ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Media Center>Altered Carbon (Netflix)
unlurking 03:54 PM 12-04-2017

Looks interesting. Have not read the book, but the trailer looks good.
[Reply]
listopencil 06:35 PM 02-02-2018
Now available for streaming. I watched the first episode. It was pretty good. I'm going to continue watching, see what happens.
[Reply]
Icon 06:36 PM 02-02-2018
Show became available today. Just watched the first two episodes. Pretty good so far. Definitely has a Blade Runner feel to it. The cast/acting is solid. The special effects are superb. Definitely looking forward to watching more episodes.
[Reply]
Miles 09:23 PM 02-02-2018
I’ve been looking forward to this all week so hope it holds up.
[Reply]
SAGA45 09:24 PM 02-02-2018
There's a slight Bruce Wayne and Alfred element to it as well. Pretty cool so far
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:38 PM 02-02-2018
Originally Posted by Miles:
I’ve been looking forward to this all week so hope it holds up.
starting the first episode and it’s directed by Miguel Sapochnik. The director of GOT that did Hardhome, battle of the badtards etc.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 11:08 PM 02-02-2018
Watching first episode now.

Seems like they're trying to cram a lot of set-up into the first half hour. But it is interesting enough to keep going. Doesn't seem like the best thing ever but agree it has sort of a Blade Runner vibe.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 11:43 PM 02-02-2018
Changed my mind. Lots of stuff exploding and silly dialogue about a future investigation I don’t give two f’s about. Unless someone tells me it gets seriously better after episode one I’m going to give this one a pass.
[Reply]
Miles 11:51 PM 02-02-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
starting the first episode and it’s directed by Miguel Sapochnik. The director of GOT that did Hardhome, battle of the badtards etc.
Interesting. Thought the first episode was quite solid for being mostly necessary setup and intros.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 02:51 AM 02-03-2018
I binged it all, it's 3 a.m. Thought it was excellent.
[Reply]
listopencil 03:33 AM 02-03-2018
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
I binged it all, it's 3 a.m. Thought it was excellent.
Yeah, me too, I really should have more self control. There were some hokey bits and some things to nit pick here and there but I did enjoy the show.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:00 PM 02-03-2018
Started watching this last night. Very interesting. I like the Blade Runner feel.
[Reply]
listopencil 03:48 PM 02-03-2018
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Changed my mind. Lots of stuff exploding and silly dialogue about a future investigation I don’t give two f’s about. Unless someone tells me it gets seriously better after episode one I’m going to give this one a pass.
I didn't realize going into this that the episodes are directed and written by so many different people. Not that there is a giant group working on each episode, almost each episode is done by a different group. It makes the show uneven. So sometimes it's schlocky and hokey. Sometimes the fight scenes are crap and the dialogue is poor. There is a fight in zero gravity that is just terrible, for instance. Max Headroom shows up at one point (it's him - I checked) and that goes about as you'd expect. The season finale has way too much moralizing in it and the SJW aspects are a bit too on the nose. I hope they can put together a second season with better overall quality and a tighter creative group but I don't know if that's possible.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:21 PM 02-03-2018
Going to fire this up. Feel like I'm coming down with something and staying in tonight sounds like a fantastic idea.
[Reply]
007 08:28 PM 02-03-2018
Did two episodes and I'm just not feeling it. Found myself getting bored.
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 12:19 PM 02-04-2018
Anyone watched it that read the books? How does it compare? How much did they deviate? Where did they stop? Also, was Hendrix in it? I’m gonna be disappointed if it isn’t.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up