making. Scanlon has played at MLB. He went through all of training camp and he practives. Aside from that...

The idea that we can't do worse is a complete myth. We can do worse than what Mitchell is doing out there.

So tell me. If Scanlon has not gotten a chance then what is Jared Allen doing? It seems to me its amazing that Allen is out there even though he has not gotten a chance.

You see Jared Allen showed the coaching staff that he is good enough to be out there and play in our defense. He showed them in training camp and he showed them in practice.

I hate to break it to you...there is more out there than pre season games. It seems as though you think pre season games are the only time evaluation takes place. For as much time as you have spent in past threads holding your age and football knowlege over my young head you are far from knowlegable in terms of football programs and how they are run and how personel decisions are made.
[Reply]
ROYC75 09:41 PM 12-06-2004
Originally Posted by Skip Towne:
I would ask you the same question.
Now Skip, you know what my opinion is, I'm convinced he has better talents than Mitchell. Limited play, pre-draft reports, etc. and the lack of Mitchells play says I ready to see him have a chance on the field, game planning conditions.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 38
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Up