ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 61
« First < 344041424344 4546474854 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Report: Orlando Brown requests trade from Ravens, wants to play LT
Sofa King 01:40 PM 02-10-2021
Moving on from Fisher? Probably not.

Cap room for him? Not really, but moves could be made.

Draft capital for him? Maybe, but we're awfully low in the draft.

Tunsil trade (For record-keeping purposes, the trade saw the Dolphins acquire first-round picks in 2020 and 2021 and a second-round pick in 2021 along with offensive tackle Julién Davenport and defensive back Johnson Bademosi in exchange for Tunsil, wide receiver Kenny Stills, a 2020 fourth-round pick and a 2021 sixth-round selection.)

https://www.nfl.com/news/orlando-bro...nts-to-play-lt

It only took the Ravens a little over a year to learn their selection of Orlando Brown was a wise one, but they've met a new challenge with the tackle that could be their last.

Brown has expressed his desire to be traded, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday. After spending the majority of 2020 on the left side in place of the injured Ronnie Stanley, Brown has found his comfort zone and does not want to return to the right side. He'll only play for a team that will line him up at his preferred left tackle position, per Rapoport.

Rapoport added the Ravens value Brown significantly and would need major compensation in order to do a deal.

Brown's background is on the left side, but he ended up in Baltimore as a right tackle after a poor pre-draft showing saw him slide from a first-round projection to an eventual third-round pick of the Ravens. He blossomed in 2019 and especially in 2020 after switching to the left side to replace Stanley, earning his second straight trip to the Pro Bowl -- and first as an initial selection. Thanks to Brown's quick adjustment to the left side of the line, Baltimore didn't lose much in offensive production following Stanley's injury, finishing as the league's No. 1 rushing offense for a second straight season.

Brown's success on the left side and desire to remain there might very well also be tied to the financial ramifications of the tackle position. As it currently stands, there is a $5 million per year difference between the league's highest-paid right tackle (Philadelphia's Lane Johnson) and left tackle (Green Bay's David Bakhtiari). Of the top 10 highest-paid tackles in the NFL (in terms of average salary per year), only two -- Johnson and Las Vegas' Trent Brown -- are right tackles.

Orlando Brown missed out on significant money typically afforded to first-round picks right around the moment when he racked the bar after just 14 bench-press reps during a nightmarish 2018 NFL Scouting Combine. He's made a little over $1.8 million in base salary total in his first three seasons, and though he will see a significant boost in 2021 (base salary of $3.38 million) due to the structure of his rookie deal, that's still an incredibly far cry from where tackles of his level land in compensation ranking.

After demonstrating his ability to effectively handle the transition from right to left tackle -- a return to his roots, essentially -- Brown is in a prime position to capitalize financially and beyond. He'll maximize his earning potential by remaining a left tackle, and he'll probably enjoy playing the game a bit more in a stance and vantage point that's more familiar to him, anyway.

If that doesn't fit in Baltimore, the Ravens will have to move him. And though this isn't exactly the best way to ensure maximum leverage in a deal, they'll probably still get a haul for him.
[Reply]
O.city 08:22 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:

I’d prepare for the possibility that this is our guy at 31.
Doesn’t he have some medical concerns
[Reply]
Coogs 08:36 AM 04-17-2021
98th percentile in the vertical jump at 34.5
99th percentile in the broad jump at 9-10
94th percentile in the 40 at 4.96

But he doesn't wow you with athleticism.

Just what percentile in those 3 events do you need to score to wow someone?
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:51 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:

I’d prepare for the possibility that this is our guy at 31.
I've been talking about Leatherwood for weeks now but some nfl scouting reports suggested he could move to guard while others disagreed. Then I hear chiefs podcast guys saying "he didn't do well against top pass rushers" but the fact is Leatherwood has the physical attributes, plus the experience of playing LT for years for a championship team like Bama so he might be as good as it gets for us tbh. Although Little and Stone are intriguing too.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:58 AM 04-17-2021
Leatherwood has issues with power. No fucking thanks.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:07 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
I've been talking about Leatherwood for weeks now but some nfl scouting reports suggested he could move to guard while others disagreed. Then I hear chiefs podcast guys saying "he didn't do well against top pass rushers" but the fact is Leatherwood has the physical attributes, plus the experience of playing LT for years for a championship team like Bama so he might be as good as it gets for us tbh. Although Little and Stone are intriguing too.
"Experience of playing [insert position] for years for a championship team" is a phrase that has gotten many future NFL busts overdrafted throughout the years.

