ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 61
« First < 678910 111213142060 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Report: Orlando Brown requests trade from Ravens, wants to play LT
Sofa King 01:40 PM 02-10-2021
Moving on from Fisher? Probably not.

Cap room for him? Not really, but moves could be made.

Draft capital for him? Maybe, but we're awfully low in the draft.

Tunsil trade (For record-keeping purposes, the trade saw the Dolphins acquire first-round picks in 2020 and 2021 and a second-round pick in 2021 along with offensive tackle Julién Davenport and defensive back Johnson Bademosi in exchange for Tunsil, wide receiver Kenny Stills, a 2020 fourth-round pick and a 2021 sixth-round selection.)

https://www.nfl.com/news/orlando-bro...nts-to-play-lt

It only took the Ravens a little over a year to learn their selection of Orlando Brown was a wise one, but they've met a new challenge with the tackle that could be their last.

Brown has expressed his desire to be traded, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday. After spending the majority of 2020 on the left side in place of the injured Ronnie Stanley, Brown has found his comfort zone and does not want to return to the right side. He'll only play for a team that will line him up at his preferred left tackle position, per Rapoport.

Rapoport added the Ravens value Brown significantly and would need major compensation in order to do a deal.

Brown's background is on the left side, but he ended up in Baltimore as a right tackle after a poor pre-draft showing saw him slide from a first-round projection to an eventual third-round pick of the Ravens. He blossomed in 2019 and especially in 2020 after switching to the left side to replace Stanley, earning his second straight trip to the Pro Bowl -- and first as an initial selection. Thanks to Brown's quick adjustment to the left side of the line, Baltimore didn't lose much in offensive production following Stanley's injury, finishing as the league's No. 1 rushing offense for a second straight season.

Brown's success on the left side and desire to remain there might very well also be tied to the financial ramifications of the tackle position. As it currently stands, there is a $5 million per year difference between the league's highest-paid right tackle (Philadelphia's Lane Johnson) and left tackle (Green Bay's David Bakhtiari). Of the top 10 highest-paid tackles in the NFL (in terms of average salary per year), only two -- Johnson and Las Vegas' Trent Brown -- are right tackles.

Orlando Brown missed out on significant money typically afforded to first-round picks right around the moment when he racked the bar after just 14 bench-press reps during a nightmarish 2018 NFL Scouting Combine. He's made a little over $1.8 million in base salary total in his first three seasons, and though he will see a significant boost in 2021 (base salary of $3.38 million) due to the structure of his rookie deal, that's still an incredibly far cry from where tackles of his level land in compensation ranking.

After demonstrating his ability to effectively handle the transition from right to left tackle -- a return to his roots, essentially -- Brown is in a prime position to capitalize financially and beyond. He'll maximize his earning potential by remaining a left tackle, and he'll probably enjoy playing the game a bit more in a stance and vantage point that's more familiar to him, anyway.

If that doesn't fit in Baltimore, the Ravens will have to move him. And though this isn't exactly the best way to ensure maximum leverage in a deal, they'll probably still get a haul for him.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:44 AM 03-24-2021
I seriously doubt the Ravens even consider it unless it's a massive overpayment on our part.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:44 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:

I’d be happy if we send pick 31 and a conditional 2022 pick for OBJ2 .

Here we go again....
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:49 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I seriously doubt the Ravens even consider it unless it's a massive overpayment on our part.
I agree.

I would love to get Brown for the asking price - a top 40 pick.

The problem is that there's no way the Ravens stay there for a team that is their main rival in the AFC currently.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 12:02 PM 03-24-2021
If the Ravens actually traded us Brown for reasonable compensation, I'd be pretty worried the guy sucks or wouldn't be a good fit. There's no reason for them to trade us anything of value unless we seriously overpay, which we're not going to do.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:07 PM 03-24-2021
I don't see this happening.
[Reply]
TEX 12:11 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
If the Ravens actually traded us Brown for reasonable compensation, I'd be pretty worried the guy sucks or wouldn't be a good fit. There's no reason for them to trade us anything of value unless we seriously overpay, which we're not going to do.
Exactly. Someone said it earlier in the thread, that the only way they do it is if they feel they fleeced us.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:13 PM 03-24-2021
Yep. Exactly.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:17 PM 03-24-2021
They can replace the RT spot in this draft and keep it cost controlled. They already paid Stanley. They can’t pay 2 tackles LT money and OBJ2 has made it clear he wants to play LEFT tackle.

It’s highly unlikely Baltimore trades him to us, no question...but if we offer more than other teams I highly doubt they disregard the offer that makes them better just to keep Brown from us.

I agree that for similar compensation there’s no chance Baltimore would send him here, but that’s not what I proposed.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:08 PM 03-24-2021
Honestly I'd rather see what Niang could do for us at LT before sending our first rounder to Baltimore for a guy that may or may not be out of position for us there.
[Reply]
sedated 02:52 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Honestly I'd rather see what Niang could do for us at LT before sending our first rounder to Baltimore for a guy that may or may not be out of position for us there.
If Niang sucks, then just have Mahomes get killed for a season? Seems like an all eggs in one basket situation.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 03:59 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Not sure a first would be enough. Then the contract he'd want in the not al distant future. Hard pass on this guy.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 10:14 AM 03-25-2021
What would it cost? and have we shown any interest?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:37 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Not sure a first would be enough. Then the contract he'd want in the not al distant future. Hard pass on this guy.
You'd have an extension already agreed to before any trade. Texans learned that the hard way with Tunsil.
[Reply]
TEX 10:41 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
You'd have an extension already agreed to before any trade. Texans learned that the hard way with Tunsil.
Exactly the case.
[Reply]
dj56dt58 10:57 AM 03-25-2021
all this talk about not overpaying for left tackles like we aren't trying to protect a half billion dollar qb. You protect your investment (Mahomes) at all cost. Teams that fail to do that, not only don't win superbowls, they also get their qb hurt and pissed off
[Reply]
Page 10 of 61
« First < 678910 111213142060 > Last »
Up