ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 146 of 240
« First < 4696136142143144145146 147148149150156196 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:47 PM 10-17-2019
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
There is no doubt that Smith and Sutton were crap.

With that said, Reid should draw up plays and that's it. An OC could then call plays out of his (Reid's) playbook, with a defensive-minded HC and a GM who has more than 5 pubes.
Spags is more crap than Sutton.

How many times has Spags called a top 5 defense? How many times has Sutton?

Spags is pure garbage.
[Reply]
Graystoke 01:54 PM 10-17-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Lead the league in penalties last year. But wait! We got better!

Now we are second most penalized!

SMH
We are the New Raiders when it comes to penalties.
We need to minimize or it will be more of 1st and 10 opposing team
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:54 PM 10-17-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Spags is more crap than Sutton.

How many times has Spags called a top 5 defense? How many times has Sutton?

Spags is pure garbage.
Agreed.

Spags is a one hit wonder... the Giants Super Bowl win when his defense shut down the previously undefeated Faketriots.

And even in that season his Giants defense was ranked 17th, middle of the road in total defense (yardage allowed per game).

Since then he has done shit.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 05:25 PM 10-17-2019
Whitlock called Andy out today and questioned whether he's the right coach for Pat HERE. I have to say he made some great points and even though Whitlock can be a douche at times I appreciate him having guts to call him out. Because as you saw in that clip, most NFL media folks are zombie's where Andy is concerned.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:32 PM 10-17-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Agreed.

Spags is a one hit wonder... the Giants Super Bowl win when his defense shut down the previously undefeated Faketriots.

And even in that season his Giants defense was ranked 17th, middle of the road in total defense (yardage allowed per game).

Since then he has done shit.
Look, I wrote on this forum when the Chiefs were still looking for a DC to replace Sutton that I wanted Todd Bowles.

So I wasn't a fan of the Chiefs selecting Spags for the job in the first place.

But after doing some research, I came around to the idea. Why? Because Steve Spagnuolo has a remarkable track record for taking really bad defenses and turning them completely around in his second year.

A little background history from the articles I researched:

Steve Spagnuoulo has experience coaching at four different colleges for a total of 17 years, as defensive line coach, defensive backs coach, special teams coach, linebackers coach, and defensive coordinator. In other words, Spags had coached every facet of defense before he ever got to the NFL.

In 1999 he got his first job in the NFL, as the linebacker and defensive backs coach for the Eagles.

In 2007, he was hired by Tom Coughlin to be the DC for the Giants, where he fielded a defense that finished 7th in the league in yards, and 17th overall in points given up.

The following year in 2008, when the defense was truly all his, his unit ranked 5th in yards, and 5th in points. That was also the year that his defensive, the 4-3, hit Tom Brady more times than Brady has ever been hit in the Super Bowl or a playoff game, and sacked him 5 times. In that SB, Tom Brady only threw for 266 yards and a single TD.

In 2009 he became HC of STL, and while the team never won a lot of games, the Rams defense went from 29th in yards and 31st in points, to 19th and 12th respectively in 2010.

Then in 2015 he was re-hired by the Giants, who finished the season 32nd in yards allowed and 30th in points given up.

In 2016, the Giants defense under Spags ranked 10th and 2nd.

Also, Spags makes every defense he's coached better at takeaways. Every one.

The bottom line here is simple: give Steve Spagnuolo a second year and he has a consistent track record of taking bad defenses and turning them into very good ones.

So three times and as recently as 2016, Spags has taken a defense with players he knew little to nothing about and made them significantly better by year two.

Again, just the facts . . .
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:43 PM 10-17-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Whitlock called Andy out today and questioned whether he's the right coach for Pat HERE. I have to say he made some great points and even though Whitlock can be a douche at times I appreciate him having guts to call him out. Because as you saw in that clip, most NFL media folks are zombie's where Andy is concerned.
After Shitlock's embarrassingly bad takes on the Hill situation, I could give two flying fucks about ANYTHING that chump-ass has to say.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:43 PM 10-17-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Look, I wrote on this forum when the Chiefs were still looking for a DC to replace Sutton that I wanted Todd Bowles.

So I wasn't a fan of the Chiefs selecting Spags for the job in the first place.

But after doing some research, I came around to the idea. Why? Because Steve Spagnuolo has a remarkable track record for taking really bad defenses and turning them completely around in his second year.

A little background history from the articles I researched:

Steve Spagnuoulo has experience coaching at four different colleges for a total of 17 years, as defensive line coach, defensive backs coach, special teams coach, linebackers coach, and defensive coordinator. In other words, Spags had coached every facet of defense before he ever got to the NFL.

In 1999 he got his first job in the NFL, as the linebacker and defensive backs coach for the Eagles.

