ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>New IPhone SE. Experience with one?
gblowfish 12:20 PM 04-15-2021
Mrs B and I have always had the same kind of cellphone. Right now we've got IPhone 6s which are old. Her battery won't hold a charge for long, and mine is literally coming apart. So I contacted Straight Talk -who we have our cell service with- and bought 2 iPhone SE 64GB phones for $149 ea. Anybody have this phone? Reviews look pretty good, seems to be a lot like my current phone only updated with newer guts. Hopefully I didn't make a terrible consumer purchase!
[Reply]
Bwana 02:33 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I have the iPhone 11 Pro Max because of the larger screen. It has night photo capabilties which are really cool if you take pictures at night but are otherwise worthless.

Yep, that's what I'm running with, along with the 512 GB, it's been great.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 02:37 PM 04-15-2021
I have the new iPhone SE. The battery isn't as good as the larger phones, but its fine.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 03:30 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I basically use my phone for a phone, so yeah, i'm OK with it.
I’ve got a 7 through Straight Talk and they finally enabled the hotspot. Been streaming Netflix to the Smart TV for 14 days.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:41 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Yep, that's what I'm running with, along with the 512 GB, it's been great.
Yeah, I have the 512GB model too but I have a ton of music so I use almost all of my storage.
[Reply]
lewdog 03:43 PM 04-15-2021
My parents have that and they’re old as fuck. They like it for their basic needs.

You’ll be fine!
[Reply]
vailpass 04:05 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I thought I would miss Touch ID.

Until I used Face ID for about 5 minutes. :-)
Face ID may be the one thing that keeps me from switching back to Android next time I get a new phone. It's spectacular.
[Reply]
007 04:07 PM 04-15-2021
My wife and I have the second gen SE. We are happy with them.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 04:08 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Face ID may be the one thing that keeps me from switching back to Android next time I get a new phone. It's spectacular.
One of my only complaints about apple phones is Siri- it still sucks.
[Reply]
Cntrygal 04:10 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Mrs B and I have always had the same kind of cellphone. Right now we've got IPhone 6s which are old. Her battery won't hold a charge for long, and mine is literally coming apart. So I contacted Straight Talk -who we have our cell service with- and bought 2 iPhone SE 64GB phones for $149 ea. Anybody have this phone? Reviews look pretty good, seems to be a lot like my current phone only updated with newer guts. Hopefully I didn't make a terrible consumer purchase!
I have the 4s and a couple friends have been telling me to "get with the times" lol
[Reply]
vailpass 04:16 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
One of my only complaints about apple phones is Siri- it still sucks.
What don't you like about Siri? I don't use it enough to know.
Only time I use it is if I'm in the shower and want to skip to the next song on Spotify. It works for that.

Apple Car Play sucks complete ass compared to Android Car Play though, and Siri is worthless in that feature. With Android, you can tell Google to play any song and it will play it immediately drawn from YouTube or Spotify or wherever.
Not Apple. Those pricks will only play a song from iTunes. Which I do not use. The voice texting feature on Apple Car Play is complete crap compared to Android as well.

"Hey Google" works for everything.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:32 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by Cntrygal:
I have the 4s and a couple friends have been telling me to "get with the times" lol
You really should. The code base for those phones is no longer being maintained. It's really not a good idea to get that far behind.
[Reply]
Fish 04:32 PM 04-15-2021
Android phones have facial recognition. Just not nearly as secure. Which they straight up admit when you enable. Something like "This method isn't as secure as other methods, and someone that looks like you might be able to unlock your phone or use a picture of you." LOL

I'm really digging the in-display fingerprint scanner in my new Galaxy S21 though. Best fingerprint scanner I've ever tried. I'd bet the next iPhone has one. When covid hit, the mask requirements screwed up a lot of people's routines using FaceID.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:34 PM 04-15-2021
What don't you like about Siri? I don't use it enough to know.
Only time I use it is if I'm in the shower and want to skip to the next song on Spotify. It works for that.

Apple Car Play sucks complete ass compared to Android Car Play though, and Siri is worthless in that feature. With Android, you can tell Google to play any song and it will play it immediately drawn from YouTube or Spotify or wherever.
Not Apple. Those pricks will only play a song from iTunes. Which I do not use. The voice texting feature on Apple Car Play is complete crap compared to Android as well.

"Hey Google" works for everything.
My household has Amazon and Google devices. I use Siri infrequently but when I do, she does what I ask. I've never had an issue with speech to text but then again, I use it on my phone directly, I don't use Car Play.

Alexa and Google? They like to pull shit out of thin air and offer up odd advice not even related to what was asked.

I can stand any of the personal assistants, honestly. The all suck.
[Reply]
notorious 04:36 PM 04-15-2021
Went from a 7+ to SE last year. I like it quite a bit.

I would throw money at Apple if they made a 5S sized phone again.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:38 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Android phones have facial recognition. Just not nearly as secure. Which they straight up admit when you enable. Something like "This method isn't as secure as other methods, and someone that looks like you might be able to unlock your phone or use a picture of you." LOL
Yeah, my daughter unlocks my wife's Note all the time, she thinks it's hilarious that the phone can't tell them apart.

Originally Posted by Fish:
I'm really digging the in-display fingerprint scanner in my new Galaxy S21 though. Best fingerprint scanner I've ever tried. I'd bet the next iPhone has one. When covid hit, the mask requirements screwed up a lot of people's routines using FaceID.
The 13 is rumored to be incorporating fingerprint under the glass. I hope they do, I've seen it on the Samsung and it's pretty nice.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up