When they get to the pros, so many of these national championship game stars who have all this experience playing on the biggest stage see their dicks shrivel up so much they shoot out the butthole.

Not saying they all do it or that we should avoid all players from championship teams, but if these players aren't built to be NFL football players, then let some other team glean all that wisdom and experience from playing against fucking chemistry majors.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:02 PM 04-17-2021

Top 75 picks at OT w/ >34” arms:
Dillon Radunz
Christian Darasaw
Stone Forsythe
Spencer Brown

Top 75 picks at OT w/ >33.5” arms:
Teven Jenkins
Walker Little
Alex Leatherwood

If your favorite OT prospect isn’t on this list, there’s a good chance the #Chiefs won’t select him.

— Brandon Kiley (@BKSportsTalk) April 17, 2021

[Reply]
BossChief 02:28 PM 04-17-2021
The guy can’t even spell Darrisaw...but I think it’s very possible we move up for him if he falls out of the top 10. He’s the prospect that resembles Trent Williams the most in body and style.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:45 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Radunz is under the 33.5 threshold, this guy has info fucked
[Reply]
RunKC 02:55 PM 04-17-2021
I agree. I still believe that Teven Jenkins is who they want that is realistic. If that doesn’t work out I think Forsythe, Leatherwood and Brown are tiered next with mid 2nd rd target points with Little being able to be had at 63.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:11 PM 04-17-2021
Somehow, Jenkins is going to fall to the Chiefs and they'll sprint the card to the podium. At that point, the Chiefs have already won the draft.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:45 AM 04-18-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
The guy can’t even spell Darrisaw...but I think it’s very possible we move up for him if he falls out of the top 10. He’s the prospect that resembles Trent Williams the most in body and style.
He would be fantastic but.............. to move from 31 to 11-13 would cripple our drafts for 2 years at least. More likely 3.

Mahomes is our football savior. He needs to be upright and not on the run for his life for us to win. If this was the only way to accomplish that goal, by all means, pull the trigger. But.............. we need the draft to have quality low cost players on our team to help balance our stars top $ contracts.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:48 AM 04-18-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Somehow, Jenkins is going to fall to the Chiefs and they'll sprint the card to the podium. At that point, the Chiefs have already won the draft.
I've not seen any reputable mocks that have Jenkins falling to us at 31. Somehow, someway, cross your fingers doesn't sound like something Veach does on draft day.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:58 AM 04-18-2021
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette believes the Steelers are "most likely" to use their first-round pick on a running back.
Longtime Steelers reporter Gerry Dulac believes the team will address the backfield "no later" than the second round. Dulac points to the team's complete revamp of its offensive coaching personnel before letting James Conner walk in free agency. The Steelers have the No. 24 overall pick on Day 1. Clemson's Travis Etienne is probably the draft's best back over Alabama's Najee Harris and North Carolina's Javonte Williams, offering elite edge and open-field ability to go with a three-down skill-set. Dulac believes the Steelers want to go back to an alpha approach after employing middling committees the past few seasons. That would make whoever arrives on Day 1 or 2 an instant RB2.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:03 AM 04-18-2021
That would be great.

I’m also hoping Mac Jones falls to 19/20 or at least close enough for the WFT or Bears to trade up.

Those 2 things would really increase the possibility of a T slipping.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 12:11 PM 04-18-2021
has me convinced we stay put at 31
[Reply]
Page 44 of 61
« First < 344041424344 4546474854 > Last »
Up