Media Center>Justice League (2017)
Munson 04:34 PM 07-23-2016

[Reply]
RustShack 05:33 PM 03-20-2021
I wish Bale was still Batman.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 05:33 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
They couldve cut the movie down an hour just by removing the dull slow motion chummy music shots.
New to Zack Snyder films?

They didnt want to cut the film down an hour, hence the streaming option.

Lot of couch critics out there missing the point.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:53 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
New to Zack Snyder films?

They didnt want to cut the film down an hour, hence the streaming option.
The length of the film has absolutely nothing to do with the reason why the film went direct to HBO Max.

Warner Brothers is releasing ALL of their 2021 film slate directly to HBO Max and theaters on the same day.

All of the films will appear on HBO Max for only 30 days, then will be available to stream again sometime in the coming year.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:56 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Just like Robert Downey Jr. IS Iron Man, Henry Cavill IS Superman. I can't imagine anyone else playing those two characters on the big screen.
I agree. MoS was great, no sure why so many ppl tried to shit on it at first.

Would love love love and MoS 2....but with a REAL Lex Luthor this time. No Jesse Eisenberg.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:57 PM 03-20-2021
Why are people giving the studio so much shit about Justice League? Yeah, it sounds like the new Zach Synder cut is being higher reviewed, but my god it's a 4 hr and 2 min movie. You can't have a 4 hr movie in theatres. Can't say I blame them.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 06:19 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The length of the film has absolutely nothing to do with the reason why the film went direct to HBO Max.
If streaming wasn't an option, you would not be seeing this. Theres absolutely no way this works as a theatrical release. 3 showings per screen on a day aint flying. That's if you start showing at 12pm, and you accomodate the final showing ending at midnight. Not to mention the inevitable intermission this thing would need to have at that length.

Streaming is the only way this was getting done. So being free from time constraints, he was free to do as he pleased to get his vision for Justice League done.

Studios want turnaround. The shorter the better. More screenings, more money.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 06:26 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I agree. MoS was great, no sure why so many ppl tried to shit on it at first.

Would love love love and MoS 2....but with a REAL Lex Luthor this time. No Jesse Eisenberg.
Most of the main gripes I saw were from the purists. When Superman basicly caused the deaths of countless civilians with his battle eith Zod, and then he straight up killed Zod, the film received a massive middle finger from a lot of my DC fan friends.

Same as with Batman basicly being the Punisher in a batsuit.

Snyder wasn't really faithful to the comic book source material. Superman and Batman dont kill people. It ruffled a lot of feathers so those movies got pooped on a little.
[Reply]
Valiant 06:46 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Everyone can beat Wolverine? Explain that one.
Almost every character can delimb him. He is the least powerful x-men.
[Reply]
Fish 06:54 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Almost every character can delimb him. He is the least powerful x-men.
LOL. He once killed every single other member of the X-Men in a single day. You're on crack. Crackhead.
[Reply]
Valiant 06:58 PM 03-20-2021
Not sure how you put Wolverine in the same category as Batman, or consider Wolverine overrated and that 99% of villains would clap him. That statement leads one to believe that you must be quite seasoned at taking your head on spelunking expeditions to the deepest caverns of your own ass, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Wolverine is practically invincible. Unbreakable skeleton, insane healing factor, and adamantium claws. Who is supposed to be beating him regularly, and who has he beaten that you feel was eye roll worthy bs?

Batman beats enemies with intelligence, and gadgets. Detective, strategist, and can get his hands dirty.

In respect to the question of what did he do against otherworldly beings, well he beat Superman in BVS. Without that whole " hey bro our moms have the same name" bro fist moment Bats would have killed Supes with the kryptonite spear. It was over.

As for the Steppenwolf threat, he assembled the team to do the fighting.

He's the brains of the operation, but hes not incapable of handling himself against stronger enemies.
Please, both get special writer treatment from writers and never honest.

Most strong characters can delimb him. His skeleton doesn't help. Fling into space.

Cyclops can blast his limbs off. Like most powered characters.

Teleport his head off, psionics just keep him immobile.

Hell, you can do this for most mutants.

Wolverine while he can't be killed, can't win with honest writing. He is limited, he has claws and healing. Even amazing healing doesn't win out.

Same with batman. Supes could kill him in one hit, fly through him, kill him from space. Freeze him solid.lobotimize him in a second.

Yeah he started the league. Old dudes started the NFL.
[Reply]
Valiant 07:01 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
LOL. He once killed every single other member of the X-Men in a single day. You're on crack. Crackhead.
So did punisher. Is he better than everyone else?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:04 PM 03-20-2021
If streaming wasn't an option, you would not be seeing this. Theres absolutely no way this works as a theatrical release. 3 showings per screen on a day aint flying. That's if you start showing at 12pm, and you accomodate the final showing ending at midnight. Not to mention the inevitable intermission this thing would need to have at that length.

Streaming is the only way this was getting done. So being free from time constraints, he was free to do as he pleased to get his vision for Justice League done.

Studios want turnaround. The shorter the better. More screenings, more money.
JFC. :-)

Have you read anything that I've posted on this subject?

WarnerMedia put more than $75 million dollars into the Snyder Cut in order to attract customers to HBO MAX, which is WAY behind Netflix, Disney+ and Amazon in total subscribers. Netflix is closing in on 200 million subs, Disney+ passed 100 million and Amazon has 110 million.

HBO Max had only 12 million paying subscribers in December 2020.

They're also releasing every single film on their 2021 slate, including Dune, direct to HBO Max while simultaneously releasing the films in movie theaters.

The reason for the 4:3 Aspect Ratio is that Snyder wants it to look correct in IMAX.
[Reply]
Valiant 07:06 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Alright, you've gone too far now. Wolverine is a powerful mutant supplemented by a billion dollar program who spent years turning him into an unstoppable killing machine lol

He basically can't be killed and can kill anyone. He might get his ass knocked out by someone like Spider-Man or Hulk, but since no one can put him down for good it's really not weird when he wins any fight.
Give me ten main stream mutants you think can't beat him and I will give honest writing battle outcomes.
[Reply]
Jamie 08:42 PM 03-20-2021
Wolverine's healing factor has been depicted really inconsistently. Sometimes he can survive at ground zero of a nuclear bomb explosion, sometimes a sentinel can kill him in one shot.

I always say, the more you know about comics the more you realize continuity doesn't matter. None of it really makes sense.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:14 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Give me ten main stream mutants you think can't beat him and I will give honest writing battle outcomes.
Well, the definition of "beat" is open for interpretation. I have no doubts a lot of mutants could get lucky and knock him out for a bit, but there aren't many who can kill him. Not to mention the fact that he's got great resistance to telepathy.

Here is a list of mutants I would not be surprised if Wolverine killed in a straight up fight:

Jubilee
Rogue (pre-Captain Marvel, of course)
Nightcrawler
Cyclops
Storm
Gambit
Multiple Man
Toad
Blob
Sabretooth
Colossus
Beast