ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 319
< 1234 56781454104 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:21 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Frank Clark is making $26.3 million in 2022 and $27.8 million in 2023, do you really want to see them kick the can down the road and see that 2023 number go up to $30 million? That's an insane contract for someone who isn't even a top 20 DE in the NFL.
What do you want them to do?

If they do nothing, his cap hit in 2021 is $25M.

They can't cut him. His dead cap hit would be almost $40M. They either have to kick the can down the road or use up almost 15% of the cap to pay him in 2021.

It's a no-win situation honestly.
[Reply]
O.city 12:23 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
It sounds a bit elitist, but yeah. We’ve got the best player in the world, one of the best coaches, a bunch of studs on the roster and (what appears to be) a great front office. It’s disappointing when we don’t win the whole thing.

I understand how hard it is and that’s exactly why I say we “wasted” those two years by getting so close and not taking home the hardware. The one Lombardi is great and comforted me after the loss in the 2018 AFCCG and this last Super Bowl, but realistically we should have cashed in on one more in these last three years.

It’s only going to get more difficult as time moves on.
If everything you say in the first paragraph is true, no, it won’t get “harder”

There won’t ever be another patriots type run. It’s just not gonna happen. Stop holding it up as anything.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:23 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
lol really?

If wasting years is 3 straight afc champ games, 2 sb appearances and 1 win I hope we waste a bunch.

The pats and Brady have skewed so many people’s thinking on these things it’s hilarious.
Yup Rodgers hasn’t even been to a Super Bowl in more than a decade. Russel Wilson hasn’t been to a conference championship since 2014 and Drew Brees didn’t ever make it back to the SB.

Dan Marino went to ONE SB and then never made it back either.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:23 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
This. We find his replacement this year or next and let him go in the 22 offseason if he doesn't agree to a payout. In a perfect world we trade out of the 1st round altogether and get someone's 1st next year, they stink and we can grab a monster DE.
His cap hit for 2021 is $25M. In order to cut him after the season, they'd have to pay that. That's almost 15% of the total cap.

I don't see any way to get around it, they're going to have to extend him because paying him is going to kill their free agency plans.
[Reply]
O.city 12:24 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

They can't cut him. His dead cap hit would be almost $40M. They either have to kick the can down the road or use up almost 15% of the cap to pay him in 2021.

Kick the can

Get him healthy. He was good in the playoffs
[Reply]
Pants 12:25 PM 02-09-2021

Love Frank, but goddamn. That is fucking brutal.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:25 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yup Rodgers hasn’t even been to a Super Bowl in more than a decade. Russel Wilson hasn’t been to a conference championship since 2014 and Drew Brees didn’t ever make it back to the SB.

As great as Tom Brady is, he only went to 2 Super Bowls between 2004 and 2014 and lost both of them.

There's no guarantees.

That being said, it isn't doom and gloom. As long as we have Mahomes, we're in the hunt. The front office just has to be better than GB and Seattle, which should be too hard - they're awful.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:26 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Kick the can

Get him healthy. He was good in the playoffs
I would prefer to see him gone after 2021 myself.

I just don't see any way to get there without taking a huge chunk out of the plan for 2021 itself.

They're stuck.
[Reply]
O.city 12:27 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Exactly.

If you wanna say they wasted 2018, fine. Maybe understandable.

But any season that ends with a super bowl experience especially after you’ve won 1, whatever.

Stack appearances and you’ll win a few.
[Reply]
O.city 12:29 PM 02-09-2021
I would prefer to see him gone after 2021 myself.

I just don't see any way to get there without taking a huge chunk out of the plan for 2021 itself.

They're stuck.
I don’t think he was healthy this year. He’s hopefully still got that playing ability somewhere
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:31 PM 02-09-2021
Clark is fifth all time in playoff sacks. CP criminally underrates him
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:32 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Clark is fifth all time in playoff sacks. CP criminally underrates him
Yeah he really tore it up against Bucs in the SB.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:38 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
God damn....you are stupid as fuck.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:38 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
He had the only sack and stopped a end around for a loss of 3
[Reply]
RunKC 12:38 PM 02-09-2021
As great as Tom Brady is, he only went to 2 Super Bowls between 2004 and 2014 and lost both of them.

There's no guarantees.

That being said, it isn't doom and gloom. As long as we have Mahomes, we're in the hunt. The front office just has to be better than GB and Seattle, which should be too hard - they're awful.
I feel good about our drafts the last 2 years. Even 2018 wasn’t terrible since we got Charvarious Ward for pennies to go with Nnandi.

I can’t state how good I think last years rookies will be. Clyde and Sneed are A+ picks. Niang has potential.

I really think Danna, Gay and Wharton will improve a lot in year 2. They all suffered from the pandemic.

Gay flashed a ton but didn’t know what he was doing. Should be ready next year.
And Wharton/Danna were smaller guys who didn’t have the opportunity to bulk up. I think they’ll get bigger and faster with a real NFL training program.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02-09-2021, 12:40 PM
This message has been deleted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!.
Page 4 of 319
< 1234 56781454104 > Last »
Up