ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 50 of 103
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2018 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:36 PM 07-30-2018
The beginning of the 2018 season is a little under five weeks away. Missouri enters the year projected to finish 4th in the East, and may be a borderline Top 25 team according to some projection systems. After a disappointing recruiting cycle last year, pressure is on Odom to restock the cupboard after the senior years of Lock and Beckner, who will go down as two of the better Tigers in history and likely first round draft picks.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

At this point, the class is ranked 68-69 nationally by Rivals and 24/7. Odom is going to have to rely on Pinkel's diamond-in-the-rough approach. It looks like they've pulled back considerably from Georgia, focusing more upon Texas, which is what they should have always done. Unfortunately, they've done horrific in-state, and I think that will likely end up being the nail in Odom's coffin after the 2019 season.

12/19 Update: A strong finish late in the cycle moved the class up significantly. Securing commitments from grad transfer Kelly Bryant and TCU transfer Shawn Robinson has solidified the QB position in the short and intermediate term. A class that was ranked in the 60's at the beginning of the season is now a top 20-30 class factoring in transfers.

Hamas' Crystal Ball: 8-4; 4-4 in the SEC (wins vs. Ark, Tenn, Vandy, Kentucky)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:19 AM 10-28-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Brohm is a substantial upgrade from Barry Odom. Is he the candidate I'd want most? No, but I think he can be lired away even if he says otherwise.

Matt Campbell is who I wanted over Odom last go around, but I think he would hold out for a higher profile job.

I'm ok with that list, except I'd subtract Charlie Strong from it. If he can't hack it at Texas, I don't think he'll be able to handle the grind of the SEC.

In a weird world, Auburn would go stupid and fire Gus Malzahn and we'd find a bag man to pay him enough money to come to Columbia.

The win against Ohio State is more impressive than anything Odom has accomplished, but Brohm has been uneven at Purdue.

I normally am very anti-retreads who haven’t won big at bigger schools. Strong is something of an exception because he was a star at Louisville and has such great SEC ties and recruiting reputation/connections.

He didn’t work at Texas, but I think a big part of that was due to fit. At a school like Mizzou, I think he could duplicate what he did at the Ville.

I was a Campbell skeptic but no longer. He’s the next coach at Ohio State, I think.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:03 AM 10-28-2018
Just another reminder that Mack Rhoades always makes the wrong decision.
[Reply]
Best22 08:32 AM 10-28-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Glad he’s gone
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:48 AM 10-28-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:

Sterk’s football coach hire track record is not great, either.

It’s scary. He has to nail he next one or the program may fall down too far to recover.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:52 AM 10-28-2018
Brohms probably going to Louisville. Campbell has a huge buyout. Can Mizzou cough up that kinda dough?
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:57 AM 10-28-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Brohms probably going to Louisville. Campbell has a huge buyout. Can Mizzou cough up that kinda dough?
Petrino has a $14 million buyout. They're paying off Jurich as part of a settlement and they might have potentially lost a huge donor in Papa John.

They might be stuck with Petrino for a little bit.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:41 AM 10-29-2018
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
The win against Ohio State is more impressive than anything Odom has accomplished, but Brohm has been uneven at Purdue.

I normally am very anti-retreads who haven’t won big at bigger schools. Strong is something of an exception because he was a star at Louisville and has such great SEC ties and recruiting reputation/connections.

He didn’t work at Texas, but I think a big part of that was due to fit. At a school like Mizzou, I think he could duplicate what he did at the Vill
I was a Campbell skeptic but no longer. He’s the next coach at Ohio State, I think.
Brohm is only in his second year at Purdue and they were an aids fire when he arrived. So all things considered, I can see why they are a bit uneven. There are a lot of positive signs there, while Odom is getting owned by Will Muschamp annually. Will fucking Muschamp playing a fucking back up QB.

I agree that Strong didn't get a fair shake at Texas, but I don't think he belongs in the SEC and I'd ideally would like to land someone that's not nearing 60.
[Reply]
kepp 09:14 AM 10-29-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
https://twitter.com/paigetmurphy/sta...384087040?s=19

There's no defending that. It isn't DPI by any reasonable interpretation of the rule. The defender had better position the whole time and never did anything more than attempt to hold his ground while being mauled.

It was truly one of the worst DPI calls I've ever seen and probably still only the third worst call against Mizzou tonight.

It was absolute garbage.

And I still don't care. It shouldn't have ever come to that.
That's the first time I've had a chance to see the play. Wow. That is in no way DPI.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:20 AM 10-29-2018
We missed the boat on Matt Campbell, should've hired him when we hired Barry. He's going to get a top 5-10 job before long...

Anyone interested in Mike Leach? He's turned WSU into something...I don't know how.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:34 PM 11-03-2018
Lock being compared to Mahomes and Goff, a good sign he might be taken in the 1st round, and real credit to Lock's great coaches when he was growing up.
[Reply]
Best22 04:41 PM 11-03-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Lock being compared to Mahomes and Goff, a good sign he might be taken in the 1st round, and real credit to Lock's great coaches when he was growing up.
Mahomes never had this much talent on either side of the ball
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:43 PM 11-03-2018
Originally Posted by Jerm:
We missed the boat on Matt Campbell, should've hired him when we hired Barry. He's going to get a top 5-10 job before long...

Anyone interested in Mike Leach? He's turned WSU into something...I don't know how.
PAC12 isn't a good conference
[Reply]
Jerm 04:50 PM 11-03-2018
Great performance today but now we're gonna get another year of mediocrity under Barry....YAY.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:52 PM 11-03-2018
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Great performance today but now we're gonna get another year of mediocrity under Barry....YAY.
Fuck that. Shitcan that useless motherfucker.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:26 PM 11-03-2018
I have no idea what to think of this team.

I have a suspicion that the conference is trash outside of Bama. I also think Hall and Brown make this a much, much harder offense to defend.

They very easily could be 7-2 with a top 15 ranking. It's infuriating they aren't.
[Reply]
Page 50 of 103
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100 > Last »
Up