ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 69 of 319
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119169 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:50 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Sure.

We'd lost one game in a year and a half until we couldn't block anybody.
Dude it’s not one or the other. They’re both mutually exclusive.

We brought in Watkins and you can see the difference in this offense when he doesn’t play versus when he does and he’s healthy.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:50 AM 02-15-2021
Sure.

We'd lost one game in a year and a half until we couldn't block anybody.
You just admitted that this is all because of one game, then.

We wither lost one game in a year and a half with ALL of these warts or with none of them. :-)
[Reply]
O.city 10:51 AM 02-15-2021
I trust andy more to scheme up guys getting open vs scheming up blocking atleast.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:51 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
My assumption is that you’ve got three starters right now in Allegretti, LDT and Niang. People may not like that but I assume that’s how they go.

LDT is starting at RG.
Is Allegretti at LG or did they draft him to be the future at Center?
Is Niang going to be RT or did they envision him more as a OG?
They envisioned Niang to be an OT.

They figured he might play G in year 1, which to me says they thought he'd be one of their best 5, but unlikely to unseat Fisher or Schwartz.

I am hopeful that he's a long-term starter. I would like to hedge that bet with more talent.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:52 AM 02-15-2021
Also, we lost that game because we had backups on the offensive line pretty much at every position. We aren’t fielding 10 starting offensive linemen next year.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:52 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I trust andy more to scheme up guys getting open vs scheming up blocking atleast.
We've got people in this very thread complaining the Hardman ran the wrong route on two different occasions.

If he doesn't, and he scores, we might win.

Which then suggests that maybe, just maybe, getting a WR is just as important as upgrading the line.

It's not black and white.
[Reply]
MGRS13 10:53 AM 02-15-2021
They could bring johnny manziel in for a look. I just saw he’s playing in some sub par arena football league now. Oof. That’s not a fall from grace more of a cliff dive.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:54 AM 02-15-2021

They figured he might play G in year 1, which to me says they thought he'd be one of their best 5, but unlikely to unseat Fisher or Schwartz.

I am hopeful that he's a long-term starter. I would like to hedge that bet with more talent.
I get it, I do.

But I don't think we're in a position to "hedge".

We should bring in starters, not backups. If you're "hedging" you're admitting from the get go that said draft pick is going to be a backup, at least for some time, under normal circumstances.

I just don't like it. Too many needs to be spending resources on contingency plans. For sure, draft volume for depth but not in the early rounds.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:54 AM 02-15-2021

Ok. So that shores up the right side of the line. My guess is that unless they draft a LG high or sign one....Allegretti is your LG.

So we have to figure out how to hold down LT until Fisher gets back or try to replace him. That and center. I could see them drafting a center in the top 3 rounds and possibly finding a developmental LT later on. Get a stop gap until Fisher gets back.

That still allows you to take a DE or WR high if you still want one.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:54 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You just admitted that this is all because of one game, then.

We wither lost one game in a year and a half with ALL of these warts or with none of them. :-)
don't be disingenuous.

September '21 looks just like February. Fisher will not be in the line-up. Schwartz probably done.

We have zero proven offensive tackles that are healthy enough to play.

It's not so much about one game as it is about an injury situation that will not be solved without making moves.
[Reply]
O.city 10:55 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
We've got people in this very thread complaining the Hardman ran the wrong route on two different occasions.

If he doesn't, and he scores, we might win.

Which then suggests that maybe, just maybe, getting a WR is just as important as upgrading the line.

It's not black and white.
I’ve just seen him do it with guys like Albert wilson and Jason avant- for years.

That’s not about getting high end weapons as much as it is about having polished smart ones.

I’d imagine they’ll bring in both not either or though in terms of ol and wr
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:55 AM 02-15-2021
Ok. So that shores up the right side of the line. My guess is that unless they draft a LG high or sign one....Allegretti is your LG.

So we have to figure out how to hold down LT until Fisher gets back or try to replace him. That and center. I could see them drafting a center in the top 3 rounds and possibly finding a developmental LT later on. Get a stop gap until Fisher gets back.

That still allows you to take a DE or WR high if you still want one.
My preference at this point if the draft shakes out the way the mocks are trending would be DE at #1, OT at #2, WR at #3.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:56 AM 02-15-2021
don't be disingenuous.

September '21 looks just like February. Fisher will not be in the line-up. Schwartz probably done.

It's not so much about one game as it is about an injury situation that will not be solved without making moves.
And if we commit 1st, 2nd, and/or 3rd round draft resources to the offensive line, we STILL have zero proven offensive tackles that are healthy enough to play.

We just now have less resources to address other positions.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:56 AM 02-15-2021
don't be disingenuous.

And where are you finding two starting tackles? Keep in mind that they aren’t drafting tackles in the first and second round and starting them.
[Reply]
O.city 11:00 AM 02-15-2021
And where are you finding two starting tackles? Keep in mind that they aren’t drafting tackles in the first and second round and starting them.
Whoever they draft needs to start

I’m kinda tired of this “development” bullshit. If a guy needs that much development don’t take him that early
[Reply]
Page 69 of 319
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119169 > Last »
Up