ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 52 of 103
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662102 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2018 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:36 PM 07-30-2018
The beginning of the 2018 season is a little under five weeks away. Missouri enters the year projected to finish 4th in the East, and may be a borderline Top 25 team according to some projection systems. After a disappointing recruiting cycle last year, pressure is on Odom to restock the cupboard after the senior years of Lock and Beckner, who will go down as two of the better Tigers in history and likely first round draft picks.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

At this point, the class is ranked 68-69 nationally by Rivals and 24/7. Odom is going to have to rely on Pinkel's diamond-in-the-rough approach. It looks like they've pulled back considerably from Georgia, focusing more upon Texas, which is what they should have always done. Unfortunately, they've done horrific in-state, and I think that will likely end up being the nail in Odom's coffin after the 2019 season.

12/19 Update: A strong finish late in the cycle moved the class up significantly. Securing commitments from grad transfer Kelly Bryant and TCU transfer Shawn Robinson has solidified the QB position in the short and intermediate term. A class that was ranked in the 60's at the beginning of the season is now a top 20-30 class factoring in transfers.

Hamas' Crystal Ball: 8-4; 4-4 in the SEC (wins vs. Ark, Tenn, Vandy, Kentucky)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:48 PM 11-04-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
There is entirely too much college football on Saturday television.
Agree.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:05 PM 11-04-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Who ever had a hand in hiring Dooley should be fired the day after the season ends. He took a QB that might've bee a fringe top 10 pick and knocked him into day 3. What a horrible OC/QB coach.

Most recent mocks I’ve seen still have him in the first round, even around the fringe of the top 10.

Dooley hasn’t fixed Lock’s problems, but I don’t see that he’s made them worse, either.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:14 PM 11-04-2018
Unless he is taken by a QB whisperer like Andy Reid, I'm not sure if his bad habits are going to be coached away ever. All it takes is for him to convince one NFL team otherwise, though.

Even if the Oregon kid stays in school, I don't see Lock as the top QB prospect. Too much other ridiculous talent at the top will get the needy teams waiting till Friday.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:06 AM 11-05-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Unless he is taken by a QB whisperer like Andy Reid, I'm not sure if his bad habits are going to be coached away ever. All it takes is for him to convince one NFL team otherwise, though.

Even if the Oregon kid stays in school, I don't see Lock as the top QB prospect. Too much other ridiculous talent at the top will get the needy teams waiting till Friday.

I agree. He needs to go somewhere he can sit for a year or two before becoming the guy.

His stock dropping a little bit but not a ton may work out better for him in the long run.

He’d be better off landing with a team picking in the 20+ range than a team that needs him to play right away.

I could see New England taking a look if he fails to a spot they’re comfortable with.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:11 AM 11-05-2018
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Most recent mocks I’ve seen still have him in the first round, even around the fringe of the top 10.

Dooley hasn’t fixed Lock’s problems, but I don’t see that he’s made them worse, either.
What are Lock's problems?

That's the thing that's so frustrating for me - I don't see a set group of problems with him. It's not like Gabbert where you just say "if someone could get him to stop staring at the rush..."

Instead it's just "man, if someone could get him to stop making 2 monumentally stupid errors/gm..." And those errors are often different types.

He needs to work on surveying the field and progressing through reads, but that's not a Lock issue as much as it's just a normal young quarterback issue. He also needs to work on his touch; if he can't just step into a throw and rope it, it's probably not gonna be a good one.

But at some point is that a fixable problem or just evidence that he's more Davis Webb than Matt Ryan? It makes you ask if maybe he just isn't the prospect we thought he might be (and maybe Hall is the horse in that offense, not Lock).
[Reply]
kepp 11:42 AM 11-10-2018
The real Mizzou defense is back
[Reply]
Best22 11:45 AM 11-10-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
What are Lock's problems?

That's the thing that's so frustrating for me - I don't see a set group of problems with him. It's not like Gabbert where you just say "if someone could get him to stop staring at the rush..."

Instead it's just "man, if someone could get him to stop making 2 monumentally stupid errors/gm..." And those errors are often different types.

He needs to work on surveying the field and progressing through reads, but that's not a Lock issue as much as it's just a normal young quarterback issue. He also needs to work on his touch; if he can't just step into a throw and rope it, it's probably not gonna be a good one.

But at some point is that a fixable problem or just evidence that he's more Davis Webb than Matt Ryan? It makes you ask if maybe he just isn't the prospect we thought he might be (and maybe Hall is the horse in that offense, not Lock).
Not a baller. Not a high IQ player. Won’t carry a team. Physical talent is good but he’s not a franchise guy
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:52 AM 11-10-2018
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I agree. He needs to go somewhere he can sit for a year or two before becoming the guy.

His stock dropping a little bit but not a ton may work out better for him in the long run.

He’d be better off landing with a team picking in the 20+ range than a team that needs him to play right away.

I could see New England taking a look if he fails to a spot they’re comfortable with.
I think he's going to be a Buccaneer.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:55 AM 11-10-2018
He doesn't have QB instincts. I'd love for him to be a HOF QB, but I don't see the instinctiveness.
[Reply]
kepp 11:58 AM 11-10-2018
That is supposed to be automatic PI. Contact without turning around to find the ball.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:59 AM 11-10-2018
:-) at all the ignorant Lock haters.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:00 PM 11-10-2018
Originally Posted by kepp:
That is supposed to be automatic PI. Contact without turning around to find the ball.
Yup. But ya don't get all the calls. Well, unless you're the Pats.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:03 PM 11-10-2018
Pass blocking has regressed
[Reply]
Priest31kc 12:07 PM 11-10-2018
Yeah Lock has a bunch of limitations.

Doesn't have very good pocket presence and usually struggles under pressure. Always seems to struggle on 3rd downs vs good teams. Inconsistent accuracy especially in the intermediate range & doesn't seem to have great touch in that range either. Has always been a one read guy in our system and can lock onto his receivers and he can make some terrible decisions.

He has some great attributes obviously, but a bunch of weaknesses too which would scare me off from drafting him high.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:08 PM 11-10-2018
Barry Odom is incredibly bad at his job
[Reply]
Page 52 of 103
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662102 > Last »
Up