ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 159 of 319
« First < 59109149155156157158159 160161162163169209259 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:30 PM 03-06-2021
People on Chiefsplanet used to say "Wow, wouldn't it be great to have a QB like Tom Brady so that the team wouldn't have to continually spend high draft picks on Offensive Lineman?".

And now that the Chiefs have an MVP, Super Bowl QB it's "Oh!!! FATTIES! Gotta protect the MVP!!!!@!@@@(@@()@(&)@".

It. Never. Fucking. Ends.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:31 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
All though I'll throw this out here to drive you crazy Dane. What if Veach is saying that to play games to make teams think tackle isnt a priority so a team wont try and jump in front of us to take a tackle in the draft
The guys available at #31 won't be ready to start Week 1, especially if there's a restricted offseason again, so I just don't foresee that happening.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:34 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Because that's what Veach said....?

”Well I think right off the bat he’ll have a chance to kick in there and compete at guard,” Veach said
Having a "chance" to compete for a guard spot, because both tackle spots have been filled, doesn't mean that Niang's career is absolutely, positively going to be at an inside position.

Furthermore, that was one year ago, not last week.

Reid's entire philosophy in regards to offensive lineman is that the "Best 5 guys will play".

That doesn't mean that Niang will spend his career at guard.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:36 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
People on Chiefsplanet used to say "Wow, wouldn't it be great to have a QB like Tom Brady so that the team wouldn't have to continually spend high draft picks on Offensive Lineman?".

And now that the Chiefs have an MVP, Super Bowl QB it's "Oh!!! FATTIES! Gotta protect the MVP!!!!@!@@@(@@()@(&)@".

It. Never. ****ing. Ends.
I dont know if I agree with that strategy though. The Seahawks line with Wilson has been trash for awhile, Until recently there were a few years where Rodgers line was trash and he got hurt, CP would lose its mind if we drafted a RT in the first the Bucs did that for Brady. Wirffs is a stud.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:39 PM 03-06-2021
I’m interested to see what veteran receivers are going to be cut. There’s a good chance that at least one of those guys decides to improve his value with us on a short deal.

I think the market for WR is about to get flooded next week.
[Reply]
Delano 09:42 PM 03-06-2021
Having a "chance" to compete for a guard spot, because both tackle spots have been filled, doesn't mean that Niang's career is absolutely, positively going to be at an inside position.

Reid's entire philosophy in regards to offensive lineman is that the "Best 5 guys will play".

Which is why chiefsplanet shouldn't be surprised when Wiley is starting next year. Reid loves the guy and he fits the prototype for a guard in this system.

Niang gave the Chiefs a ton of flexibility and for some reason lil chiefy is still acting like Veach didn't give himself plenty of room to operate.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:43 PM 03-06-2021
I dont know if I agree with that strategy though. The Seahawks line with Wilson has been trash for awhile
Since 2016, the Seahawks have taken five guards and two centers.

Their first rounder is no longer with the team. 4 of them are out of the league and two are still in the league.

Their drafts have been awful and they've barely invested in their offensive line, so I don't see that as being anywhere similar to what the Chiefs have done under Reid, especially given that he's taken so many late round picks and turned them into average to above-average players.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:50 PM 03-06-2021

It. Never. ****ing. Ends.
Since 2016, the Seahawks have taken five guards and two centers.

Their first rounder is no longer with the team. 4 of them are out of the league and two are still in the league.

Their drafts have been awful and they've barely invested in their offensive line, so I don't see that as being anywhere similar to what the Chiefs have done under Reid, especially given that he's taken so many late round picks and turned them into average to above-average players.
Well yeah that's part of it Schnieder/Carroll suck now and Wilson is on pace to be the most sacked QB in NFL history. So yeah a little different situation here but I dont think the line overall was that good and thats before Schwartz went out. Let's be honest he was ass all year. The Buccaneer games come to mind also the game in Denver I think there were 3 straight plays where Mahomes was engulfed.

Another thing to consider as Mahomes cap goes up there will be some decisions to be made in 2022 some key guys contracts expire. IIRC Fisher is one of those guys. You pointed out there might not be a day 1 starter at LT year 1 but years 2 or 3? Gives you some flexibility from that standpoint.

At the end of the day theres alot of ways Veach can go it's great to have options. I'm not really worried about it. I just want someone opposite of Clark as hes too up and down for my liking and think he should probably be shown the door with another season performance like last years.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:13 PM 03-06-2021

Point out where I said Niang would spend his entire career at G.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:18 PM 03-06-2021
Point out where I said Niang would spend his entire career at G.
:-)

You need to reread your posts.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:23 PM 03-06-2021
"When he was drafted the plan was to play him inside to start."

Don't know how you got him playing at G his whole career out of that statement but alright then.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:23 PM 03-06-2021
Well yeah that's part of it Schnieder/Carroll suck now and Wilson is on pace to be the most sacked QB in NFL history. So yeah a little different situation here but I dont think the line overall was that good and thats before Schwartz went out. Let's be honest he was ass all year. The Buccaneer games come to mind also the game in Denver I think there were 3 straight plays where Mahomes was engulfed.
Schwartz wasn't available for either the Bucs game or the Denver game.

If the line was "ass", the Chiefs wouldn't have won 14 regular season games and made it to the Super Bowl.

Another thing to consider as Mahomes cap goes up there will be some decisions to be made in 2022 some key guys contracts expire. IIRC Fisher is one of those guys. You pointed out there might not be a day 1 starter at LT year 1 but years 2 or 3? Gives you some flexibility from that standpoint.
When the Chiefs need a starting Left Tackle, I fully expect them to do whatever's necessary to procure one, whether it's trading up in the draft or signing a guy in free agency.

Starting Caliber Left Tackles don't sit on the bench for 2 or 3 years. They're generally drafted in the Top Half of the 1st round or signed in Free Agency.

I think the decision will to sign or draft a guy will be determined by whether or not the Chiefs are in a Championship Window at the time of need.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:24 PM 03-06-2021
"When he was drafted the plan was to play him inside to start."

Don't know how you got him playing at G his whole career out of that statement but alright then.
JFC, you can't even remember what you posted an hour ago.

Based on what? When he was drafted the plan was to play him inside to start. Nothing has changed.

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:27 PM 03-06-2021
Again. How did you extrapolate Niang playing at G his entire career out of that statement? I even posted the context of what Veach said and you turned it into this.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:39 PM 03-06-2021
The talk of Niang starting at G was obviously when Fisher and Schwartz were healthy in a way to get your best 5 on the field.

Given the current situation, I don’t think he’s starting off at G coming into camp.
[Reply]
Page 159 of 319
« First < 59109149155156157158159 160161162163169209259 > Last »
Up