ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 160 of 295
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163164170210260 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:15 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
IIRC, because he was sharing time as a part time player. They were RB by committee.

Like Priest Holmes who served backup to Jamal Lewis. Priest was a 1K rusher before they drafted Lewis, then had part time stats after.

Or Charles serving behind Johnson. As soon as Charles got his chance though...it was obvious. He didn't need 3 seasons of running to break out. He broke out right away.
*a season similar to CEH's rookie season.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:15 PM 09-13-2021
How about Larry Johnson breaking out pretty much the moment he took over for Priest?

Eh, w/e.

Im rooting for CEH. Lets hope they figure it out and make us all look stupid for ever doubting. I would love nothing more than that.
Yep. In fairness to CEH most RB's need to carry the ball 20-25 times a game to get a rhythm and that isn't going to happen with Reid especially with Mahomes as our QB. So you better take advantage of the limited opportunities you do get.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:16 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
In his first four years, he had one 1000 yard season. Even then, as you noted, it wasn't enough to keep his job.

If we're going to be fair, Clyde had around 800 yards last season in 13 games, averaging approximately (ypc) what Priest did in his "breakout" 1000 yards season.
He was a 1K rusher when rushing for 1K was actually hard, on a team that could barely throw the ball at all. He was replaced by Jamal Lewis, an eventual 2k rusher, hence why he became the forgotten man.

The point is, dude was well proven. It didn't take him 3 years to figure it out. He was rushing for like 4.-something YPC even as a back up.

Your point was silly. It's not comparable at all.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:17 PM 09-13-2021
He was a 1K rusher when rushing for 1K was actually hard, on a team that could barely throw the ball at all. He was replaced by Jamal Lewis, an eventual 2k rusher, hence why he became the forgotten man.

The point is, dude was well proven. It didn't take him 3 years to figure it out. He was rushing for like 4.-something YPC even as a back up.

Your point was silly. It's not comparable at all.
So, his 1000 yard season wasn't comparable to what CEH did last year?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:21 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Yep. In fairness to CEH most RB's need to carry the ball 20-25 times a game to get a rhythm and that isn't going to happen with Reid especially with Mahomes as our QB. So you better take advantage of the limited opportunities you do get.
That myth shoulda died a loooooong time ago.

20 carries/gm is 320 carries. One runningback had that many last season.

Only 6 got even 15 carries/gm.

Guys get carries because the running game is working. The running game isn't working because guys get carries.

If Edwards-Helaire can't figure out a way to be efficient on 15 yards/carry, he's just not a very good runningback. There are lots of guys in the NFL that make that work and work well.

Right now Clyde has a Clyde problem.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:24 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
So, his 1000 yard season wasn't comparable to what CEH did last year?
I don't know what you're trying to argue here.

I said it doesn't take 3 years to develop a RB.

You came at me with some snarky bullshit about never seeing Priest Holmes play, insinuating that it took years for Priest Holmes to develop.

I showed you, which you evidently didn't realize, that Priest had already well proven himself as an NFL caliber runner well before he came to KC.

Now you wanna argue about stats, from entirely different eras of football in entirely different teams running entirely different systems?

Get it together, man.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:35 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That myth shoulda died a loooooong time ago.

20 carries/gm is 320 carries. One runningback had that many last season.

Only 6 got even 15 carries/gm.

Guys get carries because the running game is working. The running game isn't working because guys get carries.

If Edwards-Helaire can't figure out a way to be efficient on 15 yards/carry, he's just not a very good runningback. There are lots of guys in the NFL that make that work and work well.

Right now Clyde has a Clyde problem.
Good point. But yeah Clyde is going to need to make the most of his opportunities regardless. Yesterday he had 14 carries for 43 yds. That is pathetic.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:39 PM 09-13-2021
Good point. But yeah Clyde is going to need to make the most of his opportunities regardless. Yesterday he had 14 carries for 43 yds. That is pathetic.
It's especially rough when we know teams aren't stacking the box.

He obviously has to be better.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:43 PM 09-13-2021
Oof.

Don't do this. Ever.

Unless you have Jamaal Charles in your backfield, take the ball out of Mahomes hands as infrequently as possible. Even when you do run it, it should be primarily out of RPO situations where Mahomes can check into a pass to attack the numbers.

This team shouldn't be calling more than a dozen or so designed runs a game and all of those should be situation dependent (short yardage or to set up a pass look later on). Trying to 'establish the run' just to double-down on an iffy 1st round pick couldn't be more wrong-headed.

That's how bad teams operate. This isn't one of those teams.
Absolutely. Positively. Yes.

The wife yacked down the side of the truck on the ride home.

I was so proud of her...
:-) I don't even...

Originally Posted by O.city:
Or you know, why you don't draft running backs in the first god damn round.
mmm... Probably. I think if we got the CEH we thought we were getting I'm happy with the pick. 32 is quite a bit different than like 15, or god forbid top 5 (Giants, Dallas, Jacksonville you fucking asshats).

RB just isn't one of those positions that takes 3 years to develop. They pretty much show what they got right away and that's that. We're not talking about a 5-tech DE, a NT, LT or a QB.

Which is why he's drawing the attention from fans that he is.
Yes and no. Guys can typically run the ball out of the gates (which is why CEH is catching hell, rightfully) but pass pro, especially Reid pass pro takes some time.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:45 PM 09-13-2021
CEH hasn't even played a full season's worth of games yet.

And sometimes any player can have a slow start. Even HOFers (and I'm not saying CEH should be/will be a HOFer). The Hall is littered with them. Thurman Thomas and Jerry Rice immediately come to mind.

Whatever. CEH is obviously talented, and he's shown enough from last season that I think he'll be okay by mid-season. Whining about his performance yesterday smacks of panic.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:46 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Andy spoke on it during today's presser (just caught it now).

He basically says it's a chemistry thing with the Oline and that he has full faith in Heck, Greg, and EB to iron it out with the line and CEH.

Starts at the 7:10 mark below (I set the video to begin there).

Thx for posting. Basically what I said earlier.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:46 PM 09-13-2021
If Clyde was 6th round pick, people wouldn’t be arguing about this.

It’s because he was drafted in the first round that is upsetting people.

Chiefs have wasted a lot of high(1-3 rounds) picks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:50 PM 09-13-2021
Maybe for a power back like Derrick Henry. I don't see that with CEH. I sure hope it's just too early in the season and CEH still has ptsd from the poor interior blocking last year. But he just flat out seems to be missing his holes. Doesn't look like a rhythm thing.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:52 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Whining about his performance yesterday smacks of panic.
JFC

You know what it smacks of? It smacks of acknowledging what actually happened out there yesterday.

There isn't an ounce of panic in this thread. No one is going to panic over a RB when Mahomes is your damn QB.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:53 PM 09-13-2021
It's especially rough when we know teams aren't stacking the box.

He obviously has to be better.
Yep we get a light box and he still doesn't do very good. Adrian Peterson would do better and he is still available :-)

In all seriousness if CEH doesn't improve here in the next few games we need to look at other options.
[Reply]
Page 160 of 295
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163164170210260 > Last »
Up