ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>Hiatal Hernia.. WTF?
Kman34 10:02 AM 04-16-2021
I went to the ER in Dec because of Diverticulitis and had a CT scan and one of the things that was on the scan was a Hiatal Hernia.. I went to my Doc for a follow up after and he didn’t think it was a big deal if I wasn’t having any Acid reflux.

Went and had an X-ray today for a shoulder issue and they called and said my Hiatal Hernia was quite large and showed up on the X-ray..
This seems concerning to me and I’m going to make an appointment with a Gastroenterologist...

Do any of you guys have any experience with this condition? I’m currently on a diet but still feel bloated sometimes after eating which is a symptom of this.
[Reply]
Monticore 04:37 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Dayum.

The last time my MiL had a flare up, she was in the hospital on IV antibiotics for 3 days.
Actually pretty much any infection can lead to death , UTI , tooth abscess , strep etc.. antibiotics are pretty cool.
[Reply]
Rukdafaidas 06:36 AM 04-17-2021
I've had acid reflux for several years. The only medication that I took for it was Pepcid Complete. It worked better than the other acid reducers, but it still didn't work very well. Every once in a while I would just wake up and immediately have to puke. Especially if I tried to sleep on my right side for some reason. I eventually bought some Omeprazole and tried it and it completely took away all symptoms, but the instructions said to discontinue use after a couple of weeks, so I did and the symptoms immediately came back.
When I turned 50, my doc ordered a colonoscopy and I figured that would be a good time to also do an endoscopy to see what's going on. Turns out that I had a hiatal hernia and Barrett's esophagus. They put me back on Omeprazole and I've been taking it for several months now. All reflux problems have disappeared, but I am concerned about long term issues from the medication.
[Reply]
scho63 07:08 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Eureka:
Does water fasting do anything for this condition?
Ends it
[Reply]
Coogs 07:58 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Rukdafaidas:
I've had acid reflux for several years. The only medication that I took for it was Pepcid Complete. It worked better than the other acid reducers, but it still didn't work very well. Every once in a while I would just wake up and immediately have to puke. Especially if I tried to sleep on my right side for some reason. I eventually bought some Omeprazole and tried it and it completely took away all symptoms, but the instructions said to discontinue use after a couple of weeks, so I did and the symptoms immediately came back.
When I turned 50, my doc ordered a colonoscopy and I figured that would be a good time to also do an endoscopy to see what's going on. Turns out that I had a hiatal hernia and Barrett's esophagus. They put me back on Omeprazole and I've been taking it for several months now. All reflux problems have disappeared, but I am concerned about long term issues from the medication.
I had/have similar issues. To the point I became worried about dying by asphyxiation from throwing up in my sleep from the acid reflux. My wife and I purchased a split top adjustable bed frame four months ago, and I now sleep with my upper body elevated. I pretty much never take antacids anymore, and have not had acid reflux episodes during the night since.
[Reply]
Rukdafaidas 08:15 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Coogs:
I had/have similar issues. To the point I became worried about dying by asphyxiation from throwing up in my sleep from the acid reflux. My wife and I purchased a split top adjustable bed frame four months ago, and I now sleep with my upper body elevated. I pretty much never take antacids anymore, and have not had acid reflux episodes during the night since.
Interesting. I'll have to look into that.
[Reply]
JD10367 02:20 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Yeah, there's barely room in a smart car for xxsmall testes, don't want to crowd the limited space you've got.
I dunno, I don't see other guys' balls for comparison, but your wife says mine are huge. She can barely fit them in her mouth.
[Reply]
Pablo 03:01 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by JD10367:
I dunno, I don't see other guys' balls for comparison, but your wife says mine are huge. She can barely fit them in her mouth.
Damn, if she's gonna blow the ticket taker at the movie theater she could have at least brought me home some popcorn.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up