ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 112 of 252
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116122162212 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:13 AM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I've been losing myself in Kingdom Come Deliverance of late, which I picked up on sale for $15 on Steam. In some ways it's totally amazing, but at the same time perhaps the most frustrating game I've ever played. EVER. The combat is so difficult to figure out that it makes the Witcher games look like Pong. My character is level 10 and I still get beat down in the tournament like I'm a fucking toddler by the guards who cost 50 pounds each. I assume at some point I'll get it, but I'm not there yet. At least I'm finally to the point where I can fight off the average random assailants that jump me when I'm attempting to fast travel.

It makes sense that everything should be difficult for some bumbling illiterate kid, and this game makes no bones about this. You're not Geralt of Rivia or the Dragonborn, or the Vault Dweller who can at least pick up a gun and shoot it correctly with the aid of a Pip Boy. Everything is a pain in the ass in the beginning. Hell, you have to get to level 5 before you can shoot a bow correctly without injuring yourself, and much like in real life, there is no target reticle in the middle of the screen. At this point I've wished death upon the game developers, their families and everyone they've ever met, but I'm still at it.
I'm still playing this sonofabitch. Picked up all the DLC as well.

It's still a pain in the ass, but also fantastic. I rank it right up there with Witcher 3. I love immersive games like this, and it's frankly a great place to hide from all the shit that's going on right now. You have to eat, but not too much; you have to repair your armor, clothing and weapons; you have to bathe regularly so people will deal with you favorably; you have to feed your dog or he gets pissed and wanders off. If you're going into battle, you'd better prepare yourself beforehand, because you can't drink your potions while fighting. I mostly started over (no desire to play through the very beginning) and did a better job developing my character the second time around. I finally get how the combat works, although there is never a time you become immortal - I can still get jumped and killed by a bunch of peasants if they quickly surround me and start wailing on me from all sides, no matter what kind of weapon I'm wielding or armor I'm wearing. Which I guess is how it would have been in real life.

I did break down and install one mod - it gives me a reticle for bow shooting. That just drove me nuts. Of course, even with the reticle it's still difficult; even with maxed out strength, agility and vitality, Henry still takes forever to pull the string back and fire. I was hoping at higher levels he'd turn into Legolas; ain't fucking happening. The hunting aspect is great fun, though.

I highly recommend this game, despite its warts. But unless you have the patience for the steep learning curve and slow skill development, it may not be for you.
[Reply]
Pants 12:58 PM 04-30-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I'm still playing this sonofabitch. Picked up all the DLC as well.

It's still a pain in the ass, but also fantastic. I rank it right up there with Witcher 3. I love immersive games like this, and it's frankly a great place to hide from all the shit that's going on right now. You have to eat, but not too much; you have to repair your armor, clothing and weapons; you have to bathe regularly so people will deal with you favorably; you have to feed your dog or he gets pissed and wanders off. If you're going into battle, you'd better prepare yourself beforehand, because you can't drink your potions while fighting. I mostly started over (no desire to play through the very beginning) and did a better job developing my character the second time around. I finally get how the combat works, although there is never a time you become immortal - I can still get jumped and killed by a bunch of peasants if they quickly surround me and start wailing on me from all sides, no matter what kind of weapon I'm wielding or armor I'm wearing. Which I guess is how it would have been in real life.

I did break down and install one mod - it gives me a reticle for bow shooting. That just drove me nuts. Of course, even with the reticle it's still difficult; even with maxed out strength, agility and vitality, Henry still takes forever to pull the string back and fire. I was hoping at higher levels he'd turn into Legolas; ain't fucking happening. The hunting aspect is great fun, though.

I highly recommend this game, despite its warts. But unless you have the patience for the steep learning curve and slow skill development, it may not be for you.
I think I got this game on the same sale as you. I have been BALLLLLS deep in Modern Warfare since it came out, though. As soon as I get bored of that, I think I will start on Kingdom Come based on this post alone.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:18 PM 04-30-2020
Just got Metal Gear Solid V and Assassin's Creed Black Flag for $12 total.

Never played either of these franchises before. :-)
[Reply]
Pants 02:33 PM 04-30-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Just got Metal Gear Solid V and Assassin's Creed Black Flag for $12 total.