In 2007, he was hired by Tom Coughlin to be the DC for the Giants, where he fielded a defense that finished 7th in the league in yards, and 17th overall in points given up.

The following year in 2008, when the defense was truly all his, his unit ranked 5th in yards, and 5th in points. That was also the year that his defensive, the 4-3, hit Tom Brady more times than Brady has ever been hit in the Super Bowl or a playoff game, and sacked him 5 times. In that SB, Tom Brady only threw for 266 yards and a single TD.

In 2009 he became HC of STL, and while the team never won a lot of games, the Rams defense went from 29th in yards and 31st in points, to 19th and 12th respectively in 2010.

Then in 2015 he was re-hired by the Giants, who finished the season 32nd in yards allowed and 30th in points given up.

In 2016, the Giants defense under Spags ranked 10th and 2nd.

Also, Spags makes every defense he's coached better at takeaways. Every one.

The bottom line here is simple: give Steve Spagnuolo a second year and he has a consistent track record of taking bad defenses and turning them into very good ones.

So three times and as recently as 2016, Spags has taken a defense with players he knew little to nothing about and made them significantly better by year two.

Again, just the facts . . .
The year Spag's defense beat the Pats in the SB was the 2007 postseason. His first year. Since then he's been ass.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:50 PM 10-17-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
The year Spag's defense beat the Pats in the SB was the 2007 postseason. His first year. Since then he's been ass.
Yep, you're right. 2007-2008 season. Got my years mixed up again.

Doesn't negate the fact that his defense in the following season was 5th overall in yards and 5th in points alliowed.

Or that he took the St. Louis Rams defense from dead last to middle of the pack.

Or that in 2016, one year after taking over a dead last defense, his squad was 10th and 2nd.

If that's 'ass' then I'd really like to know what good is.
[Reply]
TEX 05:53 PM 10-17-2019
Yep, you're right. 2007-2008 season. Got my years mixed up again.

Doesn't negate the fact that his defense in the following season was 5th overall in yards and 5th in points alliowed.

Or that he took the St. Louis Rams defense from dead last to middle of the pack.

Or that in 2016, one year after taking over a dead last defense, his squad was 10th and 2nd.

If that's 'ass' then I'd really like to know what good is.
And New Orleans? :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:58 PM 10-17-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
And New Orleans? :-)
I only included situations where Spags had at least two seasons with a team, and he didn't have that in NO.

However . . .

Spags only coached in NO for one year, the year after the Bounty-Gate scandal in which Sean was suspended. Several key defensive players were also suspended. The defense finished the season 30th and 32nd, IIRC.

Also, Spags' record suggests that he needs at least a second year to turn around a defense, which he didn't get in NO.

And finally, if you look at his record when taking over defenses as DC, NO is the outlier, not the norm.

So three times Spags took a defense and made them significantly better in yards allowed, points allowed and takeaways.

And once, given just one year with a decimated and demoralized unit, he couldn't turn it around.
[Reply]
TEX 05:59 PM 10-17-2019
I only included situations where Spags had at least two seasons with a team, and he didn't have that in NO.

However . . .

Spags only coached in NO for one year, the year after the Bounty-Gate scandal in which Sean was suspended.

Also, Spags' record suggests that he needs at least a second year to turn around a defense, which he didn't get in NO.

And finally, if you look at his record when taking over defenses as DC, NO is the outlier, not the norm.
Makes sense.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:04 PM 10-17-2019
I for one hope that Megatron's take is accurate and that we can look forward to better results moving forward.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:09 PM 10-17-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
I for one hope that Megatron's take is accurate and that we can look forward to better results moving forward.
Obviously anything can happen. And if I'm absolutely honest, in every successful situation, Spags had a really good MLB in those defenses.

But the pot odds are that Spags will make this defense better.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:36 PM 10-17-2019
Obviously anything can happen. And if I'm absolutely honest, in every successful situation, Spags had a really good MLB in those defenses.

But the pot odds are that Spags will make this defense better.
Works for me.

Chiefs need a badass MLB with leadership qualities. And if the Cards are in any way entertaining offers for Peterson, we need to be high on the list of potential landing spots.
Honey Badger and Peterson would be a great quick fix in terms of creating some leadership on that side of the ball. And getting Jones squared away certainly wouldn't hurt.

Veach is starting to piss me off though, and the thought of him handling the purse strings does NOT set well in light of this Frank Clark bullshit. How fucking stupid do you have to be to acquire and then pay out top dollar to a crippled defender? That prick needs to either redeem himself in the most spectacular of ways, or get the fuck out.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:17 PM 10-17-2019
I normally defend Reid. But that was insanely stupid. No reason for that play call at all.
[Reply]
Page 146 of 240
« First < 4696136142143144145146 147148149150156196 > Last »
Up