ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 50
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Media Center>Justice League (2017)
Munson 04:34 PM 07-23-2016

[Reply]
The Franchise 01:01 PM 11-27-2017
You whine about Bale's version of Batman but you're ok with the robot voice that Affleck does?

And the whole "secret identity" of Batman when played by Affleck is a joke. It's like they don't even care that he's supposed to be hiding who he is.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 01:37 PM 11-27-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
You whine about Bale's version of Batman but you're ok with the robot voice that Affleck does?

And the whole "secret identity" of Batman when played by Affleck is a joke. It's like they don't even care that he's supposed to be hiding who he is.
Yes, the vocoder is very much Batman. Laughably grunting like an idiot in a way that no one can even understand is not.

I actually prefer the Neil Adams/Grant Morrison Batman where he's basically James Bond who doesn't kill or use guns and is completely overpowered in terms of narrative (always having some sort of card hidden up his sleeve the whole time). That to me, is the ultimate incarnation of Batman (even the cartoon was a reflection of this). Alas, WB/Synder wants to do the realism thing so if we're going to do the realism thing, let's ACTUALLY take it more seriously.

Nolan wanted to do pseudo-bullshit realism where everything is super gritty and "realistic" yet no one knows who Batman is and Batman doesn't "kill". In this version, they throw all that pretentious garbage out the window and come out and admit that Batman & Alfred are, in fact, criminals from Day 1 and anyone with half a brain could work out who Batman is so he might as well tell his allies up front. No issues there. Batman QUITTING for 10 years or whatever because his ****ing girlfriend died (except she wasn't actually his girlfriend) is just about the opposite of what The God Damn Batman would do. I can admit that TDK and TDKR are enjoyable, decent flicks on their own. But in terms of Batman, he's not in them.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:49 PM 11-27-2017
I actually love the voice thingy this Batman uses
[Reply]
BigRichard 01:59 PM 11-27-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I actually love the voice thingy this Batman uses
Yes, I agree.
[Reply]
BigRichard 02:15 PM 11-27-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:

Also agree with this but that isn't Affleck's fault.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:48 PM 11-27-2017
I like Affleck as Batman...as said above he looks the part. I also hope he stays on for future movies.
[Reply]
Jamie 05:45 PM 11-27-2017
The only person who has really nailed the Bruce Wayne voice vs Batman voice is Conroy, but Affleck's vocoder is acceptable.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:15 AM 11-28-2017
BTW, Mathew Vaughn is in talks to direct the Man of Steel solo movie.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 09:52 AM 11-28-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I like your style, brotha.

Marvel in regular, DC in bold (I'll include the Nolanverse just to give them some love), Fox in italics, and Sony underlined..

***The creme de la creme. If you didn't like these movies you're a soulless heathen.***
The Dark Knight
GotG
Winter Soldier
Spider-Man 2
Batman Begins

***Just the next step down. Still really good but not the best.***
Deadpool
Logan
X2: X-Men United
GotG2
Civil War
Avengers
Ragnarok
The Dark Knight Rises
Iron Man
Spider-Man
X-Men: Days of Future Past
Dr Strange

***Just enjoyable***
Age of Ultron
Wonder Woman
X-Men: First Class
Thor
Justice League
Man of Steel
Ant Man
The Amazing Spider-Man
The First Avenger
X-Men
Fantastic 4

***Yeah, they ****ed these up***
Iron Man 3
Batman vs Superman
Iron Man 2
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 3
Green Lantern
F4: Rise of the Silver Surfer
The Dark World
X-Men 3: The Last Stand
That piece of shit F4 remake
I actually agree with pretty much all of this. I could probably make a case to move a couple movies up or down. But pretty much spot on. :-)
[Reply]
Danguardace 10:00 AM 11-28-2017
Where would you add in Kick Ass 1&2, Watchmen and V for Vendetta?

If you wanna go further back
Roger Corman's Fantastic Four ?
Super Girl?
Christopher Reeve Superman?
Keaton Batman?
Meteorman?
[Reply]
unlurking 09:21 PM 11-28-2017
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
BTW, Mathew Vaughn is in talks to direct the Man of Steel solo movie.
Vaughn is awesome. I will go see this.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:47 PM 11-28-2017
Originally Posted by Danguardace:
Where would you add in Kick Ass 1&2, Watchmen and V for Vendetta?

If you wanna go further back
Roger Corman's Fantastic Four ?
Super Girl?
Christopher Reeve Superman?
Keaton Batman?
Meteorman?
Watchmen is criminally underrated. Easily some of Snyder's best work.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:49 PM 11-28-2017
And man, I would like to go see this movie while it's on the big screen, but I just can't muster the enthusiasm to go drop 15-20 bucks on a ticket for it. I'll probably kick myself for not doing it when I finally do see it on one of the movie channels....
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:21 PM 11-28-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
And man, I would like to go see this movie while it's on the big screen, but I just can't muster the enthusiasm to go drop 15-20 bucks on a ticket for it. I'll probably kick myself for not doing it when I finally do see it on one of the movie channels....
they have $5-$6 shows at most movie theatres down here. Not the prime time 7-9pm shows but, for the price, it's a bargain.
[Reply]
Danguardace 05:15 AM 11-29-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Watchmen is criminally underrated. Easily some of Snyder's best work.
Agreed big fan of Watchmen
[Reply]
Page 24 of 50
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Up