ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 12
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Didn't get what the big deal was about the whole Boulevard dealio.
BIG_DADDY 09:41 AM 04-16-2021
I have had a lot of great beers living in N California for 35 years. I tried a Boulevard beer once and I have to admit I didn't get what the big deal was. Last night I went to a place called On Tap. They have 40 beers on tap. I tried the Boulevard Quadruple bourbon barrel aged with cherries. WOW, I get it now. What are your favorites? I gotta try some now that they are more available.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 10:46 AM 04-16-2021
Doublewide IPA was excellent; I don't think they make it anymore though :-)
NorCal equivalent = Firestone Walker Double Jack, which coincidentally is also discontinued.

Sixth Glass is a quadruple(!!) IPA. Be careful with that one; it'll kick you in the balls if you have too much.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 10:56 AM 04-16-2021
For me, Tank 7 is arguably the best beer that I've ever had.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:57 AM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
I tried Leinenkugel’s Canoe Paddle Kölsch recently. Not bad for a non-craft beer.
A good Kölsch is really hard to beat. Not had that one.

St Arnold out of Houston makes a few varieties/plays on Kölsch that are perfect summer beers.

Aptly named as well.

[Reply]
Lzen 11:00 AM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Coors > Boulevard

BAN HIM!!!!!!!!!
:-)
[Reply]
Lzen 11:03 AM 04-16-2021
Irish is great as well as Tank 7.

Their Pale Ale is a decent offering but there are a ton of good pale ales. I will say that I prefer it over Free State's Copperhead because that one is too bitter.

And I'm not a big IPA guy but I do enjoy one once in awhile. They used to make one (not sure if it is still around these days) called Double Wide IPA which was one of the best IPAs I've ever had.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 11:05 AM 04-16-2021
Obviously I need to try Tank 7 .
[Reply]
Lzen 11:07 AM 04-16-2021
Since we're talking about other beers in this thread, I'm a huge Maibock fan. The only ones I can get here in Topeka are our local brewery's (Blind Tiger) offering. And it is an award winning beer so I'm lucky there.

But if you want a Maibock in bottles then you should try Free State's Brinkley's Helles Bock, formally called Brinkley's Maibock. I buy that by the case (not kidding). :-)

Also, KC Bier Co. makes a decent Maibock, though I haven't seen it available yet this year.

Sry to derail your thread but I have to talk about one of my two favorite styles (Maibock and Octoberfest).
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:07 AM 04-16-2021
Boulevard is middle of the pack when it comes to KC breweries.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 11:43 AM 04-16-2021
I have always loved the "Bob's 47" and the story behind it.

[Reply]
Bearcat 11:51 AM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
Doublewide IPA was excellent; I don't think they make it anymore though:-)
I don't believe so either... I like IPAs, but outside of some of the milkshake IPAs, I feel like once you've tried a few you've tried them all...... but, I'd buy Double Wide every summer. It could be dangerous, too... think it was ~9-10%, IIRC.

Originally Posted by Lzen:
Since we're talking about other beers in this thread, I'm a huge Maibock fan. The only ones I can get here in Topeka are our local brewery's (Blind Tiger) offering. And it is an award winning beer so I'm lucky there.
I remember having a Blind Tiger stout years back and it was pretty outstanding.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 12:19 PM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
A good Kölsch is really hard to beat. Not had that one.

St Arnold out of Houston makes a few varieties/plays on Kölsch that are perfect summer beers.

Aptly named as well.

Love the lawnmower....I spent time in Houston 5 or so years ago, and that was the go to for me there....
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:27 PM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
Sixth Glass is a quadruple(!!) IPA. Be careful with that one; it'll kick you in the balls if you have too much.
FYI, a Quadrupel, and Sixth Glass in particular, is a Belgian style ale and not an IPA

But yeah, they can be high in ABV by Belgian standards
[Reply]
Mahomes4MVP 12:35 PM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yeah Decorah is a bit of a haul for me. Maybe if I head up to the Twin Cities sometime I'll stop in and get you some.
You can get Toppling Goliath brews at most Hy-Vee and Trader Joe's stores in Des Moines. You don't have to go that far.

I should add that I don't usually see all of the different TG brews at stores in Des Moines, but you can definitely get Pseudo Sue and Dorothy's New World Lager (my favorite) at the very least.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:42 PM 04-16-2021
Check them TG packaging dates if can actually find them on the packaging.

Great fresh, but can sit around and deteriorate on the shelf if stores aren't diligent.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:47 PM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Coors > Boulevard
Damn that was low effort.

Speaking of which, Coors is definitely the worst of the three big light beers.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 12
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up