Never played either of these franchises before. :-)
Both are amazing and can be huge time sinks.

MGS:V has a very bizarre story (it's a Japanese game so I guess that's to be expected) but the gameplay doesn't get better than that. It's an incredible game.

Black Flag is super fun for a while but unless you're an OCD completionist, it gets pretty stale.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:40 PM 04-30-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
Both are amazing and can be huge time sinks.

MGS:V has a very bizarre story (it's a Japanese game so I guess that's to be expected) but the gameplay doesn't get better than that. It's an incredible game.

Black Flag is super fun for a while but unless you're an OCD completionist, it gets pretty stale.
I just want a good story in an open world.

Currently playing this, BTW, to cleanse my palate before going back into fully realized 3D worlds.

[Reply]
Pants 02:58 PM 04-30-2020
I just want a good story in an open world.

Currently playing this, BTW, to cleanse my palate before going back into fully realized 3D worlds.

Have you played The Witcher 3?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:10 PM 04-30-2020
Nope, I'll get to that eventually :-)
[Reply]
Pants 03:13 PM 04-30-2020
Nope, I'll get to that eventually :-)
I mean, that's probably as good as it gets for open world games with good stories.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:39 PM 04-30-2020
This game is so great. That's fucking John Hurt :-)

[Reply]
Frazod 01:32 AM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
I think I got this game on the same sale as you. I have been BALLLLLS deep in Modern Warfare since it came out, though. As soon as I get bored of that, I think I will start on Kingdom Come based on this post alone.
Enjoy. I actually started a third play through. Still haven't finished it yet; like most games of this type, the main quest is a bit of a boat anchor and the fun part is pretty much everything else. I downloaded the DLC only to realize that not having a couple of them from the start was kind of a disadvantage. One's a treasure hunt for a cool set of armor that's useless later in the game, and the other provides you with the dog, who seriously bails your ass out of situations you'd die in otherwise. So I started over again.

Just remember, this game is HARD. Only two difficulty levels - normal and hard, and normal is fucking crazy. Can't imagine what sort of masochist would play it on hard. In the beginning your character couldn't fight his way out of a shithouse, and it takes him a long time to get him up to speed. There's a guard captain you'll run into who'll train you throughout the game. Make full use of him, and pay attention to the various nuances of combat, because it's a bitch. The game doesn't hold your hand at all. Frankly, it tends to slap it instead. The quests are rarely straightforward and your actions can definitely come back to haunt you later. Some of them are tedious as fuck, so be warned. It's still a little twitchy, but most of the bad bugs have been fixed.

Just now I was traveling between towns when a mercenary stopped me and challenged me to a duel. I lost. So then I sicced the dog on him and stabbed him to death while his back was turned. Yeah, I'm a sore loser. :-)
[Reply]
DJJasonp 07:59 AM 05-01-2020
So I tried Witcher 3 (on PS4)......and it seems the controls are going to be way too tedious for me to get into.

Someone convince me that I can get past this training ground stuff and enjoy it???
[Reply]
Mecca 08:11 AM 05-01-2020
Witcher 3 is widely regarded as one of the best games of the generation....
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:19 AM 05-01-2020
Just read some stuff about Metro Exodus.

They did a really bad job of marketing because I thought it was just a game about boring snow-covered russia, but apparently you get to explore the goddamn CASPIAN SEA?!?!

IN.

[Reply]
Frazod 11:52 AM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
So I tried Witcher 3 (on PS4)......and it seems the controls are going to be way too tedious for me to get into.

Someone convince me that I can get past this training ground stuff and enjoy it???
It's a pain in the ass in the beginning, but well worth it. Fantastic game. You need to stick and move, though. Strike and then roll away, especially if you're getting dogpiled.

Of course, if you try Kingdom Come Deliverance, Witcher 3 will seem easy. :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 11:53 AM 05-01-2020
Just read some stuff about Metro Exodus.

They did a really bad job of marketing because I thought it was just a game about boring snow-covered russia, but apparently you get to explore the goddamn CASPIAN SEA?!?!

IN.

Never got that far - I got sick of the crawling through dark tunnels getting killed by things I couldn't see aspect of it.
[Reply]
Page 112 of 252
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116122162212 > Last »
Up