ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What color is your vehicle (or are your vehicles)?
Purple 0 0%
Blue 27 16.56%
Green 8 4.91%
Yellow 2 1.23%
Gold 1 0.61%
Beige 3 1.84%
Brown 4 2.45%
Red 30 18.40%
Burgundy 12 7.36%
White 34 20.86%
Silver 25 15.34%
Gray 27 16.56%
Black 51 31.29%
Other 13 7.98%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What color is your vehicle?
stevieray 08:22 AM 04-17-2021
I've been traveling a bit and my artist eye has been noticing something.

The majority of vehicles are white, black or some shade of grey, and I'd bet its across the country.

Sure you'll see flashes of reds and blues, but not much color out there. Sterile and mundane and boring.

We're losing our individuality.

Fascinating to watch.
[Reply]
vailpass 12:37 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
‘Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants so long as it is black.’

I'm not a car guy, but I think most cars are fairly bland looking and have been for decades. Bright colors on boring cars just look silly.

p.s. Do you guys have a bunch of dudes driving jacked up trucks in your neck of the woods? Nothing funnier than seeing some 5 foot 6 dude climbing into a monster truck.
In AZ jacked trucks are the norm. Best one I’ve seen is from a monster lifted Ford at Circle K. Little dude climbed out. License plate was CMPNS8.
[Reply]
stevieray 12:39 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I’m literally not emotionally invested at all.

Anyone who has the money.
Good.

That's not what you said the first time.
[Reply]
stevieray 12:42 PM 04-17-2021

I'm not a car guy, but I think most cars are fairly bland looking and have been for decades.
this presents another street to turn on....a lot of the newer cars are bland and similar, and sadly, not all that customizable. It's all been "done" for you.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 12:42 PM 04-17-2021
I have:

1 black
1 white
1 silver
Consistent with your findings
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:53 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
this presents another street to turn on....a lot of the newer cars are bland and similar, and sadly, not all that customizable. It's all been "done" for you.
Blame fuel economy and safety standards.
[Reply]
lewdog 01:20 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
3 red, 1 blue.

The only reason the blue one exists is that wife would not let the daughter get the red one with the sun roof. Because the wifes car does not have a sun roof.

Lew-white with snowflake sparkles?????? I thought you were a Type A.

The pewters, silvers, etc...are a dime a dozen. But they show dirt less.
Would never own another black car ever again. Always dirty.

how about some Toyotas, I think. Putty colors and not glossy. Weird.
even in Minn there are very few if any purple cars.
Oh you know I'm type A, but honestly I like the white sparkle paint because it's easy to keep clean like white and doesn't show scratches with the flecks in the paint. It really looks great on nice sunny days here when it's clean.

Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I believe that's their Mazda, my wife's CX-5 is the same color. It's a less boring type of white.
Yup, it's some kind of tri-color paint they say with snowflake white pearl being the name (I added the sparkly!). It's pretty class looking for a white car, IMO.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:23 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Good.

That's not what you said the first time.

:-) You’re a real dipshit sometimes
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 01:26 PM 04-17-2021
My scoot is candy apple red. My Ford Ranger truck is called Magnetic that is a charcoal dark gray metallic. Wife's BMW is Daytona Blue.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:39 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I read a SEMA article about this years back.

To answer your question, it's because Black/White/Gray is what sells. It's what most people want. They sell off the lots the quickest.

The most interesting thing i found about the article is that those unique colors that cars DO come in are actually demographically targeted.

For example, Rain Man's famous Apricot BMW is targeted towards regions that actually get a Fall season. Fall seasonal colors such as apricot, forest greens, some blues are targeted in states that...you know....have those colors.

Meanwhile, your yellows, light blues, bright greens etc are targeted in states like Cali and Florida. You're more likely to find an apricot BMW in Main and a bright green one in SoCal. And those colors are produced at much smaller numbers because, well...they dont sell as well.
Yeah, and I've read dealership just want to move stock, so it's a bit of a vicious cycle. Dealership wants to move cars fast, some customers get frustrated about lack of options but buy black/white/gray anyway, so more black/white/gray cars are made.

I noticed a decent amount of selection looking around a bit, but still mostly blue and red... not much in terms of yellow or green or orange, etc.

Originally Posted by :
“When I’m paying interest on $5 million worth of inventory, I can’t afford to take chances on a bunch of gold and yellow cars that I might never match with customers.”

For customers looking for other colors, the store can work a “dealer swap,” a process by which the dealership trades another dealership for a specifically equipped car or truck.

“The problem,” John notes, “is that other dealers are just as reluctant to keep slow-moving colors in inventory. Often, we just can’t find certain models in certain colors.”

One thing customers can do is order a car, but that process often proves too time-consuming for most shoppers. “Depending on the model and time of year, ordering a car can take 8-10 weeks—even longer on popular products. Most customers just don’t have the patience.”

It is thus that the palette of available car colors has shrunk over time. Dealers prefer to stock only the most popular-selling colors, and those customers interested in less commonly stocked colors opt out of spending the time necessary to order a vehicle from the factory. In turn, because demand for bolder color offerings is in decline, manufacturers stop offering certain hues.
https://blog.consumerguide.com/boring-car-colors/
[Reply]
listopencil 01:39 PM 04-17-2021
18:white, 18:black, 15:grey= people who don't give a shit what color their car is and may have had to glance outside to check before voting in the poll.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:47 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by listopencil:
18:white, 18:black, 15:grey= people who don't give a shit what color their car is and may have had to glance outside to check before voting in the poll.
Sort of... it's 60 black/white/gray/silver and 45 everything else.
[Reply]
ChiTown 01:58 PM 04-17-2021
Midnight Blue

[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:00 PM 04-17-2021
1 black, like the cocks Mama Hip Rockets loves
1 orange
[Reply]
Monticore 02:04 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Midnight Blue
So off black.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 02:45 PM 04-17-2021
‘Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants so long as it is black.’

I'm not a car guy, but I think most cars are fairly bland looking and have been for decades. Bright colors on boring cars just look silly.

p.s. Do you guys have a bunch of dudes driving jacked up trucks in your neck of the woods? Nothing funnier than seeing some 5 foot 6 dude climbing into a monster truck.
A jacked up truck is better than a jacked up car.

had a 85 cutlass drive though old school parking lot. the chassis was at least 3 feet off the ground with large maybe 26 inch thin tires. it looked stupid.

no cutlass should be treated that way.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Up